“Comfortable hotel, I have good time, but dissapointed the security.”

Viva Garden Serviced Residence
Ranked #44 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Oslo, Norway
“Comfortable hotel, I have good time, but dissapointed the security.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am Thai. I stay here for 3night with my mom and my son.

Our room is one bedroom with 2 bathroom.(one without bath tube and shower) its really good when vi have visitor.
The room size was very good, it was big enought for my son could run around. The room is clean and breatable. And there have a big bulcony.

The kitchen is good enought to cooking basic food, follow with big frigde.

The Location was good, food market and minimart is close just by cross the street. Close to BTS skytrain station. Even the hotel not a really heart of bangkok like Siam area, but it doesnt matter cus I came to visit my sister who live around this area.

The hotel have gym, swiming pool, souna,litle relaxing garden, kid club, free wifi internet and connectiong is ok not so fast but not to slow eather. It fast enought for me too book a flight and hotel for next destination.

The hotel service was great for my experience. They are kind, friendly and helpful people who work there.

But I also have a bit bad experience, it not happend directly to me, but to my uncle and my sister. They came to visit me at the hotel. My uncle drive a car from his work, the pick up car was a bit look old. In the car has my uncles and my sister with her litle baby sit inside.
The security front of hotel act and talk rude to them. The security man used impolite word to ask and treat them with impolite and unwelcome ack.
I think this would not happend if my uncle drive his own car and it maybe would never happen if my uncle and my sister is europisk.
I understand very well that the security have to do their job to make hotel and all guests safe. But I think they could do it without all the rude act and the bad attitute. I really dissapoiting about this, cuz i have stay in many hotel in Bangkok and never had this experience before.

But about the other staff and other things in This hotel was really perfect.

But I need a time to think about I will come back to this hotel, couse maybe my uncle would not visit me if I stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BPM_BANGKOK, General Manager at Viva Garden Serviced Residence, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Madam,

First of all, we would like to thank you for selecting Viva Garden by Bliston as your choice of accommodation while visiting Bangkok. Thank you very much for your generous feedback on TripAdvisor website regarding your recent stayed at our residence.

We are delighted to know that you had a good time staying here and satisfied with our accommodation, in-room amenities, facilities, and location. We also learnt that you disappointed about the service from our security guard. The management has already investigated this issue and we got information that would like to clarify to you that; the security guard who was on duty in this event confirmed that he didn’t mean to act rude to your uncle but simply ask as normal practice, however the guard informed that he did repeated the question a few times as he could not hear the answer clearly. However, after you notified this issue at front desk, the security officer already complained that guard in front of you and he already apologized for this miscommunication.

We are truly regret if this issue make you feel uncomfortable to come back to stay at our residence. We would like to let you know that we treat every guests the same way, whether Thais or foreigners.

We hope you will understand the situation and give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Viva Garden by Bliston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Booked this hotel as desired more space for our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 young teens). The 2 bedroom suite was spacious, beds were comfortable and bathrooms were large. The general condition was clean but was a bit put off by little things such as dirt marks on light switches, small stains on dining chairs and old air conditioners (though they were split type). However, none of these things bothered us more than the extremely loud singing at 7.45am each morning blaring out of speakers from the school next door. The singing lasted about 20mins and is impossible to sleep through! Of course, this is not the hotel's fault, but unless you are an early riser, this is not the hotel for you (we did ask to switch rooms but was told that all 2 bedroom suites face the school so there was no escaping the noise).

Other than the hotel, there is very little to offer in the area. There are no decent foot massages, restaurants or food stalls nearby. Having said that, the BTR station was less than 2min away and the ride to Siam Central was only 20min; to Terminal 21 was less than 10min.

Hotel seems catered more for longer stay guests. For shorter stays, would recommend going elsewhere either near Siam or by the river.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank KWW336
BPM_BANGKOK, General Manager at Viva Garden Serviced Residence, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing Viva Garden by Bliston as your preferred accommodation while visiting Bangkok.

We are realized that you didn’t satisfy with your stay in our residence regarding the disturb noise and the cleanliness of the room. For the noise issue, even though this problem is out of our control but if you are a light-sleeper, please put your request when make a reservation then we will try our best to find the appropriate room for you. Regard the cleanliness of the room, we will notify to our housekeeping team for future improvement.

