15 people are viewing this hotel
$122
Official Hotel
$97
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$122
Hotels.com$122
Priceline$139
travelup.com$160
9,034 results
All reviews infinity pool direct access blue elephant restaurant superior sky room surasak station great hotel the river the executive lounge third floor breakfast buffet great pool stayed here for nights convenient location train thailand sathorn taxi
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2012

A bad first impression and downhill all the way!

The car park is a disgrace, badly designed and once parked only 1 lift! It took three attempts before the doors opened and there was room to get in, From pulling in of Sathorn Road to getting to the room was 45 minutes an absolute disgrace. The staff at reception were slow, incompetent and churlish, no greeting, no complimentary drink, not even a glass of water.

The 4 main lifts serving the room floors are clearly inadequate too, often having to wait for 5 minutes or longer and when it does come it is frequently already full. Also it needs the room card to operate it and frequently the buttons will not engage. The rooms are OK, nothing special though, clearly attention to detail by housekeeping is somewhat lacking as the bathroom has issues. The restaurant lacks both quality and choice, breakfast is poor, a little like what one would expect 10 years ago but with a few extras. Having been there for more than 2 days, the buffet was repetative with very few variations, the carved meats were disgraceful at times, clearly having stood around so long that it was cremated! And the staff still tried to serve it to diners.

The Internet throughout was horrendous, unstable, slow and I had major issues connecting to VPN connection at office, the resident IT was unable to provide any resolution.

Although I believe the hotel is quite new the issues mostly are things that one would expect during a 'soft opening' and there is no excuse for the rudeness of staff, you can get away with a lot if you are polite and clearly trying your best. Come on! you're charging full price and promoting yourselves as a five star establishment... In your dreams Eastin Grand

• Trip type: Traveled solo
16  Thank sabaimorlam
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Mr. Richie20260,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

Thank you for your feedback on Trip advisor. We appreciate all comments as they allow us to maintain our high standards and rectify any problems that may arise.

I would like to take this opportunity to reply to you personally regarding the issues you raised.
Your opinion of the breakfast has been well noted but as we have never received a negative comment of this nature either in person nor through our Guest Satisfaction Survey, I regret that you found it not to your liking.

Your other comments regarding the food have been passed on to our Executive Chef.

I was rather bemused by your comment that the car park was “disgraceful “ as it is a standard hotel car park therefore I am unsure what your exact grievance was apart from having a short delay waiting for the lift. Possibly you were unaware that we offer a valet parking service for our guests which eliminates any inconvenience they may encounter.

Without exact specifics regarding the supposed slowness, churlishness or incompetence of our staff I am afraid I am at a loss of where we need to ascertain which areas need improvement.

Again without specifics the bathroom issues you mentioned are slightly vague in allowing us to take action.

At the time of your visit the lifts were undergoing essential maintenance but to cause minimal disruption to our guests only one lift was out of action at any one time.

The issues you experienced with the internet have now been rectified by our IT Department.

I can assure you that where you actually specified a problem we have taken the necessary action to rectify it. Unfortunately we have no record of you complaining during your stay with the exception of the slowness of the internet therefore we could not attend to your problems at the time.

If you would care to kindly contact me and clarify your ambiguous comments regarding your stay, I would greatly appreciate it in order for us to deal with them.

John Westoby

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The main feature of this hotel is the direct access to the BTS station (Surasak), otherwise, the hotel is just ok. The connection brings you straight to the 3rd floor, you do not need to go through the lobby area.

The room service was not good, they were slow. There's one night that we ordered 2 glasses of ice, but it was not sent to the room at all.

The hotel lift were also quite slow. In the morning, only 1 or 2 out of 4 lifts are working. Perhaps, they are making some cost cutting - electricity. There are times that we have to pass the lift as they were full of people. If all lifts are working, i guess that won't happened as there's not that many people anyway.

Apart from the above, all are ok. The room was cozy, the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was plenty. The swimming pool has great view.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rizal H
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Zalss,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can hope to maintain or improve on our high standards of service and facilities.

I was extremely pleased to read about the aspects of your stay that met with your approval as our aim is to fully satisfy our guests throughout the duration of their trip and I can only offer my sincere apologies for the incidents that were not up to your expectations.

Your comments about the room service have been well noted and I have instigated measures to ensure that the food is delivered in a timely manner and guest requests are not forgotten.

Unfortunately during your stay the lifts were undergoing essential maintenance but to minimize disruption only one lift was out of action at any one time. I deeply regret that you were inconvenienced in any way. I can give you my full assurance that it was not a “cost-cutting” exercise as you suggested. At Eastin Grand Sathorn there are no “cost-cutting” measures when it comes to our guests’ comfort and convenience.

I would like to end by saying it was a genuine pleasure to have been of service to you and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Bangkok.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby

Reviewed August 27, 2012

this is new hotel wit direct access to sky train (surasak station). rooms are new even thought there's few issues (master switch doesn't work in our room; breakfast not tasty as it could be in thailand). we stayed 5 nights at the end of july. for the pricce (70€ from Agoga) this is real bargain.
we are going to stay again 2 nights before going back home.

Room tip: ask for twin beds, room is bigger
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Quan75
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed our night at the Eastin Grand. The hotel is brand spanking new so feels really top quality, it has been really tastefully fitted out in my opinion. We chose an executive room which gets you on the top floor with access to the executive lounge which offers free drinks and snacks at certain times which were really good, would definately go for this option again. Infinity pool was cool. Link to the bts skytrain was really handy. Great value for a proper 5 star hotel.

2  Thank db_gbr
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a new property located adjacent to the BTS Surasak station in Bangkok and the hotel currently offers a complimentary BTS day-pass for each day of stay, under certain booking conditions. It takes about 10 mins to reach Siam / Chit Lom using the BTS.

Check-in was a bit delayed, as the room wasn't yet ready when I came in around 11 AM, and I had to hang around the swimming pool area till they readied the room. Wonder what the "guaranteed room ready on arrival" policy really is.

The pool is an infinity pool and is real nice and complimentary Wi-fi is available throughout the hotel.

The room was modern and spacious with full sized windows.

The breakfast spread was lavish and definitely worth a mention.

• Trip type: Traveled solo