“Peking Duck”

Cuisines: Chinese, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Lin Fa is the chinese restaurant at the Sukosol hotel. It is situated on the ground floor. The decoration of the restaurant seems to be very expensive and you will like the look. To give one a good impression of this surrounding the restaurant the light is very well .

We ordered the wonton soup and Szechuan soup and shrimp dumplings with salmon roe and as highlight the Peking duck. My wife drank Oolong tea which is refilled in small cups after it was given from a large porzellan jar to a smaller one made of glass. It tasted better than in other restaurants.
The wonton soup got three shrimp wonton and didn't taste sweet. The Szechuan soup which often tastes like it is cooked of leftovers, looked good and tasted spicy but not too spicy so it got a very good taste.

The Peking duck was served with the skin sliced very fine and crispy and the plum sauce got a fine taste. The meat was prepared with vegetable and mushrooms in a fine sauce so it was not necessary to order rice.

The staff was friendly and always there when needed.

The restaurant is not cheap but it offers value for the money which includes the quality of the food, the surroundings, atmosphere and staff.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Very high class restaurant but serving time was slow. Food was served in small portion so for those who really can eat, it will cost a bomb here if you want to order a lot. I would prefer to eat at other restaurant which gives more portion. Still, it was a good experience to dine there.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Sukosol hotel and ate at Lin-Fa on the first evening. The atmosphere, food, presentation and service was 1st class. I would highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stylish decor but overall disappointment.

Food was not prepared well, lacked flavour and lacked authenticity.

Peking duck was poorly presented, and the duck, disappointing. Fish disk lacked flavour.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had chanced upon this restaurant as we were staying in the hotel. We decided to give it a try after seeing some reviews on the internet.

Our party of five was ushered to our table by the smiling hostess. After placing our orders, we settled down and looked around the restaurant. The decor was beautiful and the ambience was great.

Unfortunately, the food was served really slowly. We ordered four dishes - a suckling pig, a peking duck, stir-fried mushrooms and tofu. The mushrooms came first, after about ten minutes. As we were quite hungry, we asked for rice to be served as well. We were done with the mushrooms but none of the others dishes was served. It took another ten minutes for the tofu to be served, fifteen minutes for the peking duck and a good 30 minutes for the suckling pig to be served. This is after the ten minute wait for the first dish. By the time the suckling pig was served, we were kind of full from the waiting so it made the dish less enjoyable.

Taste-wise, the food was great! The suckling pig was the best I've ever had and the peking duck was really good too. The two other dishes fared well but I'm not sure if it was due to our hunger.

Overall, I'd visit the restaurant again but this time, I will call to order my food first before going there.