“Chic, clean, new boutique hotel in superb location @ reasonable price”
Review of LiT BANGKOK Hotel

LiT BANGKOK Hotel
Ranked #80 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel after reading the reviews in Tripadvisor. We booked a suite as some reviews mentioned that the deluxe or standard rooms were rather small. We had a peep into one of them. I think it is just visual perception. The rooms were quite elongated in shape. Oh the bathroom and bedroom design and config is rather chic and modern. Good for couples. Service level was excellent, from concierge to front desk to restaurants to housekeeping. Our suite was really roomy and comfortable. Good beds and linens. The breakfast was more than satisfactory. Besides the ready buffet, they also cook for you when you choose from the 'restricted' breakfast menu. It is not that restricted as you have items like egg benedict, eggs cooked in various ways; various porridge, hot oatmeal, etc. Good range of TV programs. Location wise could not be better. It is about 200-250m to the National Stadium BTS station. Though it is located in a small narrow road, there are several smaller hotels and backpackers, cafes along that road. There are many roadside stalls too. Definitely safe to walk. Much foot traffic even till late. The MBK shopping mall is right beside the BTS station perpendicular to this small road !. The swimming pool though small, looked inviting. But we were there to shop and enjoy the room; so we gave that a miss. In summary, hotel is cozy and yet spacious enough even in the public areas. Enjoyed our stay there absolutely

Room Tip: Get the higher floors and if budget allows, go for the suite. We paid USD$170 per night for a suite...
2  Thank DIYholiday

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The lit was a fabulous hotel for several reasons. The location is brilliant. Right near the sky train for easy access to all of Bangkok, a 2 minute walk to jim thompsons house and for shoppers the MBK is just round the corner. The gym was really well equipped, staff were sensational and rooms lovely. I highly recommend this hotel.

Trish Golding

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Trish G
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Nice and stylish hotel with good service. Various small things are provided gratis (bottled water, small mini bar allowance, pool, short foot massage ,... ) so you do not feel like you are being bled for every extra bit of cash.

The hotel is moderate size (about 80 rooms I think), so it does not feel crowded. They have done interesting things with the room design, decor and lighting to make it feel bigger and more interesting. The bathrooms especially are cleverly designed and punching above their weight.

Would stay there again next time we are in Bangkok.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Pros:

Good staff, really friendly. Good facilities, excellent comfort for the money. Modern, different design room. Excellent location, close to the BTS, shopping and many areas of the city.

Cons:

The room I asked before was not available and I did not had any view. I did not liked the staff pressuring me to leave my room a bit after the check out. Pool area is great, but you have to go to first floor, go out and then go up again via stairs to access the pool that have too much chlorine. The toilet of my room was on the entrance far from the bath and no exclusive door for the toilet area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Lit is two BTS station away from Siam Station - that is where all the shopping is located. And it is where Erawan, four-faced Buddha is situated.

I liked the hotel because it is small enough to be cozy and large enough to not bump into every other guests staying in the hotel. That is actually is a bit hard to do for a hotel... :) Granted we were there when there werent many guests... :D

The room we stayed in was a corner room (411) and it was an odd shaped room. It was a small room, made to feel reasonably spacious.

The room was partitioned with curved wall separating the bed from the bathroom.... its brilliant... I would prefer a king sized bed instead of the queen sized bed.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My family of three head down to bangkok quite often as we are based just 1.5 hours away. As we did not have a car for the whole weekend this time, we decided to choose a hotel in the shopping area for easy access to the malls and eateries and settled on LIT after some research.

Service: We were given a warm welcome by staff who spoke good English when we checked in and our luggage was attended to immediately. I had also requested for a baby cot in my booking form and when i about it when we checked it, they said that it was already in the room - nice touch because most hotels we go to only bring it in after we remind them or after we check in. The only thing we noticed was that others who were checking in were given cold towels but we did not have any - small detail but still nice to have. Apart from that, the staff at the lobby were always attentive and were friendly towards my 2 year old son as well.

Room: We booked the different degree room and were a little disappointed with the size/layout of the room and bathroom when we first entered. The photos on the hotel website and tripadvisor make the room/bathroom seem bigger but the layout is actually rather awkward. The bathroom in particular is odd because it begins with a curtain opening at the entrance where the toilet bowl is, and turns right into a long narrow walkway along which there is a small ledge (which we used to put toiletries). At the end of the walkway is the toilet sink which is placed on a triangular shaped vanity counter, and then comes the standing shower area with the bathtub right at the end. The shower head for the standing shower is hung quite high and may not be suitable for shorter people.. And I found that the water pressure for both the shower head and the rain shower wasn't great. They are also situated in a triangular corner so it is abit strange to find yourself having to stand very close to one wall to get a proper shower. In any event, the curtain opening to the bathroom made it difficult for us to ensure that our 2 years old would not run into the bathroom when the shower area was wet. However, one cannot deny that the room is done up in a stylish contemporary design which is pleasing to the eye. The bed was firm and there was just enough space to push the cot around. I loved the cot! The wooden cot looked rather new and the mattress was set at a low level such that my toddler couldn't climb out of it and the sheet was of a colorful animal design which had my son pointing to the animals and counting them, with a lovely cheerful striped duvet cover and pillow case. There is a universal adaptor socket on the wall next to the work desk but the wifi router is already plugged in to that so if you need to use the socket for your own device, you will have to give up your wifi connection, which in itself not the most stable and we kept losing connection to it in our devices. We were also given two separate logins and passwords, so my husband used one and I used one..but you can't use the same login for more than one device which can be troublesome if like me, you have a hand phone and ipad on hand. Our room package came with a 111 thb minibar allowance per night, which gave us leeway to grab two packs of nuts.

Breakfast: great variety and tasty, but the range of food did not change in the two days we were there and we can't quite imagine having the same stuff for more than three days in a row.

Spa: I went for a 30 min head massage (they said I could only do that or a facial given that I am pregnant) and it was heavenly. Therapist spoke great English and checked at appropriate moments on my comfort level. They were also flexible in converting the free 10 min massage that came with my room package to an additional 10 min for my head massage. The treatments are of course not the cheapest..my husband chose to go adjust across the road for his thai oil massage which cost only a few hundred baht (my treatments cost 1700+ thb) and said that the therapist he got was very strong and it was a solid massage too.

Location: any cons of this hotel are fully made up by the great location. You only need to turn right when you walk out of the hotel and straight down the road for a few minutes to reach the National Stadium BTS, from which you can walk to many malls. The BTS links straight to MBK or Siam Center, from which we could walk to Siam Discovery and Siam Paragon. The only issue we had was having to lug our pram up and down the stairs of the links (no escalators here and definitely not disabled or pram friendly) but this is not a hotel related issue, but a public transport issue!). There is also a 7-11 just at the end of the road, so useful for late night supplies. Street vendors also operate along the road leading out from the hotel - we tried the coconut juice and the fried stuff in sticks and both were great. Tempted to try the chicken noodles too, but didn't think it looked clean enough for us to introduce it to our 2 year old. If you choose not to have breakfast at the hotel, there is a bakery called the journey just on the right of the road leading out from the hotel. We didn't try it but it did look promising. There is also a coffee joint just a few minutes down at the bangkok arts and cultural centre.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dantine13
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great hotel in good location especially for Shopping , MBK , Siam centre and Siam Paragon close by as well as Jim Thompson house which is just down the road. Staff were very friendly. We arrived very early after overnight flight but the staff prioritised getting our room ready which was really helpful.Got upgraded to a suite so that was excellent.Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple