I stayed for 3 nights this weekend and thought the hotel was virtually perfect. The suite was superb and very spacious. The bed was very comfortable. Everyday the room is cleaned to a very high standard and the views from every room of the suite are stunning. Very enjoyable when you can look over the whole of Bangkok whilst sitting on the toilet haha!
I have only 2 criticisms and they are both very small....
1) I felt the executive lounge should of had a bit of a dress code, having a few drinks and some food before hitting the town with people still in swimwear from the pool and kids running round ruined it slightly. I have stayed at 3 star hotels which have dress codes to their buffet restaurants.
2) The lifts! The way the hotel is set you can access the floors via lift. Not normally a problem but when you're on the 32nd floor and all you want to do is go to 31st floor it can take a while. I waited nearly 10 minutes. I think as I called the lift someone on a lower floor would call it, the lift would obviously call at their floor first and then they would take the lift down. This would happen a lot meaning the hotel had the run of the elevators but the top floors. Very frustrating!
Apart from this the hotel is perfect. It right next to the sky train so you are never very far from town. In addition I always managed to get a taxi to the hotel late at night for around 200 Baht. If you can afford a room on the hotel but you can't afford that then you don't belong in the hotel.
I guarantee if you stay here you will love it, I certainly did. Will be staying again in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn is one of the premier hotels in Bangkok's luxury hotel sector. This deluxe property is centrally located in the Sathorn business district, and a short drive via the nearby expressway to Suvarnabhumi International Airport. It is unique in being the only hotel in Bangkok with its own direct access to the BTS Sky Train system at Surasak Station literally bringing the city to your doorstep. All 390 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites are decorated in soft, subtle tones and feature the latest amenities for the comfort of both le ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.