“Good Hotel”

Ranked #79 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We have trip to bangkok last week and stayed at Novotel Platinum. This is new hotel and have good location with smile service and room very clean. I will introduce this hotel for my friend and my partner when they have trip to Bangkok. Thanks and will back to this hotel as soon as posible.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Sagar N, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback on Tripadvisor.

Thank you also for recommending our hotel to your friends and Partner. We look forward to welcoming all of you to Novotel Bangkok Platinum in the near future.

Sagar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed at the hotel from 28 -31 Jan.
Overall, the hotel was clean and staff friendly. I have some comments though.
1. I booked the hotel 1 mths before hand requested for a double and 2 single beds. When I registered at 3pm, I was told that only single beds were available until perhaps / maybe the next day, hence had no choice but to take the single rooms. Hotel should have reserved the rooms for me. After registration, a lady hotel staff proceeded to take us to our rooms. The lady staff was quite shocked when the first room she opened had somebody still in the room taking a shower; the room guest had still not checked out at 3pm. Luckily the second room was empty. I was requested to walk / shop around so that alternative arrangements could be sorted out. After a few hours of shopping, I went back, I was surprised that a double room was available. I wonder what would happen if I had gone to the rooms by myself, open the door and find someone still in the supposedly empty room taking a shower.
2. I stayed there for 3 days..breakfast is the same every day. Could the breakfast menu be change evry other day?
3. The entrance to the hotel is not sheltered to the next door shopping centres. Perhaps a cover could have been provided to protect guests from rain to the next door shops. It was raining when I was there.
4. TV reception was a bit fuzzy..perhaps could clear up some of the channels
5. Pillow is a too soft.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hawkuan
Sagar N, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent posting on Tripadvisor and the constructive feedback you have given us.

On the specific point relating to your check-in, I was pleased to know that the team managed to rectify the problem to ensure you received the room types that you had booked.

I have also spoken to our chef in regards to varying the breakfast selection. While we have quite a large variety of items, I have asked him, in particular to look at changing some of the hot items.

On the point of accessing the Platinum Fashion Mall, we do have a direct escalator from our lobby into the shopping mall so guests can avoid walking in the rain. The great news is that In future, there will be a covered Skywalk which will link the hotel to Central World, Big C, Gaysorn and Chidlom BTS station.

On the final point of the TV reception, I have asked my team to review the quality of the picture. For the bedroom pillows, while we currently have medium strength pillows, we will be adding another 2 pillows per room which will be hard. This will give all our guests the choice of a medium or hard pillow to sleep on.

Thank you once again for giving us your feedback. This undoubtedly helps us in improving our service and facilities for our guests in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Made reservation via Accor's online website and was quoted EVERYTHING in USD & I thought I have already "lock-in that rate", but upon receiving your email, it then changes to THB using a "certain" exchange rate. During check-out the hotel uses another exchange rate which is even worst! I feel extremely cheated by this incident. You claim to be a global brand, but could not even standardise your rates!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JasonQP
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

I do understand the point you have made regarding the pricing on your reservation. With every hotel group, including ours, all hotels charge in the local currency at a fixed local rate.

With our website, when making a booking the default choice of currency is stated in USD. This can be changed at any point to allow our guests to reference against their own currency or other currencies. When proceeding to book, however, there is a summary page displayed which converts the total price into the local currency. The summary page allows you to review the exact price in Thai Baht, the arrival date, No of nights and the conditions of payment. The statement under the price states “All reservations, regardless of their origin, are payable in the local currency specified by the hotel. Foreign currency conversions are given as guidance only and are non-binding. Only the currency confirmed at reservation is guaranteed”.

On check out, as the price is fixed in Thai Baht and you were using a non-Thai credit Card, we have the option to offer you a fixed conversion rate of the day in the choice of your local currency. This option to accept or decline the conversion rate is entirely the choice of our guest. It is possible to fix the price (in your currency) on check out or wait until the credit card company uses their conversion rate when they send you the bill.

I apologise for any confusion that may have occurred but I hope I have clarified the matter and the processes that we use for reservations and billing.

I hope you visit us again soon at Novotel Bangkok Platinum.