“After stairs and stairs - you reach the sky” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 145 Nightlife in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“After stairs and stairs - you reach the sky”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had been at Sky Bar at Lebua and I wanted to see the difference between the two. I would say that Moon Bar was probably (slightly) better in terms of the night view and the space for dining and drinks. We were there after dinner time and so we could take table seats even though it was just for drinks. It's a nice place to see Bangkok from different angles.
There are many stairs that you have to take in order to get there (elevators go to the final floor and you take stairs) - watch your steps.

Visited May 2013

38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Moonbar March 25”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Late hours visit of Moonbar at 61th floor of BKK BT recently. Quite full, but friendly and efficient staff aranged 5 seats cornering the bar and after one table was left they moved us to a nice table overlooking nightly BKK. I asked the bar at midnite to stop for a minute the music since we like to sing 'Happy Birthday' for one member of our small group. Anyhow it did not work but after approx 15 Min the one of the staff appeared with a birthdayday cake an candles at our table. We are very surprised and appreciated that great service, since we did not order that in particular. Anyhow I did not check and pay the bill. So not sure if it was a courtesy of the house which I presume. Thank You dear Staff at Moonbar for the nice experience as my 4 friends are newcomers to BKK.

Brisbane
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Go for a drink, you won't regret it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

When I first stepped out onto the Moon Bar the word that came out of my mouth was WOW! The view is just spectacular and really gives you a good perspective on just how big Bangkok is.

We arrived at around 5:30pm and managed to score the best seat in the house.

The service was excellent. Our tasty complimentary snacks were refilled numerous times as we sipped our cocktails and watched the sun disappear from the sky.

This was one of my favourite experiences in Bangkok and a definite 'must do'.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Better than the Sky Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was in my opinion better than the Sky Bar. The view is lovely in both places of course, but here I felt the decor and service were both better than the Sky Bar.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Erika M
Paris
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Avoid at all costs: boycott this place.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Moon bar used to be a great place full of fun and beautiful people with a distinct party atmosphere.

The place is quiet and boring now. When told that it is forbidden to smoke at the bar in the open air on the 50th floor, we decided to leave and have a drink elsewhere. The maître de confirmed that he got many complaints about this. While its understandable to ban smoking in closed dining area, banning smoking at an open air bar is just ridiculous and takes things too far.

We went to the Scirocco Sky Bar. People smoked and had a great time, the views are even better than at Moon Bar

Visited February 2013