“Another Good Holiday Inn Express Experience”

Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam
Ranked #175 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I ve stayed 4 nights at Holiday Inn Express in Phuket was nice.
I decided to stay same brand in BKK as well and I made a right decision.
It is of course busy hotel because of busy city.

Location is good just next to National Stadium BTS station.If u can use it very cheap to everywhere Nana,Siam and Riverside station.even you can use for airport transfer.Buy a rabbit card for 10 journey or buy one way ticket.

Hotel rooms are very clean,if you can have the room facing to stadium over 16th floor nice view.
Do not expect too much from breakfast its not 5star open buffet hotel but its enough for me to have bread,scrambled egg etc.(start your day early and go to breakfast to find good spot,staff will be smiling and happy ;) end of break time they are being tired:(

There enough staff for reception at all times for busy period cause always people check in-check out.
There is a small pub facing to street 'Asia Pub' nice place to sit and drink cold beer.Security staff smiling and helpful in front of hotel.

All over very Good...Enjoy n Stay Smart...

1  Thank coskun
Sue_HIEX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear coskun,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and endorsement of our great locationand enjoy our free breakfast . We are pleased that your stay has exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam and stay smart with us for your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Upon arrival I placed in cash deposit in SGD with the receptions . Upon Checked out my cash deposit was lost and it took me more than an 1 hour to waited for the staff to go out side the hotel for buying SGD currency.. I am disappointed and upset because until today (more than 3 weeks already) I have wrote 2 letters to their Management through the Holiday Inn Asia PAc Guest Relations but I did not have any direct reply from the hotel itself. I wonder where is Holiday Inn promised for their customer satisfaction ? what vision of the company /

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank XavierAzhar

Dear XavierAzhar,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns via Tripadvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.
I would like to thank you for providing your feedback on our service at front desk. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

A really fantastic hotel !

Location is top-notch located just a few steps away from the National Stadium BTS station and just opposite the MBK shopping mall.

Service is good but not perfect. Hotel was rather busy and with only 3 staff stationed at the reception, checking in and out would take some time but the staff always remain polite and renders good customer service to all the guest.

Room was fault-less, what I really love about this hotel is the air-conditioning system. It was really powerful and was able to cool down the room very quickly. This is something that is very important in Bangkok where the weather is so warm & humid.

The beds were very comfortable with 4 pillows (2 firm & 2 soft) , all the usual hotel amenities like kettle, safe deposit box and etc were present.

TV had a huge variety of channels to choose from.

Complimentary internet access(wireless) was fast and had good signal in the room

Breakfast was acceptable and had a reasonable amount of food choices but it seems that they don't change the menu at all. The same food were served every single day. The cafe/restaurant environment was nice and cozy.

Breakfast is also available for takeaway if you have no time for that or would prefer to have it in the comfort of your own room.

If only they could make some changes to the breakfast selection then this hotel would be an excellent one ! Holiday Inn Express Bangkok would definitely be my 1st choice of accommodation the next time I come back to Bangkok again !

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the high floor !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hotel_Reviewer_Jem
Sue_HIEX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Hotel_Reviewer_J,

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel. It was brilliant to read that so many elements of your stay met your needs from check in, smart design room, complimentary breakfast and fantastic location of the hotel.
We work hard to ensure our guests have the best experience so to hear this in a review like yours is a great boost for our team of which I will share all your wonderful comments.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam again.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

great location, one minute walk to bts national stadium and walking distance to siam!!

room is small but enough, clean and the showeris good. i think there is a business hotel but there is no service provided by the hotel staff, we take the trolley for putting our stuff to our room by themselves, nobody help us.

the breakfast is so so, and restsurant is small. but you can take bread and drink away from the restaurant, restaurant is prepare the paper cups, so great!! u can bring a cup of coffee to yr room to enjoy…

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear NY L,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and endorsement of our Great Location. It was great to read how much you enjoyed your recent visit with us.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

First of all, the front desk was pretty slow, caused by a slow checkout process. To be fair, when I was waiting to check in, I ran into a group that seemed to have just finished a workshop that is checking out like 10 rooms at the same time. There are some hotels that checks you out in 10 seconds, but here I waited for 10 minutes before it was my turn to talk to the front desk.

And the lobby's door was always open because it's such a busy hotel, with people entering and exiting all the time. This means that the air-conditioning was as good as not there. They gotta turn that up or add one of those machines that prevents cold air from leaking out.

Now, I wasn't exactly happy when I got to my room, but my mood was completely turned around when I entered my corner room. Blue was my favourite colour and there it was, a room decorated in navy blue. The bed was fluffly, and there were two pillows labeled "firm" and two labeld "soft". One entire wall of the room was made of glass, from ceiling to the floor, and I could literally watch a game clearly that takes place in the National Stadium (too bad nothing happened there during my stay).

The bathroom was white and clean. What stands out is the large shower area that can fit half a dozen people (although I'm sure that will never happen). I love how spatious it is, compared to most other hotels, but too bad the tiles on the floor are extremely slippery, so you better lay down the mat that they provide under the sink.

My room was very quiet, and the air-conditioning was excellent. This spatious room is easily the best one in my four-city trip.

Buffet breakfast was provided. It was nothing special, as you see the usual things from an average continental breakfast. With all the people squeezing in around 10am, there were just enough space for everybody to sit, so it was nice. However, 1 mark is deducted from cleanliness for a couple of fruit flies (then again, it's Bangkok, so I may be too harsh).

The location is absolutely great if you like to go shopping, but it seems to me that it is not that close to sightseeing attractions.

Room Tip: I think rooms number xx08 on each floor is the corner room that is closest to the National Stadium a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Sue_HIEX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

dear NiccoloM,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam. We are thrilled that you and your family had a great stay with us.

It is unfortunate that you did experience a couple of minor issues during your stay, and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of services at our front desk during your checked in.
Please feel free to keep me as a point of contact when you are planning your next visit to Bangkok as I would be more than happy to help you with your arrangements.

Thank you again for your very kind and positive comments – I will of course share this feedback with my team.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this hotel. It's location is perfect because it's walking distance to the sky train station, shopping centres and places to see in Bangkok. The room was perfect for us. Comfortable bed, aircon, lovely view, great shower. The breakfast was good but not really to our liking. But you can also have breakfast on the go. We arrived very early morning so we were not allowed to check in-travel agents should think about this when they booking holidays. So we had to pay for a half day so that we could check in earlier. They also give you free wifi that lasts the whole day and they renew for every day that you stay there.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard room which was very good. So it can only get better than that!

Dear TamaraSathinarain,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the hotel. It is great to ready how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
We really do appreciate you taking the time to write and I hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel from 14 march till 21march 2013 , it's clean lovely hotel near shopping area and Jim Thompson House.Breakfast was perfect , loved the idea of take away coffee .Staff was helpful and professional in dealing with us no problems at all.
Rooms are fair size with high ceilings , lovely bathroom with shower and shampoo + shower gel dispenser .
Loved the modern contemporary look of this hotel.

Room Tip: Request rooms on higher floors with the stadium view

Dear MrsHabshi,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. It was great to read how much you enjoyed your recent visit with us. Most importantly it is your kind words about the Hotel location, our grab & go concept and our great services which we really appreciate as this is the difference for us between being good and great.

Thanks again for taking the time to write, we are looking forward to welcoming you back, please do ensure you say hello when you return.