“À quiet and relaxing place with decent And affordable French food”
Review of Comptoir Eiffel - CLOSED

Comptoir Eiffel
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: In May 2014 Le Petit Zinc restaurant becomes Comptoir Eiffel. This well-known restaurant appreciated par many loyal guests begins a reconversion towards more refinement and diversity while maintaining the original Parisian bistro spirit. As soon as you come through the door you can feel the warm and friendly ambience of the venue. The owner has recently taken over the three years old restaurant, and is fully dedicated to the wellness of it guests. Guests can choose among different spaces: a private room on the mezzanine, a terrace with shadow, and the main dining-room facing the bar. Wherever you seat, you can instantly feel transported to Saint Germain des Pres. Once you are comfortably settled, it's time to look at the menu. The Chef and its team honour dishes from all over France with Perigourdine salad, Half-cooked tuna and piperade, and the traditional Onion soup. And concerning fish? You will find them on skewers, in carpaccio, grilled from the oven...Meat with their tenderness will please sensitive palates, as the foie gras duo will do. In the genuine spirit of a French bistro-brasserie, duck specialties and salads are important to the menu. Cheese lovers are not forgotten thanks to a judicious selection of both French and local cheese. Finally, weekly specials from the blackboard enhance the care given to cook with fresh ingredients. Comptoir Eiffel is open every day for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Took 3 courses menu for lunch @ 540 baths. Simple and well prepared French food in a quiet place. Bavette échalote was good.

There are newer reviews for Comptoir Eiffel

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I love this place. I've lived 7 years in France and this takes me back. The food is excellent: I usually get the Salade Perigourdine and then the magret or the confit. All is good. The piece de resistance is the chocolate cake at the end which is highly recommended--ask for a second serving of vanilla ice cream. Dont' say I didn't warn you!

The wine selection is excellent and last time I was there they had an excellent Bergerac that I enjoyed with my choices.

Do go back. Do patronize Le Petit Zinc. Enjoy the food. Its inexpensive and well worth every baht!

3  Thank ben s
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a lovely casual evening with friends and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal - an excellent french onion soup and superb foie gras. My husband had scallops and was disappointed as the texture was wrong. They appeared to be the imitation scallops that restaurants sometimes use. So 10/10 from me but only 5/10 from him. Service was good and prices weren't exorbitant.

Petit Z, Owner at Comptoir Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Lynette,

Thank you very much for you review. I'm just really sorry that your husband didn't enjoy his dish. But just to let you know we never have and never will use "imitation scallop". We use high quality over-sized scallops from Alaska. We prepare this dish in a French style, meaning rare inside and grilled outside which explained maybe the fact that you husband didn't like the texture.

We hope to see you soon in our restaurant,
Kind regards,
Muriel Dazard

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great little French bistro around the corner from my condo. Ate there for the first time today and will definitely be going back. Had the goats cheese salad and my friend had the duck, both meals where great. Staff don't hang on you either, nice to have that type of service. Ambience is quite nice too, they have done the fit-out well.

1  Thank charlieboz
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Have heard of this restaurant through a French documentary about Bangkok, hence we decided to give it a try. The location is quite convenient. Once in, the interior ambiance is very nice but the welcoming was quite poor and unfriendly. There were 3 of us and everyone had a different feeling on the food. Don't get me wrong, the cold plate of charcuteries is excellent, the duck is average but excellent side dishes with roasted potatoes. The lamb shank on the other side was a complete disappointment, but were we feel there was a let down was the level of service. Agree with some of the other comments, there is a poor level of engagement and will to make you feel welcome and willing to come back from the manager and the team. This is somehow in contrast with the documentary where the owners gave us a better feeling to come, try and support this little restaurant. It's a pity as there such a little things to do to make this place a real gem.