“Great value, good location!”

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Ranked #8 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The metro is connected to the hotel and is really convenient to get to tourist sites around the city. Rooms are a good size and well appointed. Breakfast was great but wouldn’t recommend the other restaurants in the hotel. Staff were helpful with local directions and also helped us change our flight to Chiang Mai. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Greta location, service, infinity pool, sunbathing area , breakfasts are good, all round great place to stay in bangkok

Next to bts station so easily accessible round the city, and only 5 mins from the lebua state tower for rooftop bar sirocco

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Miles H
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The customer service was good. The beds were comfortable. There is free internet. I would not recommend driving to this hotel. This hotel is located in a business district. Traffic is absolutely horrific. It was quite difficult to get walk around the areas near the hotel. There are no shops and not much restaurant options. It is aimed at business people not tourists. If you are looking for spa treatments it is absolutely not the hotel to stay at. All spa treatments are off site where you have to walk a couple of blocks to get there yourself. Its so ridiculous that I did not even bother. Also I did not feel safe walking outside myself to this off site spa location. I was up at 3 am in the morning and looking outside the hotel windows and just can't believe the amount of traffic. Does this city sleep? The hotel has a pool on the 14th floor as you can see from pictures uploaded however the big, big problem is that the city is so polluted that looking at the skyline from the pool floor all you can see is polluted grey air and noisy cars. I would not recommend you stay here if you have asthma. I had to wear a mask and use my inhalers quite often. The hotel is however located near sky train which made it at least more tolerable to get around. There was free continental breakfast each day. I have to say this hotel does offer a wide variety of descent breakfast selections that is tailored to different ethnics.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
EGS_General_Manager, Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Charlene H,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn.

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us on Trip Advisor.

Despite the positive aspects of Eastin Grand Sathorn you mentioned there were certain points in your review that were completely outside the control of the hotel and I would like to take this opportunity to respond to these and inform your fellow readers who might be considering staying with us. I truly regret that you did not seem to enjoy your time with us as the issues in your review seems geared more towards the city itself rather than your stay.

I must apologise that you had difficulty accessing the hotel due to the traffic. I can assure you that the notorious Bangkok gridlock is not exclusive to the Sathorn area and, at certain times of day, all areas of the city can be problematic. This is after all a major Asian metropolis of some 8 million people. However as we are located within easy access of the expressway this would be the most expedient method of reaching us if coming from either of Bangkok’s international airports. Plus having direct access to the skytrain makes things a lot easier as combined with the Suvarnabhumi airport link rail system which connects with the skytrain network you can travel to the hotel without ever encountering the traffic below.

The hotel is aimed at visitors from every market segment and I regret that for some reason you were under the impression that we were a “business” hotel. The reviews on this very website show we welcome guests who visit Bangkok for all number of purposes.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that, despite not having a spa on-site, we do provide an outsourced service where you can receive treatment in the comfort of your own room. I am sorry if you were not aware of this and have instructed our front office staff and concierge desk to ensure that guests are fully informed as to what services are available within the hotel.

As Eastin Sathorn is located on one of the main thoroughfares in Bangkok which hosts a number of embassies, headquarters of international corporations and luxury hotels I am sorry that for some reason you did not feel safe when walking outside. To date we have not received any feedback from our guests that they encountered any problems in our vicinity.

It is unfortunate that due to your personal condition you were not able to fully enjoy the swimming pool area as many of our guests enjoy relaxing there and comment positively on the view, as can be seen from our Trip Advisor reviews.

In the end I would like to offer my further heartfelt apologies as it seems Bangkok was not what you were expecting. I genuinely hope that on your next trip you enjoy a relaxing time in a destination more in tune with your needs.

However as we are wholly dedicated to our guests’ total satisfaction if you have any further points regarding the hotel itself I would be extremely grateful to receive them so as I can attend to matters.

I can be reached via gmadmin@eastingrandsathorn.com

Yours sincerely,

Patrick Manthe
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We had upgraded to an executive room and had use of the lounge as well as partaking in happy hour.
We had a beautiful room with very comfy beds and lovely crisp but soft bedding .
Breakfast in the exec lounge was really lovely but the happy hour in the evening was amazing . We had expected a few crisps or suchlike but were treated to the most amazing and beautifully presented miniature buffet I have seen. The food was amazing so much so I wished we weren't going out to eat each night.
The staff were wonderful and nothing ever seemed to much trouble.
The location is great with direct access to the sky train from the 3 rd floor and just one stop to the river.
One word of warning make sure you leave with the address of the hotel as we had great problems in taxis as they did not know the hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

A wonderful place to stay in Bangkok! Very friendly stuff, a wonderful pool and a perfect place to relax in this busy city! The pool area is just great! Enjoy a drink in the evening with a great view! I recommend this hotel and I'm sure, that we will come back!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The rooms were nice, clean and modern. The location was great. The staff were very friendly and efficient and the pool area is spectacular. Did i mention that the breakfast was one of the best ever and the Chinese restaurant to die for?

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn is in itself a good hotel. Positive points are the direct access to the BTS Sky Train system, the spectacular swimming pool on the 14th floor and the really fantastic breakfast. Furthermore, the rooms are comfortable as you would expect from a hotel of this price range. But the Eastin hotel did not entirely live up to my expectations. Main reason is the location of the hotel. The hotel is situated in a business district, with no shops and only here and there a restaurant. It is aimed at business people. Also, because the hotel is quite busy, I would tourists recommend choosing a better located with a more personal atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear DrLTP,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

May I being by thanking you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all feedback whether in person or by websites such as this as they allow us to ascertain how we can maintain or improve upon the high standards we set ourselves.

I was extremely pleased to read your kind words praising certain aspects of our hotel but must offer my sincere apologies that our location was not what you were expecting. When building the hotel our first consideration was how to make as many areas of Bangkok as accessible as possible within the shortest possible time allowing guests to enjoy the many dining, entertainment, shopping and tourist destinations afforded by the city. We chose Sathorn because, as you mentioned, we have direct access to the BTS skytrain system which means the Chao Praya River with its tourist attractions is one stop away and the Siam area which is an essential destination for many of our guests is about 10 minutes in the other direction. Most other hotels are located in areas that may contain a number of restaurants etc. but this also means accessing other desired attractions can be quite time consuming.

As we welcome guests who stay with us for many different reasons and certainly do not consider ourselves a “business hotel” when taking into consideration the tourist-friendly amenities and facilities we provide I deeply regret that you felt the hotel lacked a personal atmosphere, as many of our guests seem to enjoy their experience with us as the reviews on Trip Advisor will attest to.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you as our valued guest and should you ever return to Bangkok would do us the pleasure of your company once again. If you choose not to stay with us I genuinely hope that you find accommodation that is more in keeping with your personal requirements as my only desire is that you thoroughly enjoy your time in Thailand.

Yours sincerely,