“Very good hotel. Convenient location, friendly professional staff, fairly priced. Exactly what is says on booking websites.”

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Ranked #10 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

It was our first time in Bangkok and we decided to stay there couple of nights on the way to and from Koh Samui and Koh Tao.
Good hotel- exactly what it says on their website and on booking websites. Our room was on 25th floor overlooking river and Bangkok city.
They have lovely terrace with infinity pool where we stayed last few hours before flying back to London.
Breakfast has variety of choices.
Staff is very polite an professional as in most places in Thailand.
Nearby Eastin is a Blue Elephant restaurant which is a good change- we ate there on our first night but were not impressed at all to be honest..prices like in London but food is just ok, nothing special. At least there was a nice atmosphere and if you turn up in your shorts- staff will give you long traditional thai trousers which was fun.
Very convenient location- they have a sky train going straight to the airport.
If you take a taxi anywhere in Bangkok ask them to turn a meter on- much cheaper! We've been told by taxi men that it is 600baht (1000bhat is £25 approx) to the airport but we insisted on a meter and it was just 200 baht.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (855)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed August 25, 2013

One of the newest modern hotels in Bangkok, this one surely is poised well to advantage of the location and easy connection to sky train.... And the service attitude shows that they are trying their best to get to the top of the game. Modern rooms with fantastic views, direct connection to sky train station wherein 1 stop on one side will take you the river ferry terminal and 4 stops on the other side will take u to the main shopping centers, an infinity pool to chill, killer breakfast spread......wat more can one ask for......

We were pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to a grand premium deluxe room wherein the views were fantastic and the room was tastefully done.

Customer service at its very best wherein once they were able to retrieve an item that I left behind in a taxi (they keep note of which hotel guests take which taxi for safety purpose).....also they have a constant follow up with the guests on service standards......

More room for improvement in staff to be able to have a better communication and faster turnaround times while ordering room service or general housekeeping requests.

Surely would recommend this place for all the advantages it brings along......

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank roddamranganath
Paris
Reviewed August 22, 2013

There's very little to criticise at the Eastin Hotel. It's very well located, with an exit leading directly to a skytrain station, and from there to the river (only one station), where you can pick up a ferry to most of the city's tourist attractions.
The room (superior) we had was spacious. The restaurant was good (although we avoided the buffet, which I felt was very overpriced), the breakfast was excellent, and the swimming pool and surrounding lounge area a delight. There was also a very well equipped fitness centre.
The only drawback was that the other guests seemed to be predominantly travelling in large groups, and they weren't necessarily very savoury types...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank danthrosby75
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn back in May and the whole experience was great. Upon arrival we received an upgrade to the last floor which gave us amazing views over the city. The rooms are new and spacious with modern design and spotless clean. The location is absolutely perfect. There is a private exit of the hotel leading to the metro.

We had booked a trip to Vietnam for a week after which we would return to the hotel. The concierge was kind enough to keep our excess luggage for a week until our return.

he hotel was a great find and I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ana005
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great location, friendly staff and everything you expect from a top hotel! The absolute best is the pool, great infinity pool looking out over the city...serving great pina coladas at the bar! We will definitely stay here on our next Bangkok trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SaraLewin
Norway
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I lived at this hotel for 4 nights in july 2013. Eastin hotel is located in Sathorn. Not the best location because it's only offices in this area (and Eastin hotel). And of course lots of traffic. But wait a moment! The best thing about this hotel is the Skytrain (BTS). This hotel has it's own Skytrain-station! Just take the elevator to the 3. floor in the hotel and go to the entrance and from there you can walk on the bridge that is connected to the Surasak BTS-station. This is a very good way to get around Bangkok fast and cheap.

The check in lady was very friendly. The room was very nice with high quality and nice designed furniture. Bathroom was good size. And very big shower area. I liked my hotel room very much! But after a while I saw that everything was not perfect with this room.

There was a cheap sliding door (why, what is wrong with a normal door?!) to the bathroom. When this was closed it was stuck because of the wall on the side so to get into the bathroom I had to pull the door a little and then slide it. And there was scrathes on the wall because of this (pic). And the light switches was bad quality and not everyone worked.

At the breakfast one time one of the staff was showing me a table where I could sit. But I said I want to sit "there". Then she asked me if I wanted tea or coffee. I said tea. But when I got back to my table there was no tea there. A kind of revenge for not listening to her? I am a grown up! :). One other time I sat down to eat. I went for more food but when I got back to my table a new person was sitting there! But one of the staff showed him the table so it was her fault.

