“Affordable and tasty French food”
Review of Comptoir Eiffel - CLOSED

Comptoir Eiffel
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: In May 2014 Le Petit Zinc restaurant becomes Comptoir Eiffel. This well-known restaurant appreciated par many loyal guests begins a reconversion towards more refinement and diversity while maintaining the original Parisian bistro spirit. As soon as you come through the door you can feel the warm and friendly ambience of the venue. The owner has recently taken over the three years old restaurant, and is fully dedicated to the wellness of it guests. Guests can choose among different spaces: a private room on the mezzanine, a terrace with shadow, and the main dining-room facing the bar. Wherever you seat, you can instantly feel transported to Saint Germain des Pres. Once you are comfortably settled, it's time to look at the menu. The Chef and its team honour dishes from all over France with Perigourdine salad, Half-cooked tuna and piperade, and the traditional Onion soup. And concerning fish? You will find them on skewers, in carpaccio, grilled from the oven...Meat with their tenderness will please sensitive palates, as the foie gras duo will do. In the genuine spirit of a French bistro-brasserie, duck specialties and salads are important to the menu. Cheese lovers are not forgotten thanks to a judicious selection of both French and local cheese. Finally, weekly specials from the blackboard enhance the care given to cook with fresh ingredients. Comptoir Eiffel is open every day for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Service was not the best. The waiter could not explain the menu nor provide any recommendation, perhaps that is why it is considered casual dining. The food however was good. Had the onion soup as starter, simple and straight to the point. The seared tuna with salsa sauce and mash was really yummy. Definitely worth a try.

1  Thank Adriano8000

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I just visit this restaurant, even not much people at their till7:00pm i walk in and try. The food is good and price is reasonable. Great experience!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My friend and I initially wanted to go to JP restaurant but it was full (as expected on a saturday night) and as we did not have a reservation, the owner really could not accommodate us.
We walked a bit and stumbled upon LE PETIT ZINC. The place looked great, decor, atmosphere was nice and inviting so we went in.
We were attended to right away and in a very courteous manner, given menus and smiles from the waitstaff.

I ordered a Black Pudding and Steak Tartare. I remember talking to a French Speaking lady about my hesitation to order Raw beef as I was not sure about the beef's provenance or freshness but she assured me it was imported and really fresh. I went for it.

The black pudding was average, having had it so many times in Paris I cannot say that it was great but in all fairness, for Bangkok, it was good and I was not disappointed.

The Steak Tartare was good, but If I have to criticise it I would say that I prefer to prepare it myself (that way I can get it just the way I like it). Bring me the meat and the condiments separately, a small bowl and I will be a happy camper. Now I understand that in BKK, most people wouldn't be bothered to do it so I guess preparing it in the kitchen makes more sense.
Also, the potatoes were ok, but I would have preferred proper French fries with that.

The crepes were good and a great ending to the meal.

Reading back the review, Maybe I was a little bit harder than I intended but overall the food did not wow me. The service, on the other hand was good!
I know one is to expect this kind of service in Thailand, but it is refreshing that this restaurant really shows that they care about their guests.

I will be back

1  Thank NicolasBkk
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Originally wanted to go to Jp French restaurant round the corner, but was closed.

Decided on le petit zinc instead as was in the mood for French food and wine.

Save your money!

I went for the waygu beef burger and it was absolutely in-edible! The bun was rock hard and stale, the burger inside contained loads of chewy sinue and was completely un-edible. The chips were undercooked hard potato! I never send food back or complain but I had to on this occasion.

The thai waitress was extremely friendly and helpful and offered to change the burger, I opted for the steak instead. I should of just left this also. As it tasted old, extremely chewy bad cut of meat.

Two French people who looked like they may have been owners were sat outside smoking and drinking oblivious to what was going on with the terrible food. Even though we were the only ones in here.

On the plus side. My girlfriend enjoyed the salmon and the waitress was really nice and never charged me for my monstrosity of a meal.

1  Thank Leeandsylwia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had dined here a couple of years ago and had a good experience as it started up. A second restaurant has sprung up, which i felt was a sign the original Petit Zinc was successful. We ended up as the only table of diners between 19:00 and 21:30, a pretty solitary experience for the centre of Bangkok. The film screen which used to show French films was broken and not repaired.
I arrived early for a dinner with friends, the owner served a gin and tonic, and a waiter brought a lovely tapanade with toasts.
As friends arrived we ordered from a fairly extensive bistro menu. Both appeared satisfied with their starters and main course.
My salad,with grilled vegetables added,was soggy, and that softened the four hot goat cheese toasts on top. My main course of mi-cuit tuna arrived, nicely presented, along with a tureen of mashed potatoes. The tuna had an odd smoked taste, looked a bit like steamed haddock in colour and not the fresh char grilled, raw red centre that I had imagined. I commented to both friends and the owner. The mashed potatoes lacked butter or cream and garnish in its preparation.
The wine was a Shiraz, not remarkable except for the price, over US$50 a bottle. Our desert of creme brulee was attractive and great tasting, and for that I am scoring Average instead of Poor. Our total bill for three persons eating with wine was US$195.