“Superb!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seven Spoons Bar and Restaurant

Seven Spoons Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 10,626 Restaurants in Bangkok
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Seven Spoons destination restaurant promises to tickle your senses in a warm, minimalist gastrobar on the edge of Chinatown. We offer a modern cuisine menu, including Mediterranean influenced dishes and pasta, lovingly made from locally produced and organic ingredients wherever possible. We're at the corner of Jor Por Ror (JPR) and Chakkrapatipong (22-24 Chakkrapatipong Road), in a restored Chinese shophouse. We are open daily, for dinner from 6pm to 11pm, and our kitchen closes at 11pm. We are open for lunch, Monday to Saturday, from 11am to 3pm.
New Delhi, India
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

This has to be one of Bangkok’s very finest restaurants. The owner/chef, Joki, is highly creative. He studied or worked under a French chef and and an Italian one, but his style is all his own. I ate there a couple of times, and would have kept going back if I’d stayed longer in Bangkok. The homemade gnocchi with spinach was a real surprise. The name didn’t really give me a good idea how it would be, though it may not have been called that, exactly. Anyway, the homemade gnocchi was delicious, and the spinach balls were far more than the usual pitiful garnish of spinach that you might get. The sauce was a delight, too. The next time I had spanakopita, which also was a different take on that traditional dish, and quite delicious. The pumpkin gelato, garnished with pistachios, was fabulous. Service was excellent. I went there thinking it was a vegetarian restaurant, which it wasn’t. However, most of the dishes were vegetarian, and the food was so good. Also, they had no problem accommodating my food allergies. The staff were all very friendly and eager to please. Highly recommended. (I only wish it were a pure vegetarian place without a bar, but I’m sure I’m in the minority on that.) Definitely worth the effort it takes to get there.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Lisbon, Portugal
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Delicious food, great cocktails, very friendly staff! Don't miss this place!! Reservation recommended.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This would be my go-to restaurant if I lived in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I came here with a friend a couple of months ago and we sampled a range of the dishes and drink concoctions on offer at the time. I think that the menu occasionally changes, but I remember both the food and cocktails to be delish. For people who relish understanding more about ingredients, check out SS. A feature that seems to run throughout all of SS's culinary creations is an effort to match ingredients in new and intriguing (and delicious) ways. The care that was taken to pair different flavors, as well as presenting dishes, caused me to slow down and better appreciate the eating/social experience. The service was very good, and I get the impression that they are very passionate about what they are doing. The ambiance of the place is generally pleasing, filled with warm wood colors and a mellow atmosphere. Good for both a date or a big table of friends.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Brian C
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A great place for a quick lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

There we six of us. We were hungry and needed lunch. We were served the drinks and salads we ordered very quickly and most efficiently. The food was very superb too.

Looks like a favourite lunchtime haunt for the yuppie crowd from the UNESCAP offices nearby. Very good. Highly recommended!

Portland, Oregon
“Just plain FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We just loved our meal at Seven Spoons. A delightful ambiance. We sat at the bar and enjoyed a delicious 24-K margarita made with freshly squeezed orange juice. For dinner we had an amazing side salad with chicken and apples. You must try it! It was out of this world yummy. Also had the falafel salad which was also very good and unique. For dinner, we had the creamy yogurt lentils with spinach served over Russian pancakes - Devine! Also had the chicken tagine. Service was excellent. Great atmosphere with lovely soft music.

We would definitely eat here again!

1 Thank BarefootBuddies