And now for the worst part. First of all the lady at check out was in a bad mood. I payed my room with a credit card. After paying I saw the receipt. It said I was paying in NOK. Yes she said you are paying in NOK. But can you ask me before I pay maybe? I want to pay in Baht I said. Ok she said and cancelled the other payment. This is not good for this kind of a hotel! Because if I pay with NOK (my currency in my home country Norway) the hotel can earn more money (and ofcourse I have to pay more) than if I payed in local currency Baht. I compared the receipt when I came home and I the difference was NOK 120. Not much but that's not important, what's important is that they tried to rip me off NOK 120 kr. (approx. 640 Baht)!

So I can only give 1 star rating. If the didn't try to rip me off I would give 3.

(+):
*bed
*nice room and furniture but..
*BTS station connected to the hotel
*nice view from hotel room (21. floor)
*internet included in price and good speed (with cable)
*big windows
*big bathroom and shower area
*pool area with a view (14. floor)

(-):
*hotel tried to rip me off!
*soundproofing between rooms
*..many flaws in room
*waiting for elevators
*some of the staff are unprofessional (I met 4!)
*roomservice (average food, guy in a bad mood)
*aircon is slow
*some light switches don't work and bad quality
*reading light at bed
*sliding door to bathroom
*pool was a bit small

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
13 Thank Trondheim10
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Trondheim 10,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

I would like to start by thanking your for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We consider Trip Advisor to be an essential part of today’s travel industry as it not only allows us to find out why our guests enjoyed their stay and in which areas we can improve matters for our future patrons but acts as a conduit to reply to the comments posted.

It was a pleasure to read that your initial impression of the hotel was positive but I must offer my apologies that certain aspects of your stay and your own perception of events caused you to some disappointment.

We operate a year-round constant guest room care programme in the hotel involving both our Engineering and Housekeeping departments to ensure all our rooms are in perfect condition therefore once we have ascertained which room you occupied my team will attend to the issues immediately.

I regret that you held the perplexing notion that the member of staff who served you at breakfast did not serve you a cup of tea because of “a kind of revenge” for you not sitting in the place she initially offered. Our guests request a change of seating on a daily basis at breakfast to one more suitable for their needs and naturally our staff are happy accommodate them. However I have instructed the staff to be more aware regarding serving guests their desired beverage and not seating another guest at a table already occupied.

After reading your comments on Trip Advisor it seems that the main grievance you had was the incident involving your payment at check-out. I would like to completely refute your allegation as quite contrary to your inaccurate opinion that Eastin Grand Sathorn “rips people off” we pride ourselves on our honesty and integrity when dealing with our guests therefore I would like to set the record straight to protect the hotel’s hitherto unblemished reputation.

Admittedly our staff should have followed hotel policy and asked you whether you wanted to pay in Thai Baht or your local currency but this had no bearing on future events. I have instructed their manager to brief them fully on this matter.

Our credit card machines have a “multi-currency” option which allows guests to choose to pay in either Thai Baht or another currency. If the guest chooses to pay in their own currency then the charges will be converted from Thai Baht to that currency on the same day based on the bank rate of that time. Naturally this means the difference between the charges and the credit card statement will be quite small.

If the guest chooses to pay in Thai baht the charges will be sent to the bank and converted a few days later after the credit card company acknowledges the charges. In the space of those days the currency may fluctuate which is what seemingly occurred in your situation.

We would like to add that the credit card machine is linked online automatically to the bank and our staff have no way to access it and manually “adjust” the exchange rates charges in favour of the hotel.

I hope that this explanation clarifies matters for you and assures you of our complete transparency in serving our valued guests.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

What a wonderful hotel to escape to from the dirty and busy streets of Bangkok. Modern and clean with excellent service. Everybody in every single department never failed to smile and help make us feel at home. Breakfast buffet was included with our room every day and it was delicious with a wide variety of fresh asian and western food. Not your average cheap buffet where they offer you a simple selection of old baked goods. Little things like a particular server remembering what kind of tea I liked to drink every morning was nice. I must have been one of hundreds of guests to have dined there each morning. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom lovely, daily housekeeping great. Fast free wifi included and I heard the direct sky train access is convenient as well although we never used it. Would definitely return and recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family