“Awesome!!!!”

Ranked #79 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Awesome!!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

1st time on a Novetel property in Bangkok. Everything was great except for breakfast was a bit little boring after 2 days but hey, you are in BKK, simply can forget about the buffet breakfast. Everything in the hotel is new and clean. Was expecting some cock up when check in but it went on smoothly! Great for a new hotel. Will be back if I'm heading to BKK again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Winnilicious
Astrid H, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a positive review about our hotel. We will surely pass on your positive feedback to the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum in the near future.
Sagar Naker
Novotel Bangkok Platinum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Convenient to go shopping malls! Definetely one of the best hotels around

1 Thank Karrypuffer
Sagar N, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review and the comments on the cleanliness.

Having only been open one month and being reviewed as one of the best hotels around is a real honour.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and surpassing your expectations once again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I travelled with my family of 4, together with my in laws n we stayed 3 nights in the hotel. The location was fantastic as we could shop at Platinum Mall n dropped our purchases at our rooms anytime. We could also bring our young kids up to the hotel room for afternoon naps halfway through the shopping n we greatly appreciate this convenience.
However, being a new property, we did encounter some inconveniences which we felt it could improve over time when the hotel is running at full steam.
The inconveniences:
1. Upon check-in, we we were told that the extra bed we requested is unavailable because the hotel is new, n we were suggested to have a full grown adult sleeping on the sofa bed for the price we paid! Naturally unhappy at the suggestion, the Front Desk manager offered to source for a proper extra bed, otherwise, we would be refunded for the cost of the extra bed. We went out for our shopping n was pleasantly surprised that the extra bed was arranged upon our return.
2. We had to re-format our access key card more than 5 times during our stay.
3. Prior to our stay, the Reservations took a long time to reply my enquiries, n I had to make 4 long distance calls just to confirm my booking.
The positive:
1. Nice touch on the welcome drink upon our arrival
2. Nice surprise of receiving a birthday cake on my actual day!
3. Clean n new facilities
4. Excellent location
5. Nice breakfast spread
Overall, it was a good experience. Will be back this June, n hopefully the hotel fares even better!

2 Thank BubblesCPF
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stayed here with my wife over the Christmas holidays for 3 nights. As it's right in the middle of the shopping district, taxi from the airport to the hotel took almost 2 hours to reach during the rush hour.

Most of the taxi's don't know where this hotel is yet as it was just a month old when visited. We had to inform the taxi driver Platinum Shopping Mall. The mall has two buildings, once you come up to it, just follow the road sign and drive around the building to get to the front of the hotel.

The lobby is on the 6th Floor and the hotel staff was quite helpful in getting the luggages right away. The lobby has a simple decor and it looks pretty much like the pictures in their website.

We asked for a room with a view and they gave us 2 choices. We couldn't decide and we told them to choose one for us. We ended up on the 15th floor facing south with a view of the river. It wasn't a good choice as there was a construction site right next to the hotel. They were mixing cement up until 3AM in the morning. I could hear a loud metallic clanking, as if a large metal bucket was going round and round on a machine.

The room was neat and tidy. The shower is seperated from the rest of the room by a wall to ceiling glass wall. The curtain that you can lower to hide the shower area was a little too transparent, so if you are the shy type, you would have to turn of the lights in the shower. I thought it was a pretty cool idea as I got to watch the TV from the shower (they even had an adjustable volume control in the toilet for the TV).

The buffet breakfast did not have a large spread and variety but the food was nice. Their Thai noodles and rice was good. They have a great view of the city from the buffet place on the 6th floor. There's better Thai food at the Platinum Shopping Mall's food court and there's also a 24 hour Mcdonald on the ground floor.

I found the staff courteous and helpful when I talked to them. The concierge was helpful when I was looking for a Chinese restaurant in Chinatown.

Taxi's were a bit hard to catch at the hotel as the hotel doesn't face the front road. We had to walk out about 50 meters to the front of the Platinum Mall to catch a taxi or tut-tut. The staff at the lobby informed me actually it's easier to take the airport link as the station is near the hotel (I think about 0.5KM) from the hotel. Can catch a taxi from the station to the hotel, but mind you, traffic is terrible in the middle of the city.

They have free wifi through out the hotel. It was really fast.

Overall, I liked how the hotel was walking distance from all the shopping malls (MBK was a 30 minutes walk, or just take a tut-tut). A great place to stay if you are visiting Bangkok for the shopping. Only down side was the noise from the construction site at night when the traffic dies down.

