“Bangkok Novotel Platinum”

Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam
Ranked #79 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We booked into 2 executive rooms. Unfortunately the Premier Lounge is not yet ready with completion delayed by the recent floods. They offered us free drinks (very limited drinks menu) and canapés in the public bar lounge instead. Canapés not very exciting compared to the selection normally offered in Premier Lounge in Novotel in Asia.
That aside the staff were very polite and accommodating to us which was delightful. The breakfast is good. There are shopping options downstairs at the Platinum Mall, and 5 minutes away at the massive Central World shopping centre or at the Big C shopping mall. We found that location is important in Bangkok as taxis do not take passengers if travelling less than 5kms. We had one bad experience where we were overcharged by a rogue taxi driver who did not put on the taxi meter. So we ended up taking the sky train everywhere. Very clean and convenient and air conditioned.

• Stayed January 2012
Sagar N, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor.

We were very sorry that the Premier Lounge was not available during your stay.We will be opening the Premier lounge in the middle of February.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hoping you will get to Experience our Premier Package in full.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is a really though one if I am honest! There are things I really enjoyed and there were things that were just not great. I arrived at the hotel on day 4 of it being opened to the public so one has to at least appreciate that things are not all going to go to plan. This is normally reflected in the opening price of any new hotel just opened. IE, you dont always have everything working out but you are getting the price of the hotel night cheaper than normal.

On the plus side, the staff were amazing. Could not have been any more friendly and guinuinly excited about their jobs. Even though there were a few mistakes made, nothing major in general.

The food in the restaurant was beautiful. They had a great offer on for THB645 for buffet and get one, you get a second one free. But, although the food was good, a lot of it was only a little warm or cold. They didnt seem to have a lot of the food heaters working you normally see at a buffett. This was a little annoying I have to say..!

The pool was nice which has a great view over Central World. And it was warm…:) The gym was fantastic. Everything you need in a gym including a Smith Machine and a full set of Dunbells.

Rooms were really comfortable and again no problems there. Free Internet…:)

The biggest issue I had was when I arrived they took my credit card for security. They entered the expiry date incorrect 3 times which blocked by card. I only own one credit card so this turned out to be a pain for me as I can only unblock my card at an ATM in my own country. To cut a long story short it was a great inconvienence for me for the week I was there until I arrived back home. Now, mistakes can happen and that is ok. I understand. Especially for new hotels. The problem I really had with it was, when I spoke to the guy at the front desk about the problem, it took almost an hour for him to understand that this was a problem and a mistake of the hotel. That my card was not being declined normally. We had to ring my credit card company and and get them to explain to the guy what had happened and that the hotel made a mistake which blocked my card, and they still didnt seem to understand. Even when he eventaully did understand or seem to, not once did he apologise. I was left to feal all the time that my card was being declined cause I didnt have the funds in it. I felt like I was the one wasting their time and they were just trying to accomadate me as opposed to the other way around. I kept asking to speak to the manager also which he didn't allow me to until a long time later Evetually when the manager called my room, she did apologise and in fairness to them, offer me a great discounted rate for the rest of my stay and included breakfast for free my the inconvienance caused. The food and beverage manager there, a guy from France, was the only one that was really apologetic and seem to understand my situation. So to sum up, mistakes can happen and I understand that, my porblem with all this was how it was dealt with from the begiinning before it got right. This is just feedback for the hotel and should not put anyone off from staying there as it is a great proprty, with great staff, in a fantastic location and the food is excellant. You will not be dissapointed if you stay….!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to thank you for all the positive feedback that you have written about and also the constructive feedback regarding the incident with your credit card.

While I am pleased that the situation was managed well in the end, I can only apologise for the way it was initially handled. This situation could have been avoided in the first place.

Thank you once again for staying at Novotel Bangkok Platinum and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

White Plains, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2012

The hotel is relatively new, I had large room king size bed, free internet connection, complimentary coffee tea and bottled water. Well equipped Gym on the 9th floor with large windows with Bangkok view. Full buffet western / eastern breakfast was included in the price. The Thai hospitality is well known and you get help anywhere you go. All of this for $130.- + 7% VAT

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon to Novotel Bangkok Platinum.