“Good value and great location”

Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam
Ranked #183 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed 1 night. Hotel is close to SkyTrain (National Stadium) station and 1 block from Jim Thompson House. It is walking distance to the various shopping centers (Siam Discovery, Siam Center, Siam Paragon, MBK, and Siam Square), and Bangkok Art and Culture Center. Siam Paragon is upper end mall and has a nice IMAX movie theater. The hotel is very nice, but basic (typical of HIE). Comfortable bed, nice shower, free wifi. Has a small gym on the top floor; no swimming pool. Breakfast was very good for budget hotel with some variety of food. Service was helpful. Took the taxi to Donmuang airport in morning; cost 400 bht; a lot of traffic near the city (may be faster and cheaper to take Skytrain to last station, Mo Chit, and then get a taxi to Donmuang airport). Excellent 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor has nice view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Sue_HIEX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Sactokw,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and endorsement of our Great Location, Free Breakfast and Comfortable Bed. We are pleased that your stay has exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam and stay smart with us for your next visit.

Sue

Write a ReviewReviews (1,758)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express at Siam, Bangkok is only a new hotel so very clean and well laid out. The hotel caters for busy people who are on business or rushing around the tourist attractions and not spending a long time in the hotel.

The location is great only a few minutes walk to the MBK Centre and only a few minutes more to the other major shopping sites.

The street markets are great as are the restaurants.

The hotel mixed up our bedding so specific instructions need to be given to ensure you get what you ask for before hand. There is also no pool at the hotel.

Breakfast is simple but enjoyable. The breakfast area on the 7th floor gets busy so best time is early in the morning.

The restaurant downstairs 'Asia' was great. great food and service and well worth trying.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the stadium. Provide specific instructions on bedding in comments area...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bmoces06,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam. We are thrilled that you had a great stay with us. It is unfortunate that you did experience a couple of minor issues during your stay, and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the service during your checked in. However I am happy that our team were responsive and able to make alternative arrangements quickly.

Please feel free to keep me as a point of contact when you are planning your next visit to Holiday Inn Express as I would be more than happy to help you with your arrangements.

Thank you again for your very kind and positive comments – I will of course share this feedback with my team.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been staying here a couple of occasions for business. Its definately good value for the money you pay. New rooms with a confortable bed, good location near big malls like MBK & Siam Paragon, just beside the MRT station , acceptable breakfast & FOC WIFI.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear azrin74,

Thank you for your great review. I was delighted to read you had such a wonderful stay and the location for shopping, Comfortable bed and most importantly our Free Breakfast and Free Wifi ould bring you back again.

Thanks again for taking the time to write, we really appreciate and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was a good experience staying in Holiday Inn Express Siam, will recommend to friends. However, the minus point is a metered taxi was not guaranteed. The security guard told the taxi driver that I only want it to run on meter but when the taxi driver got into the taxi; he started to quote me $400 bht to the airport. I think hotel should ensure that taxi driver runs on meter if hotel guests insisted on that. The hotel should bar taxi driver who does not run on meter to come in to hotel to pick up guests. I hope the hotel could tighten this measure. By the way, the taxi I took his taxi number is 5186.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Michelle090373,

Thank you for your recent stay and leaving us with your feedback.We are pleased you liked our Smart Hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry you were not fully satisfied with the way we handle taxi driver. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My first stay at a Holiday Inn Express branded hotel and I was not disappointed. I had been told about the select service and knowing what I needed for my short stay I was hoping and it would deliver. It did, and then some! Comfy bed, good shower, great breakfast and most importantly no more than a few minutes walk to the BTS. Oh, and free Wifi!! For me as a business traveler, only 2 nights in Bangkok and for my needs this was perfect.

Room Tip: As for a room away from BTS side of the hotel... not really too noisy but if you are a light sleeper...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Solly76,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and endorsement of our Great Location, Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Comfy Bed and Good Shower. We are pleased that your stay has exceeded your expectations.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am staying and writing this review in the. Holiday inn and I am very disappointed in it. On our arrival they asked for money deposite when I had already paid 100 percent for the stay which makes no sense at all when I inquired for why they asking for deposite when I had paid full amount for the stay I was very rudely told its hotel policy and if I have to stay I need to deposite money..( this should have been stated very clearly when booking this hotel ). Anyways I deposited the money, but later yo find out they have taken everything out of the fridge. When I asked for a can of coke cola they simply refused that they have no room service . This is my honeymoon trip and holiday inn has destroyed it. Just counting the days when I leave this hotel and never coming back to any chain of holiday inn ever. I'd rather spend money where I am welcomed and a place which gives good service. Very very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear zoobzz,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry that you had a far from favorable experience with us on your recent stay. Your comments with regards to service at our hote are well noted and I will share your review with our team and personally follow up on the issues you have highlighted.

Thank you once again for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

stayed 3 nights. Good Breakfast with nice view over stadium. The location was great that was next to Markets, shopping malls like MBK and Siam center, Metro station and easy to find transportation. We found a mosque for our Muslims Friday prayers. The reception stuff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sue_HIEX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Rana_Hassaan,

Thank you for your great review. I was delighted to read you had such a wonderful stay and the location for shopping, free breakfast and most importantly the great service of our Reception would bring you back again.

Stay Smart With Us!