Room Tip: Avoid choosing a room facing the south, there is a large construction site next to the hotel and of...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank luxen
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and relaying your experience with us. It was very encouraging to know that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be courteous and helpful.
On your particular point about the noise from across the river, we are currently making enquiries as to why any kind of work was being carried out at 3am. We are also in the process of writing to our local district to ensure this work is not carried out after an unreasonable time.
Meanwhile, thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed the amenties and "new kid on the block" status that the hotel had to offer, however this also came at a big cost.......

The hotel's Business Centre was open & operational, however the printer was not connected up to the 2 computers set aside for use by guests. When needing to print documents, I was asked to move everything onto their USB sticks - which i refused, due to the major Data Security risks, albeit their assurances to erase my data thereafter.
I was also offered to log onto my email from the main machine (being used by the host), however it was blocked for webmail services. After several calls to their Head of IT, explaining what I needed, and waiting several hours - they finally networked the printer to both machines.

NB: They will charge you for printing, so check with them first before doing anything!!

In respect of staff, they also have room to improve, although they make attempts to be friendly & welcoming.
On the first morning, I decided to try the buffet breakfast (save yourself the trouble - go to the 7Eleven and buy all the things you need). Whilst going to refill my plate, my table was re-made, with my iced chocolate & mocha drinks removed and thrown out.....waste of my money and not replaced.
After breakfast, I wanted to go and visit my tailor (been going to him for several years) to get measured up for suits. Before organising a taxi for me, the concierge on duty decided to take it upon himself to convince me that i was better off to attend his tailor (because they could do a better job). After several minutes of kindly rejecting his offer, he contacted my tailor and started to demand a commission rate of upto 40% for the recommendation and sending me over as a guest of the hotel, otherwise threatening them to not get me a taxi to be sent over - completely unprofessional!

On another occasion, I approached the front desk to call a tour service on my behalf. They obliged, however after being placed on hold for a few minutes, started to demand to charge me by the minute for the call, and then hung-up when I refused, going to attend to someone else.

There is no doubt that the hotel is beautifully appointed (typical of Novotel's international standards), however the staff let it down dramatically through their attitude. If you are considering your stay, do yourself a favour, and check out the Vie Hotel first - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is high up and doesn't face CentralWorld (the new venue for many outdoor ev...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Ozi_Anon
Astrid H, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Novotel Bangkok Platinum. I have now had to opportunity to review and discuss all your comments with the relevant teams to see why we fell below the high service levels that we aim to deliver.

In respect to your specific comments relating to the Business Centre Printer, I understand that the team were trying to find an alternative solution in order to process your requirements quicker. This should not detract from the fact that the network printer was not configured in the first place. I am pleased to say that the problem has been rectified and it is now in full working order.

On your second point about the our breakfast service, indeed it seems that our team assumed that you had finished your breakfast and therefore removed your drinks. Our team should have offered you a replacement beverage. As drinks are included in the price of the morning buffet breakfast, it would not have carried any additional charge.

On the final point in respect of your tailor, I have already spoken to our concierge team. It should not be upto the hotel or any individual team member to impose a particular tailor onto a guest. The team have since been briefed that any guest asking for any service must be given a choice of vendors. It is then up to our guests to decide whether or not to use our recommendation.

I am very sorry that your stay and experience at our hotel fell below the high level that we want to deliver for all our guests.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to invite you back, to surpass your expectations and deliver the caring guest experience that we pride ourselves on during a future stay.

Ms Sagar Naker
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Clean rooms, clean pool, nice steam bath, cozy lounge, best service staff, amazingly comfortable bed, excellent shower rooms!! Oh my! It's really great! I will never want to stay elsewhere in bkk except for novetel platinium. I'm coming back again!

5 Thank Maiemaie
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing review about Novotel Bangkok Platinum. The team were thrilled to know that you will be returning soon to stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lyon, France
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Just opened on 26 Nov 2011, hotel is new and located near the main shopping center like Central World (5 mn by walk) and Siam Parragon, MKB etc;
Travelling with my family (2 kids and one baby), we booked a connecting room; bed are excellent and comfortable; kids club and swimming pool and the 9th floor; breakfast is correct and the restaurant is delicious with a nice view of bkk; The staff is very friendly and helpful;
Bar offered good cocktails with a nice band in the evening; We have enjoyed our stay

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank BKK2006
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Novotel Bangkok Platinum and for reviewing us. I also thank you for the great comments you have posted.
I am pleased that you got to experience so many of the facilities within the hotel as well as finding the staff and service friendly and helpful.
We will continue to strive to outperform oursleves to ensure we deliver a high level of service.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Sagar Naker