Thank you for your feedbacks.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Rather new property with very reasonable rates for what they offer. The studio was spacious, comfortable bed, good breakfast. Fitness room had life fitness equipment, semi-large pool and a sauna to cool down once the streets of Bangkok get too hot. We had a business meeting week and the meeting room was one of the best we had in years, very spacious, modern equipment, good meeting packages (coffee breaks / lunch, which was limited but very tasty) and nice attentive staff. Internet (WiFi) extremely fast for a hotel. The hotel is ~10KM away from the city center and there is not much around but the next Skytrain station is a 3mins walk away and even during late evening hours the trains operate each 5 mins. 20 minutes to the center, just one station (2 mins) to the next Hypermart and opposite is a typical Thai style market with dozens of food stalls and ice cold beers for 2$ a bottle. We enjoyed our stay, would book again anytime when Bangkok is calling.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the school if you are a "late" sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir / Madam,

We would like to thank you for selecting Viva Garden by Bliston as your choice of accommodation while visiting Bangkok. Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor also.

We are glad you satisfied with our residence, facilities, and location. We always strive to make your stay a memorable experience.

Please consider to return stay at Viva Garden in your next visits.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Best hotel for my stay .Apartment style accomodation,big ,clean rooms ,excellent staff ,close to bts.
Has a small gym and restuarant .Has no bars, fancy restuarants As I said more of an apartment than hotel ,it's no Novotel but for me the best place to stay in bangkok.
Across the road from hotel as much thai street food that you could eat.

Room Tip: When catching BTS buy a day pass ,you can travel all day until midnight on the BTS system for 130bah...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phil M
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind comment about Viva Garden by Bliston. We are glad to know that you considered Viva Garden as the best hotel through your stayed in Bangkok.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our residence again in the near future.

Suffolk England
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a good quality hotel, with excellent staff, conveniently located a few minutes' walk from the BTS station.
My room was large and clean with powerful shower, comfortable bed, fridge and cooking facilities. WiFi is free and easy to use.
Breakfast, included in my room rate, was less extensive than in some hotels but the quality was high and the food tasty. Every morning, in addition to eggs, bacon etc., there was a local dish, often a curry. These were delicate, fragrant and utterly delicious.
Nearby is a "night market", catering for local people, selling all manner of goods. I sampled, somewhat bravely, the cooked food. It was tasty, inexpensive, and I came to no harm.
The BTS takes you to Siam or National Stadium in 15 minutes or so. The trains are modern and clean but often crowded. Fares are low. Once at Siam public transport to the historic area is more difficult. Tuk-Tuks can be expensive and dangerous. Taxis are cheap if the meter is used and buses very cheap, but I found it impossible to understand the routes. Both are slow in heavy traffic. Walking to the centre is difficult because of hot weather, few easy places to cross busy roads, missing sidewalks etc. I noted many coaches near the extraordinary Grand Palace and this might be a worthwhile option.
Crossing the river to Wat Arun by ferry is fun and so are the numerous and inexpensive river boats. The steps at Wat Arun are steep and people should note the potential dangers associated with them.
I choose to travel to and from the airport by public transport as being the cheapest, safest and probably quickest form of transport. Bank Chat station has elevators and escalators but not all stations have full level access. I transferred at Phaya Thai, which has a few steps, onto the airport link.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
BPM_BANGKOK, General Manager at Viva Garden Serviced Residence, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Viva Garden by Bliston would like to thank you for your generous feedback regarding your recent stayed in our residence. Your travel tips will also be useful for the fellow travelers.
We are glad that you satisfied with our accommodation, facilities, food & beverage quality and service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I back to Thailand wif my family every year for the Chinese New Year,I had try different holtel before, and this was my first time stay in Viva...It was I quite gd experience..Truely a gd experiencer, nice service , staff and place, It is clean and so peaceful, I totally recommend for you,whatever you're couples, family, or frds..MRT was near to the hotel, felt so convenient, just walk about 3mins only

Room Tip: check clearly the room is able to smoke or not
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for choosing Viva Garden by Bliston for your family while visiting Bangkok. We appreciate for your kind comments on TripAdvisor website.

We are glad to know that you had a good experience and satisfied with our accommodation, service standard and location.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The one bedroom apartment was spacious. It was a quick ride into town with the BTS just outside the hotel. the service was also excellent. not many eating options nearby but given its proximity to town this was not really an issue. plus its definitely more peaceful being away from the crowds in town.

Room Tip: The one bedroom apartment is very spacious and would be comfortable for a traveller.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank poonaam
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing Viva Garden by Bliston as your choice of accommodation that thank you for your generous feedback.

Regarding the eating options, there are some restaurants, convenient stores and fresh market nearby Viva Garden also the Baibua Restaurant at the hotel and Food by Phone service.
Viva Garden by Bliston located just a few minutes walk from BTS Skytrain Bang-Chak station, it is convenient and peaceful away from the busy tourist districts.

All in all, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again.