“Good, but not excellent”

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Ranked #11 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Drammen, Norway
“Good, but not excellent”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights during Chinese New Year so the hotel was full as were the swimmingpoolarea wich I think was to small - it was almost impossible to get sunbeds unless you were present before 10 am. But the pool is nice as well as the rooms. Not the biggest, but they have everything you need. We had a clubroom and the coctails and snacks is nice and breakfast very good.
They did not do turndownservice - a little strange for a 5 star hotel. But overall a good hotel with easy acess to the skytrain.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrammenDrammen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (811)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is just a stunning hotel; from the moment you walk in until you taste your first cocktail before taking a dip into the 14th floor infinity pool overlooking the city, just stunning.
The breakfast selection was awesome, every imaginable combination for every palate, including my need for Dim sum and noodles for breakfast.
Attentive staff, gleamingly clean rooms and from our room on the 27th floor, the views are spectacular.
Would definitely use this as a base again while in Bangkok.
It has its own link bridge to the Sky train and the staff can get you a taxi in minutes, they also give you a little ticket with the hotel telephone number and address written in Thai on it, so if you get into a taxi or Tuk Tuk the driver will know where he is going.

Room Tip: The higher the better, simply for the views over the river towards China town.
1 Thank Mark L
Manchester, UK
Reviewed February 27, 2014

There's not much to say other than what's already been said, great hotel, so convenient with the Skytrain link. We upgraded on arrival to access the Executive Lounge, definitely worth the money, the 'snacks' included a delicious soup, little pastries, cheesecake, etc etc much more than I was expecting. The view from the Lounge looks over towards the river and surroundings, I think the view was just as good as any of the rooftop bars. The staff in the lounge were also very helpful with printing out boarding passes so that we could check in for our flights online. For the extra payment, it is well worth it even if just for a few alcoholic drinks :)

Ordered room service on arrival as our flight arrived late and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. Breakfast in the Lounge was very good, great selection, can't go wrong really.

The pool is a fantastic feature, just a shame the area is a little small for the size of the hotel.

What make this hotel is the staff, I tried to tell the receptionist on leaving how this had made our stay extra special, but I think it got a little lost in translation :) So if the management read these reviews, please make sure your staff are told what a great job they are doing please!

I'm being really picky now, but the only thing I could criticise is the lack of coat hangers, storage space, us girls need a LOT of space, especially when we are Bangkok shopping.. :)

We enjoyed our stay so much we are already talking about going back to this hotel next year.

1 Thank rossy28
Scotland
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed here for a three day visit to Bangkok, we chose it primarily for it’s proximity to the BTS and central pier and it was perfect.
Check in was really slow but I think the guy on the desk might have been new.
Our room was spacious and well kept, the view was great. There was a good selection at the breakfast buffet and the table service was fast and friendly.
The pool area was stunning
It cost us 400 baht for a taxi from the airport, it took just under an hour.When we checked out we asked the concierge to get us a taxi which miraculously appeared from the side of the building. We jumped in to find there was a fixed fee, double what we had paid to get there. Not amused!

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed February 26, 2014

we as a family with my little son(3.5) stayed there .I don't wanna say about the details which everybody have done.I 'm just saying that everything was perfect as I expected and thank all the staff especially Maya(the receptionist) who gave us the best room near playroom for my son and the girl in playroom who I cannot remember her name(sorry for this) and was so kind and again all the staff.

will defenitely come back

cheers,
Samaneh

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Eastin for two nights (with a week apart between each night as we were travelling around Thailand). The first night was great. The rooms are lovely and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The location was perfect for jumping on the Sky Train and exploring the city. I would have recommended the hotel to friends after the first night stay.

We then came back the second time and I can't even begin to express my gratitude for the help they provided to us on this last night. My boyfriend fell ill and the staff got us in touch with the hotel doctor and advised us on visiting the local hospital. Everything worked out all right in the end and we got him medicine but the staff completely blew me away with their kindness. I had a follow up call from reception asking if he was alright and then on check out two separate people had hoped he was feeling better. It was so kind and so helpful being that I was in such unfamiliar surroundings. thank you again to the staff at Eastin. I will definitely being staying with you again.

P.s. The breakfast was the best we had in Thailand! Loved it.

2 Thank urnmalone
Attard, Malta
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel is a very nice 5 star hotel situated in a relatively clean area of Bangkok. The area is not right at the city centre but the connections from the hotel are great. The hotel is directly connected to the Skytrain which is one of the best modes of travel in Bangkok! The rooms are good sized and very clean. The decor is also quite new and designer finished. Breakfast is very abundant. The service is excellent and the pool of this hotel is amazing....a must go! Prices were very reasonable!

The only two small drawbacks, if they may be classified as so, are the lack of elevators in the hotel. The hotel has mainly 4 elevators that connect to the rooms but these are clearly not enough to cater for all the 35+ levels at this hotel. The wait could take even 10mins at times for the elevator. Another small drawback is the size of the packed breakfast - due to the location of this hotel our pick-up times for tours were quite early so we couldn't get the buffet breakfast (which is amazing), so we asked for packed breakfast. This was somewhat dissapointing.

Overall a highly recommendable hotel!

1 Thank splodutmalta