“Unique experience when being in Bangkok!”

Sompong Thai Cooking School
Ranked #2 of 83 Food & Drink in Bangkok
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We joined the morning class. Someone picked us up at the BTS station on time. After, they dropped us off at the cooking school. Before start cooking we headed off to a nearby market where we learned about the ingredients of the thai kitchen.

Irin explained everything in detail. After, everyone had to cook himself/herself. Food was excellent and also the assistance of the staff.

We highly recommend this place to everyone who wants to see Bangkok from a different point of view!

1  Thank Steven K
in 23 reviews
"cooking book"
"red apron"
in 8 reviews
"chong nonsi bts station"
"experienced cook"
"great class"
in 11 reviews
"learn how"
in 21 reviews
"cooking class in bangkok"
in 9 reviews
"step by step"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I definitely recommend Sompong cooking school, it was a great experience, I could learn how to cook 3 dishes and a dessert.
I would just regret the fact that there were so many students (about 15 or so).
Despite the numerous team (6 to 8 people !), I wish I had had more time to chat with the teachers.

1  Thank peatraveladvice
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a fun way to learn how to cook. The class was very informative, all the staffs were eager and willing to assist us. Irin was very generous in sharing informations regarding ingredients, Instructions were easy to follow , best of all , we cooked our own food! The food taste great!

Don't miss the chance to join Sompong Thai cooking school, It will add spice to your vacation!

1  Thank Kay S
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was so much fun! We were met at the Chong Nonsi BTS station just after 9am and ferried to the school location where we enjoyed tea and we were introduced to our instructor Irin. After going over the itinerary we were split into two groups for the short walk to the market where we learned about the ingredients we would be using from Irin and Nancy (I appreciated the information about coconut milk vs cream - I've been buying both for recipes and now I know I don't have to!!). Another short walk back after an opportunity to shop and the instruction began, with sticky rice first up. Then we learned to make red curry paste and a thai omelette salad which we immediately enjoyed as an appetizer after being instructed on how to create a tomato rose garnish. After appetizer, back to cooking to complete our menu of red curry with pineapple & prawns and stir-fried chicken with holy basil. The food was absolutely delicious and although the website advises you to have breakfast beforehand so you don't get too hungry, I was absolutely stuffed when I finished eating dessert. I regretted the full breakfast and would advise going light on food before you start the class; if you can't finish your portions, they'll gladly pack it for you to take with you later. Finally, at 1000B, it is a bargain. True, you will be cooking outside instead of an industrial kitchen full of stainless-steel appliances, and you may not complete the entire menu yourself, but if you crave that, the Cordon Bleu is waiting for you and your money. I had a great experience with a friendly group of travelers from all over the world and a heck of a lot of fun.

1  Thank Krw1961