“One of the best”

Ranked #10 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
bristol uk
“One of the best”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here in April for 4 nights a really great Hotel, great service from all the staff.
The infinity pool on the 14 th floor is a must see ,tried the Italian Restaurant food lovely but not cheap.The BTS connects to the 3rd floor and is the best was to access Bangkok.
A 15 minute walk to sathorn pier you can take a boat up and down the river the best way to visit all monuments and Grand palace.the rooms are spotless and a good size.
A very nice Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (855)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki
Reviewed June 22, 2013

On arrival at this hotel one is struck by the number of staff who are trying their best to make one feel welcome. The room was rather plain with very basic furniture, and to my big surprize there was no bath in the bathroom, only a shower. Neither was there a small hand-held shower attached to the toilet.The beds were large enough and very comfortable. To my bigger surprize there was no steam room or sauna though there was a fitness room. One would think that a brand new hotel like this should at least have these aforementioned facilities. On the whole the experience staying here warrents at most 3 and half stars. It will however prove to be very popular due to direct access to the BTS Surasak station.

1 Thank PeterHelsinki
EGS_General_Manager, Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear PeterHelsinki,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn Bangkok.

I would like to begin by thanking you for sharing your experiences of your stay at Eastin Grand Sathorn. Genuine feedback on Trip Advisor such as yours is very important to us as it allows us to gauge the satisfaction of our guests after their visit and ascertain areas in which we can improve on the high standards we set ourselves.

It was a pleasure to learn that our staffs’ efforts to provide a true Thai welcome were appreciated as we feel that the staff/guest interaction is one of the most important elements of an enjoyable and rewarding stay. I am also glad that you found our beds to be very comfortable as we consider them to be among the best available in our market segment.

I would like to offer my most sincere apologies that certain aspects of your stay led you to award us an average rating on Trip Advisor.

I regret that you considered our rooms to be rather plain with basic furniture as the design brief for the hotel was to create a contemporary yet warm atmosphere and through the use of the subtle tones and furnishings we feel (and judging by the feedback from our guests they overwhelmingly agree) that we have achieved this.

I would like to inform you that only the category of room you chose is without a bathtub and all other categories contain a fully fitted bathroom. Our superior rooms, which judging by your comment is the room type you chose, contain a large walk-in shower. May I add that many deluxe and luxury hotel bathrooms in Thailand do not contain a water gun.

I am concerned that these slight disappointments led you to award us an average score on Trip Advisor as the vast majority of our guests enjoy their stay therefore if there were any other aspects of your visit that did not live up to your expectations could you kindly find the time to contact me directly via gmadmin@eastingrandsathorn.com with the details I will investigate and rectify matters where necessary.

May I end by saying that we sincerely hope you give us another chance to prove why we are rated so highly on Trip Advisor on your next visit to Thailand.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick Manthe
Hotel Manager
Telford, England
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Location of the hotel great especially with the added bonus of the BTS being literally on the doorstep and the water taxi's to the Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha etc one stop away.
For a little extra charge we stayed in an Executive Room with the the use of the executive lounge on the 32nd floor. The lounge was great (better than that of the Banyan Tree where we stayed on our last visit) the service was excellent the waiting staff are eager to serve hence your glass is never empty!! The rooms are comfortable and spacious for a city hotel the bathrooms are modern with a great shower.
Check in and out was very quick and easy and we were offered complimentary beverages whilst waiting for our taxi in the Swizzle Lounge even though we had checked out.
Other likes: free wifi (never had a problem with connection) great pool area with an open air panoramic view of the city/river and of course the staff who are a credit to the hotel. Any criticism that has been aimed in previous reviews concerning the staffs poor English in my mind is very unfair after all English is probably their 2nd/3rd language and I know for a fact that my Thai is non existent!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saddlersbucks
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We are currently staying at the Eastin Grand and love it!! Beautiful rooms, breakfast was great, the infinity pool is gorgeous but on the smaller side which is ok because it was not crowded...the best thing is how convenient it is...it has its own bridge to the sky train, so it's only a 1 minute walk and you have access to the BTS..so convenient!! We arrived late, dropped our things in our room and hopped on the train to watch a late night more at Siam peragon within 10 minutes...

Ferntree Gully, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I travelled solo, and booked an executive room, I found the room extremely comfortable and clean, with a lovely bathroom. The tv was good and WiFi, fast and reliable. I did not have the same issues with the lifts that others have complained about.
There were renovations being done on the 33rd floor, and through day the lounge was closed, but at those times I could get complimentary refreshments from the Swizzles Lounge Bar on the ground floor, very nicely done too. The executive lounge was open for breakfast and evening cocktails though. The quality of the food and drinks in the evening is very good , with excellent service from the friendly staff.
For me , the location of the hotel is very good and I hope to return one day.

Room Tip: If you can , choose the executive level, I think very good value.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank marilynjoy
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Arriving at Eastin is already there a nice experience. Taxi/limo or car turning up like to a mansion but still in the "core" city center. Sathorn is a much better area to stay at than Sukhumvit, where I have also stayed sometimes. Eastin offers a direct bridge to the Surasak BTS (railtrain) which I think, together with the MRT (sub) is the optimal way to move in this city.

OK, hotel!
Fast and smooth check-in, bellboys coming 1 minute after you arrived to your room with your bags. Room well furnitured, great bed, up-to date interior and an excellent bathroom, good view on higher floor (stayed at 21:st). Stunningly poolarea (infinity facing southwest) at floor 14 together with a well equipped fitness center which I used four times (free water of course). Breakfast..............yummy........dimsum, international cuisine, Japanese, chinese....Healthy.........fruits in all varietys.....all you can ever want is on the menu.

Did not try the restaurants at night but tried roomservice, ordered Thai, and it was perfect so my bet is that the restaurants in house is up to the standard.

Today checking out................and it is a little like leaving home :-(

Will I come back...............ABSOLUTELY!

Room Tip: Ask for floor on high floor facing west.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nothing exceptional except for the swimming pool area and the view (prefer the sky rooms).

It was not a memorable experience and definitely not what I expect from a '5 star hotel'.
We were much more impressed by our 1 hour experience at the Mandarin Oriental SPA.

To finish on a good note, Eastin Grand Hotel staff was really nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear ploui,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all feedback as it allows us to maintain our high standards and attend to any problems as they occur.

I was pleased to learn that you found our staff to be really nice. Comments such as yours only make my team strive to offer our guests a real Thai welcome.

I would like to offer my regrets that your stay did not live up to what you expected but sincerely hope that should you visit Bangkok again you would consider us as your choice of accommodation where we can have another chance to prove why the vast majority of our guests thoroughly enjoy their stay.

Yours sincerely,