“I doubt I will go back to this hotel”

Rafael Mansion Bangkok Airport
Ranked #186 of 733 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed one night before our flight. I know I shouldn't complain with such a cheap rate... But problem is there were so many mosquitoes in the room that even mosquito spray wasn't enough! The breakfast was an extra 100B each and we ended up eating outdoor under the sun (my advice is to skip it). There are a local market and a convenience store about 5 min walk from the hotel and if you continue and cross the highway, there is the only restaurant available in the area.

The good point is that when you check in, they will ask if they need to arrange a taxi to the airport for 100B (~10min). As far as I saw, they also provide taxi service to other areas. Also, the room was clean and the receptionist was friendly.

Room Tip: Bring mosquito spray
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The minimum, at any point of view.
The personnel is friendly : this is a good point.

No restaurant there (they propose pizzas to mac donalds delivered in the room

The breakfast is ugly......could not eat eggs, the worst we had anywhere...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pascal R
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have stayed twice at Rafael, both times happy with room size, comfort, cleanliness and the little extra touches that the friendly manager provides for guest satisfaction. A free welcome package of snacks and noodle cups in our room meant we didn't have to walk out for supper after a long flight. Tea and coffee available 24 hours. Simple, cheap breakfast available on order. WiFi varies with room location. Lighting in room needs serious upgrade. Small tropical garden patio with fountain was relaxing. You must arrange transport to hotel at airport taxi stand, but hotel will arrange very reasonably priced taxi return to airport. Hotel is not for anyone wanting to spend time in downtown Bangkok, but location very good for airport stopover.

Room Tip: Our room in secondary building seemed quieter than room in main building which is closer to the stre...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Like most others who have reviewed, I was here for an overnight transit - literally spent about six hours at Rafael Mansion. I'm glad I'd read it was in an industrial area or I'd have thought my taxi driver was nuts! Receptionist at night was pleasant and spoke decent English. The room was clean and functional. The bed was VERY hard. Wifi was okay - a bit slow, but enough to let the family know I'd arrived in Bangkok. They had noodles and coffee in my room but no kettle which would've been helpful! The handful of toiletries was nice so I didn't have to pull everything out of my suitcase. I didn't have any issues with noise, was fairly quiet. I wasn't expecting much so it was fine. If your transit is short, it's what you need - a shower, a bed, some wifi - and nothing more, and I recommend it. If your transit is a little longer or if you're accustomed to a bit more comfort in your accommodation, then might be worth a few extra dollars to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are quite spacious, especially for Thailand. The owner is very friendly. He speaks good English and it appears he runs the hotel with his wife. You can tell he genuinely cares each of his guests have a good stay. While the hotel doesn't have a direct shuttle to the airport they happily will arrange one for you and it costs about 50 BHT ($1.5)

The rooms are clean and have all the amenities you'd expect. My room was a bit far down the hall so wi-fi was sometimes cut out. It was perfect for an overnight stay and if I was transiting or overnighting at BKK again I would stay here.

Other than for a quick one or two night stay where you need to be by the airport, I would look elsewhere. There is no restaurant, not even nearby. The hotel offers morning breakfast for 100 THB. I didn't partake but it looked appetizing enough. The hotel is located around an industrial area so you are virtually nearby nothing. You can order Mcdonalds or KFC which deliver 24/7. Not my first choice, but for a quick overnight meal it gets the job done.

Overall I would stay here again transiting at BKK and would recommend to others as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the wi-fi signal.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank 148abel
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The hotel is clean and not too expansive. The hotel can organize transfert to the 2 BKK airports (I paid 10 THB to go to Suvarnabhumi Airport). The rooms are clean and quiet. This is an excellent deal for a transit in Bangkok !

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel is a basic hotel with no special appeal. It has seen better days. A substantial refurbishment, better maintenance, and improved services are needed. It is just okay for a night considering the low, discounted rates. The rack rate would not be justified for this 2 - 3 star hotel.
A few examples: the reception has most times only a small dog sitting on the reception counter (!) and barking, which triggers the manager to appear from somewhere. The WiFi connection is a bit bumpy to remain running and limited to one device only. The TV set has 2 -3 English channels w/o any news channel. The bathroom light over the mirror has no bulb in it, saving mode, I guess. The street in front of the Rafael Mansion is an ugly, long access road to industrial and commercial facilities.
"The most luxurious mansion", their tag line on the business card, is by far exerggerated.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Caribtravelnut2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort
#4 of 12 in Bang Phli
Lilac Relax-Residence
Lilac Relax-Residence
#23 of 733 in Bangkok

Been to Rafael Mansion Bangkok Airport? Share your experiences!