“Would definitely stay again”

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Ranked #7 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My sister and I stayed for 3 nights in an executive room whilst on family business. The room was large, clean and very comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were extremely accommodating. The executive lounge was fantastic, the 'happy hour' 17:30.19:30 was just great. After busy days, nice to unwind with as much alcohol as you could drink and a good selection of nibbles, which filled us up, meaning we never needed to buy dinner, and set us up for our evenings out.
The infinity pool was really nice, but needed to get there early for a lounger, but a great place to unwind after an evening out, with fantastic views.
Direct access to the sky train was a must for us and was just perfect, making travelling around the city a dream.
Wasn't really keen on Bangkok, but this hotel made it for us. If I ever went back, this is the only place I would stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa K
Write a ReviewReviews (6,670)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

What a fantastic hotel. Stayed for 4 nights while travelling around Asia with my wife and 2.5 year old son. A beautiful pool with a great view, the views from everywhere are great.
My son was made welcome every where in the hotel, at breakfast the staff would walk him to the table and give him his own Disney plate and cup, the security staff, concierge and door staff were also all very warm towards him.
The breakfast is the most opulent that I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying at any hotel. If critical perhaps the bacon could be cooked a little more but with all the choices it seems petty to even highlight this.
Will need to use the sky train to head to any bar areas far enough away but super easy to get to any. Also on the same sky train line as MBK so this made my wife happy. 10 out of 10 service 11 out of 10 for breakfast.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Acjc180
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel was very nice and a good value. The rooms were fantastic, with great views over the river. The infinity pool was amazing, although there was limited seating, so you had to get there early in the morning to have a chair. The bar in the lobby did 2 for 1 martinis and they were very good.

The location was great and the hotel had its own entrance to the sky train, which was incredibly convenient.

The breakfast was good, but not particularly special compared to other hotels in Bangkok.

My one complaint is that at the pool, the staff were not particularly attentive. There were teenage boys who were splashing some of the older guests who were sitting near the pool, and this clearly made the guests uncomfortable. Despite there being about 10 staff members nearby, nobody said anything to the children (this happened several times over a few days) and eventually other guests had to intervene. I would have expected otherwise at a 4/5* hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear tk1112,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities we offer our valued guests.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disturbance you encountered at the swimming pool and my staffs’ lack of action in preventing it. The comfort of our guests is of the utmost importance and I have held a meeting with my management to instruct their staff to be proactive in dealing with any disturbance issues caused by other guests. I greatly appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you at Eastin Grand Sathorn and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangkok.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We're staying here right now and it's a stunning hotel. The breakfasts and the pool area alone is worth paying a bit more for the only down is as its a great establishment the food and beverage prices match 190 baht for a small Chang beer (double the price of most places for the larger size). My advice stay here but drink elsewhere

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in Bangkok in the Executive Suite (with Lounge Access). We were in bangkok to shop so the train access and free Skytrain pass was excellent.Rooms were excellent, clean and beds super comfy. No noise to speak of.

Overall rooms great value for money. Given we were so busy and missed nearly every cocktail hour I would definetly stay again but not spend the extra on the Lounge Access.

THe pool is also amazing and a great place for a late night drink

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Morganlee84
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights at Eastin Grand Sathorn, we were absolutely satisfied with the hotel, I can't add any negative comments.

- good location: from the international airport it takes about 35-40 minutes to recah the hotel; it is close to main attractions of Bangkok; it is directly linked to Skytrain (there is a private bridge from the skytrain station to the hotel)
- beautiful lobby, room, restaurant and swimming pool area - every place is absolutely clean
- nice view from the room, we were given a room on the 23rd floor :)
- spacious room
- great selection of foods for breakfast
- the swimming pool is awsome, it is located on the 14th floor; it is an infinity pool
- nice and helpful staff, they do speak English

If we go to Bangkok once again, I am absolutely sure that we will stay at this hotel.

Stayed as a couple, in the beginning of March.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel itself was brand new and very nice and is attached to the Skytrain so its easy to get about. I usually stay in Silom however and found theres a lot more to do in that area.

Plus the taxi drivers didnt know the hotel (as its new) so had some trouble getting back in the evenings.

Overall a good quality hotel but not the best location for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business