“If you like being in the boonies...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Bussaba Bangkok

Bussaba Bangkok
Ranked #177 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Australia
“If you like being in the boonies...”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

...this is a gem of a place, as outlined below, but a good 25 mins from the airport and in the middle of nowhere. It is way past the rail link to the city.
What you save on the tariff you make up on taxi trips, as the closest Tesco/7/11 are at least 1km away, and there no eating options near the hotel. They directed us to a woeful mall a further 10 minutes down the road, which had only greasy fast food options. We ended up eating on a footpath restaurant near a university.
To call it an airport hotel is quite an exaggeration, and comes from the improbably-named housing estate location, 'My Airport' . There isn't even any airport noise here, that's how far away it is!
Having said that, the rooms are gorgeous and the service is fine - it's just so isolated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PinkyAustralia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Virginia
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I wish Bussaba was easier to find in Trip Advisor as an airport hotel at BKK because I wouldn't have stressed so much about where to stay during a scheduled 10 hour overnight layover between flights. I couldn't bring myself to book a room at the Novotel given the short stay compared to the very high cost. Searching for alternatives, I couldn't find anything that I felt fit my criteria based on Trip Advisor reviews and I poked around when I found the time for weeks. Just as I was about to book Best Western, Priceline offered suggested alternatives and when Bussaba came up, I couldn't believe it took so long to find it.

It is a beautiful boutique hotel about 10 minutes from BKK and they offer free, convenient shuttle service. After booking on Agoda, just email your flight details and they will respond with instructions to meet their driver plus they will monitor your flight to arrival time.

This came especially handy when my scheduled arrival time was to be 9:20pm but turned in to 2:40am. After nearly an hour getting through the airport, customs, immigration, and baggage claim, I found my driver holding a sign with my name exactly where prescribed, now 3:30am. He offered me cold water and called the inn keeper to meet us upon arrival to the hotel to check me in. I only got to stay in my beautiful room a couple of hours before heading back out, but the shower and hospitality were very appreciated, particularly after such a long travel day originating in Washington, DC. And when I did finally head out at 6am, a second friendly inn keeper had also arrived and handed me a bag with a sandwich and water. How thoughtful.

If you're not going to stay at the Novotel for BKK transit, look NO further than Bussaba. It's close, clean, affordable, and welcoming in every possible away.

Room Tip: Go to the website and you can pick your own room. Select the style that fits you.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank lowdiver
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed here overnight because we got in late, and were leaving Bangkok for Ayutthaya the next morning. Not a good location if you're staying in Bangkok, but great if you're passing through. It's about 15 minutes from the airport in a quiet residential neighborhood - far enough away from the airport that you don't hear the jets, close enough that you don't fall asleep in the taxi. The guesthouse is run by two sisters, one of whom speaks passable English. We were greeted with iced tea, and there was bottled water and some chips and munchies in the room. Home-grown bananas were also available in the lobby.

The guesthouse is beautiful and spotlessly clean. It has an elevator so you don't have to climb stairs. Lovely lobby with a koi pond through some windows. We were on the top floor in the back, and had a balcony that looked out over a little creek area. The room was large. We woke to birdsong - very pleasant. The bathroom was large and well appointed, with a separate shower area.

We booked through Agoda, and our room rate was supposed to include transportation from the airport. What we found out on arrival at the airport, however, is that they needed at least 3 hours notice of our arrival. Agoda didn't inform us of this, and so we had to arrange our own transport from the airport. Not a great start, but I blame Agoda.

Breakfast was not included in the rate, but was reasonably priced, and huge. My husband is a vegetarian, and they improvised to accommodate him. They got us a driver for the next day to take us to Ayutthaya and Bang-Pa-In, and he was reasonably priced, and a nice guy, even though he spoke no English.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rxnrx
Portland Dorset
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights waiting for my husband to arrive in Bangkok. I originally booked for 3 nights. Unfortunately I found that there is nothing to do nearby and eating out was a problem. But this is no fault of the hotel. It is brilliant for airport over night stay 15 mins for airport. The was no problem giving me a refund for the 3 rd night. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The only thing I might suggest is a information booklet giving a few restaurant suggestions. The girls did recommend a place to eat but it happened to be closed that night. They tried their best and did not know anywhere else. But I would definitely recommend this boutique hotel so personnel and friendly. Nothing is to much trouble.

Room Tip: Every room would be good.The room were spotless.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank HelenDorset507
Tel Aviv
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm still here but I have to write this review. I've been to many 5 star hotels, which of course this doesn't claim to be, but it is so much better. When I read the reviews I thought they were probably fake since there are so few of them, but I think the hotel is just new.

We booked 3 rooms, all are great! Beautifully decorated and a good size, very clean! There is a nice fishpond outside which the kids loved. Our family room had a really nice deck.

The most amazing thing here is the service, wow, this is 5* service with a smile, it seems like they enjoy serving you. It is a small hotel, they know everyone and they care about you. We came in late at night and asked them to do many things for us, nothing was trouble for them. In the morning I asked where I can get daipers for my baby, they just asked for the size and brand and said they'll send someone to get it. I've never experienced that!

It is out of the way, great for an airport stopover, not for exploring bangkok, which is 30 minutes away. There is not much in this area. There is not much choice in the hotel's resturant.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank SharonHELLO
Perth
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a night stopover on our way from Perth. My priority was a place closer to the airport, flexibility of late checkout (4pm) and a room where both of my kids 11 & 13 years old could sleep with us in the same room. All of these demands were met here. For my personal reason I had to spend extra time (about an hour) at the airport, the girl responsible for free transfer was still waiting for us. Huge room, partitioned sitting area, a balcony, were all neat and clean. There is not much to add to ambient or the shopping area but these were not my priorities. Desk person called taxi on our request. We ordered a simple breakfast which was of around 100BHT for 3 people. It took us about an hour to reach city center. Staff was very friendly and were like family members. I would always comeback when required. Khan. Australia

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Khan I
Langebaan, South Africa
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was very very impressed with the hotel. They arranged a free airport transfer for me. My flight was delayed by more than 30mins and they patiently waited for me. Hotel room was clean, comfortable and spacious. They gave me a lot of extra attention to make sure I was ok seeing as I was travelling alone. Price was very reasonable. The girls are very sweet, hospitable and friendly! Only thing i didnt like was that it was far from any attractions (+-30min drive)
Would recommend it to anybody looking for a comfortable and relaxing stay. 5 stars!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo