“Amazing restaurant , truly japanease fresh and authentic food with hip ambience”
Review of Rakuza Tokyo - CLOSED

Rakuza Tokyo
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very cozy hip and authentic , lively with hip music and all the chef is from famously iron chef tv program , I like all the signature dishes. Amazing

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Best thing about the restaurant is the wait staff. Top notch. Sushi was very good, but pricey (and this more to do with the prime Thong Lor location than the high quality produce). We had a mistake on the bill, but this was taken care of gracsiously. Think it would probably be a great restaurant for a couple / romantic dinner = foie gras sushi and a nice bottle of wine...

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place is surely, one of the most underrated japanese restaurant around here.

The foods on the menu come with high creativity, nice portion and of course, great taste. Their signature dishes are magnificent, you will regret if you don't order them !

Talking about the service, I just couldn't ask for anything more from them. The staffs are well-trained, professional, friendly (by their own personality) and knowledgeable when it comes to food on/off menu. Another thing is that the price is really, really reasonable and often comes with discount/promotion/surprise.

Given all of this, you better try it out. Highly recommend !

2  Thank Tee_Wuthi
Reviewed July 18, 2012

do most of the best restaraunts live on or between soi 53 and 55?? try adding this one to the never ending list. I wouldn't walk it from the BTS, a motorbike taxi is only 20 baht and just ask them to take you to grass. I did walk it back, about 15 minutes to Thonglor station.

another dining alone treatment, when without the young lady I do it up cause I can afford for one better. not all true but some truth. Ok, this place caught me from the entrance. my choices were the wine bar and restaraunt next door and here. sushi bar looked ideal for dining alone so an easy choice. a love for Japanese food didn't hurt. what did hurt was they ran out of chutoro!!! savings on the tab in the long run.

found a nice Chilean Sauvingion Blanc and started to order. for a formal place I was liking the picture for every item on the menu. spinach with sesame sauce served cold was a refreshing start. followed by 4 of my choice sashimi, the local tuna, ika, uni and hotate. polished these fast and moved on to some chilled sake, served pretty with ice inside the pourer but not inside the sake and keeping cool. next was A La Diavola, seven seared fish on sushi rice with nori and avacado. forgot to mention one of the first items was a dried ray served with mayo. honestly the cheapest item on the menu at 80 baht it was friendly. all over Thailand you will find pla meuk (squid) that taste similar to this only this is better. last was the piece I couldn't resist and am seeing on the below review as well. the tuna scallop fois gras. masterpiece, maybe they could do with less tuna though. the pairing of scallop and fois gras is nice and I just did small portions of tuna in my mix with the potatoes and vinegrate sauce.

the bin was what I expected with an option, AMEX and Citi Bank Cards enjoy a 20% discount. swipe them Delta Miles on my AMEX saved me 616 baht ($20). very nice place in the middle of all these top joints surrounding them, I would return.

3  Thank QFOX
Reviewed February 19, 2012

It wasn't my first visit at Rakuza but I was still ecstatic to be there. The food was really fresh and perfectly seasoned. We ordered a lot of stuff like:
- wagyu beef tataki
- tuna steak with foie gras and seared scallops
- ebi temp roll
- japanese omelette
- sashimi salad
- chirashi
etc

everything was splendid. the staff were really nice and was there whenever we needed them.

I couldn't recommend this place more!

2  Thank 11nuttiyaw