LOCATION : this hotel is located in an area without interest, far away from main temples, markets...It is surrounded by huge avenues, not pleasant to walk on, very noisy. The only good point is that it is connected to the skytrain (Surasak station) by a footbridge and thus you can reach the airport in less than 45min.
It is an ugly building from outside.
RECEPTION : Check-in is quite fast. I had booked a non smoking room a month earlier and I precised in my booking that I was a non smoker but the receptionnist informed me on arrival that only smoking rooms were still available. If I had been informed earlier, I would have cancelled my booking. However she informed me that non smoking rooms were available in the upper category (sky room) but she did not offer to upgrade me. The price difference would have been in my charge. This is not commercially acceptable. So I was sent to the smoking floor...
ROOM : the room smells cold tobacco, the bed linen and curtains as well. My clothes that were hung in the wardrobe got this awful smell.
The room was large, well equipped with standard facilities for this hotel category. The room, like the corridor, is carpeted, which is not hygienic at all. Decoration is gloomy, brown colour everywhere. It really needs to be renewed.
BATHROOM : it is large, functional and very clean.
BREAKFAST : the breakfast room is very noisy and not pleasant. The buffet offers lots of choices but quality is only acceptable. It is not the kind of buffet that is usually offered in a 5* hotel. This breakfast corresponds to a 4* hotel. The staff are very polite and efficient, they do a great job.
- swimming pool is the only asset of this hotel. It is a very long infinity pool, you can really swim. You have a view on the buildings around and you can hear traffic jam...not very relaxing.
- a few pc are available in a corner of the reception floor.
This hotel is overrated, it is not what we expect from a 5* hotel. It is not charming, very impersonnal, a kind of a factory for tourists. I do not recommend this hotel and I will never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn is one of the premier hotels in Bangkok's luxury hotel sector. This deluxe property is centrally located in the Sathorn business district, and a short drive via the nearby expressway to Suvarnabhumi International Airport. It is unique in being the only hotel in Bangkok with its own direct access to the BTS Sky Train system at Surasak Station literally bringing the city to your doorstep. All 390 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites are decorated in soft, subtle tones and feature the latest amenities for the comfort of both le ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.