“A good source of entertainment for our trip.”

Playhouse Magical Cabaret
Playhouse Magical Cabaret
Ranked #7 of 40 Concerts & Shows in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Live cabaret, illusionist and lady boy shows in Bangkok Featuring beautiful Thai dancers and stunning, stage designs that create scenes from around the world. It is a non-stop roller coaster of entertainment that ranges through classical ballet, tap, hip-hop, contemporary styles, live singing and famous pieces from international musicals. "Spectacular voice,Illusionist and lady boy show at the Playhouse Magical" Inside the theater you will be surrounded by fine artwork and have access to panoramic stage views. Staff will ensure you are comfortable with service, dining and a free drink of your choice. Treat yourself to a night out at one of the best attractions in Bangkok Staff will ensure you are comfortable with service, a free soft drink. The first show is at 19:00 and the second at 20:20. Located in Suan Lum Night Bazaar Ratchadapisek, The Playhouse is easy to travel to by car, motorcycle, bus or taxi and MRT (Take the MRT (underground train) to Ratchadapisek Station take exit number 2 and turn left on Ratchadapisek road. Walk 100 meters and Saun Lum Night Bazaar will be on the left. Or take the MRT to Ladphao Station and take exit number 1 and then turn right) The Suan Lum Night Bazaar entrance will be on the right. Treat yourself to a night out at one of the best attractions in Bangkok. Book your tickets now, availability is limited.
Traverse City, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A good source of entertainment for our trip.”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife starting taking me to theater/plays in Las Vegas a few years ago and I fell in love with the entertainment. So now we travel and go to shows all over to expand our experience. So that being said, we decided to go to Bangkok and stay at the Asia Hotel for a new adventure. We did a lot of research before the trip and planned everything pretty well, but the Play House Theater actually wasn't on our "to do list". We noticed it upon staying at the hotel and decided to give it a try.

The wait for the show to start wasn't bad at all. They recommend you come 30 minutes early which is enough time to get settled. The theater was very classy, clean, and visually appealing. Of course we had to have a cocktail before the show and they were tasty for the price. Once the show began, I was actually impressed with the dancers and performers. The costumes were very lively and shiny which is always fun to watch. My favorite dance parts were the Michael Jackson renditions. Looks like they practiced to get his moves spot on. Overall the dancing was good and fun to watch but not the best I have seen.

My only complaint and why I didn't rate this as excellent was the singing. I felt it was a little too lip synced and was hard to follow. Other than that I would rate my experience great.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank chives

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Angers, France
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Didn't expect such a show in our Bangkok plan.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were not plan to go there in fact, but after my wife checked on internet and found a cabaret show at Asia hotel. When we arrived, they said the one we saw on internet moved out and they are new theatre. My wife was lazy to go anywhere else, so we watched it there.
Believe it or not, we loved it!! The show was very entertaining with non-stop energy. Can't tell which one is boys or girls tho, one of them gave me a kiss in a cheeck, don't know should I be happy or not.
All in all, very enjoyable night out of unexpecting evening!..... Try once if you are in Bangkok

Visited November 2012
1 Thank KaiserAnubis
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Playhouse Bangkok - what a blast - top night out!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The playhouse theatre located at the Asia hotel Bangkok is a world class cabaret stage show featuring a talented team of dancers in an array of dazzling costumes performing a range of show stopping songs. At only 1200baht for show and a drink this is really good value. And it is suitable for all ages. Don't miss this it is one of Bangkok's best nights out

3 Thank 255093James
thailand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great show in Chiang Mai now moved to Bangkok”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very entertaining, high quality show, not your average "ladyboy" cabaret but actually a very good show and well worht seeing.

Visited August 2012
Chiang Mai, Thailand
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“A wonderful Theater with great performances and additional LIVE JAZZ on Saturdays”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The Playhouse Entertainment Complex here in Chiang Mai is just that - A Live Entertainment Venue in the heart of Chiang Mai! This 'Green' theater (uses moisture generating fans and hand pulled changing sets & back-drops with minimal electricity!) with a 350 seats, offers two quality live entertainment performances every night Monday to Saturdays at 20:00 and 22:00. They are closed on Sundays as they too need a day of rest.

The complex is more than meets the eye. The Complex houses the Kinaree Park Garden Restaurant and the outside open-air Stage Bar. There is ample parking and one is greeted by the performers, in costumes, who escort guests to the Stage Bar as they wait for the show to begin.

The troupe is a mixture of extremely talented Thai nationals with a very professional presentation and appearance. They perform a variety of Cabaret and Broadway pieces including items featuring Thailand and China etc. A very well coordinated overall performance for those looking for that 'something special' and not just the Beer-Bar and Night Market Scene.

What impresses me even more is the Saturday performance includes a wonderful spread of authentic Thai fare before the first performance starting at 18:30 at their Kinaree Park Garden Restaurant where one can order a glass of quality of wine or other beverage to accompany the sumptuous dinner.

Now add to this pure LIVE JAZZ entertainment at the outside open-air bar named The Jazzamatazz Bar & Lounge now being offered every Saturday called The JAZZAMATAZZ Live Party - and a party it is too!

For only 100THB cover charge one gets a free drink and excellent live entertainment that is punctuated with surprises, give-a-ways for two, guest musicians and artists which all lend itself to making this evening a very unique experience for visitors, guests and residents of Chiang Mai.

I highly recommend including the Playhouse and JAZZAMATAZZ weekly Live Parties on your 'things-to-do-&-see' while in Chiang Mai.

S.M.