“Good value OK hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam
Ranked #179 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The price was good and the room actually suprisingly spacious for HI express chain. The location was good close to the metro and right nearby to the Siam Paragon shopping centre. The breakfast was OK although a very small space for the amount of guests and you usually had to wait for a table. Only other complaint the reception seemed a little understaffed and there was always a long wait there. Over all though cant complain for the price.

Room Tip: We had a corner room I think they are bigger
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniale L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear ZambiameII,

Thank you for your recent stay and leaving us with your feedback.We are pleased you liked our great location and our smart design room. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry you were not fully satisfied with our service at front desk. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warmest Regards,

Dan

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My first trip to Bangkok, booked this hotel because of it's location to central part of the city and monorail. I stay in Holiday Inn Express hotels in North america frequently and again it felt like coming home. The staff at the front counter did their work efficiently and with smiles. I arrived early in the morning, so I had to wait until 2:00 pm for the room to be ready for check in. My luggage was put in storage until that time.
The view from the fifteenth floor room was OK to see the sunrise in the morning.
I had booked the room on line, price was very good including buffet style breakfast.
Variety at breakfast was good and to my liking with good many items to choose from.
The room was comfortable for one person, large King size bed, comfortable mattress and pillows. Decor of the room was modernly pleasant and all lights worked. Bathroom had all the good stuff needed, shower was large and roomy. Computer connection was fast and efficient, to keep in touch with home.
I must say that this Holiday Inn Express Hotel met all my expectations on my first trip to Bangkok and if I return, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The elevators are fast and secured...Higher floors have good view of the city.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ETtravels071940
Sue_HIEX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear ETtravels071940,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. It was great to read how much you enjoyed your recent visit with us. Most importantly it is your kind words about the great location, free breakfast, free wifi and comfy bed which we really appreciate as this is the difference for us between being good and great.

Thanks again for taking the time to write, we are looking forward to welcoming you back, please do ensure you say hello when you return.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We booked this hotel for the location and price. Unfortunately rewards nights were completely booked well in advance so we had to pay cash but it was pretty cheap so no worries there. Travelers should beware that it is not necessarily convenient to get to the Siam area by taxi during the day due to traffic. It took us almost 2 hours from the airport, most of it stop and go over the last 2-3 miles. It probably would have been faster to take the train system. Check-in was a big of a mess since there were only two poor souls working the front desk (I self so bad for them dealing with one lady who had booked through a 3rd party website who didn't speak English [or Thai obviously] and they couldn't find her reservation). It took maybe 10 minutes to check in. We were upgraded to a corner room due to our Priority Club status. We were asked how many internet devices we were using and were given free tickets for 24 hours of internet use. We had to get new tickets every day for each device (simple, just had to remember to ask at the front desk).

The room was pretty small but had everything we'd need. Nice shower, bed was decent, pillows were a little too soft despite one being "firm". The view was nice, AC was arctic cold if left on. We didn't have a "do not disturb" for some reason, not a big deal but when we remembered to ask at the front desk for one, it never showed up. Oh well. A few other people commented that room service was a bit slow and I also found that to be true. We got back to the hotel at 4:30 one afternoon and they had not reached our room yet. Not a big deal but kind of surprising. It's a pretty big hotel and I suspect that they just are understaffed in many departments.

Breakfast was ok if a little sparse. Eggs, fried rice, chicken sausage, toast, some pastries/muffins, nice coffee machines, various juices and fruits. It was pretty packed though so I recommend going early. The elevators were pretty busy too especially during peak hours so you might have to wait a minute or two.

As is typical I find myself pointing out all of the complaints in a hotel but to be honest none of the above were a big deal to me. With the price we paid, I have no complaints with the service and the location is great for tourists. A minute or two from the train, close to MBK, tons of food options. The employees were obviously over-worked but they were very polite and helpful whenever we dealt with them.

Overall, I'd say this is a good budget option for those visiting Bangkok.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are supposedly a little bigger. If that's true, I wouldn't want to see a non-co...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear spf3million,

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Basic stuff, housekeeping service, complimentary water and that's about it. No in-room dining, bar and pool.

I must say that the guards outside are friendlier than the front office agents. They would always welcome us back to the hotel and flag a cab whenever we want to go out.

Room Tip: choose a corner room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear paolo p,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and endorsement of our our service. We are pleased that your stay has meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back to [hotel] and stay smart with us for your next visit.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed out all night and made sure to get drunk so the experience of this hotel can go away.
The staff uniforms looks cheap like the hotel.
They hold deposit money for 14 days
no one explains anything they just charge.
The food sucks at the restaurant only Asain food
hardly any choice.
If you are this cheap get an apartment in Bangkok
this place has no pool.
rooms were dirty and house keeping was always late.
imagine if you have a guest.
Internet was the worse.
go to a Holiday Inn
you need more in Bangkok
Sometimes you want to stay in your room and a hotel should have all for this.
washing machine 100 bht
also iron your cloth in front of everyone
right across breakfast area

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mial144

Dear mai I,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns via Tripadvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

I would like to thank you for providing your feedback on our service. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

warm regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Book HIEx Siam and had no regret

Value for money, good service provided from all the staff, nice simple breakfast, quick check-in/out, excellect location, free WIFI, modern contemporary and clean room, nice big shower area, mini safe to put all your valuable.

Will definitely recommend this hotel especially for 1st time traveller to BKK

Room Tip: There is a restaurant (Asia Bar+Kitchen) on the ground floor which open till 1am. Good for those who...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Vincent_Sgp,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the hotel. It is great to know how much you enjoyed your stay and all aspects from great value, free wifi and breakfast and good service from our staff.

We really do appreciate you taking the time to write and I hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Siam, Bangkok was really good. Service was fast and friendly, the price is reasonable, free and fast internet connection, good breakfast and excellent location. I really recommend this hotel especially to first time travellers to Bangkok.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear D A,

Thank you for your great review. I was delighted to read you had such a wonderful stay and the great location, free wifi and breakfast and our service would bring you back again.

Thanks again for taking the time to write, we really appreciate and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam again.

Warm regards,