“Perfect in all aspects, still here till 8th of May if anyone has requests”
Review of LiT BANGKOK Hotel

LiT BANGKOK Hotel
Ranked #81 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel as it looked amazing and I wasn't wrong, I haven't got a bad thing to say about it!
The correspondence I had from the staff over email was very useful and very thorough.
We were given a free foot massage, free wine at 6:30pm and given maps, wifi card and run down of all the details upon check-in.
The rooms are very nice, with mood lighting, free water bottles every day, english tv, not the greatest view (from room 303) but we werent going to spend the holiday looking out of a window anyway!
The breakfast menu is comprised of cereal, assortment of juices in jars, fruit, soups, bacon, eggs and you can order omelettes if you'd like.
The food is very good and at a reasonable price for a hotel. We got some room service and the staff were great as always, they are all very helpful and look for things they can do for you.
The gym has the basics you need but dumbbells only go up to 20kg. There are free water bottles and a towel in the gym too.
The hotel is cleaned to perfection, we even got our room cleaned twice in one day, and they gave us another 2 free waters!
Because it isn't a very old hotel a few taxi drivers don't know it, but it's right by Siam Sq, which has everything you need, a huge shopping center with a boots chemist in, Madame tussauds, outback, and designer brands as well.
On the other side of the street there are many different types of restaurants, even one with lots of shark fins in the window.
The alley which leads to the main street from the hotel is in between Siam sq and National stadium, so using the sky train is very easy as it is only 3 stops to sala daeng (pat pong night market, for Rolex etc). Siam sq also has a free thai-boxing show every Wednesday at 6pm, other days are usually singers.
The area the hotel is in is on the back of the current rough guide to Thailand if you ever get lost!
If there is anything I've missed, just ask as I'm here for a few more days

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank IanRossiter

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. The place is rather small, so it has a relaxed calming Boutique feel after a day in hot and busy Bangkok. I had booked the Different Degree Room and the design is very modern, wall set up with huge mirrors and different lighting options, really cool. Bath has a tub and a great rain shower, it's an oddly shaped bathroom, narrow walk way, but I loved it, because it is out of the ordinary. Queensize bed is super comfortable. Room has a CD player with USB connection and TV with various international stations. Free WiFi in rooms. Minibar is greatly stacked also with snacks, and reasonable priced compared to US prices. I used the gym and pool and both facilities are good and super clean as the whole hotel is spotless clean at all times and everywhere. There is a spa on premisses also, which I did not use though. The breakfast buffet was good as well and I had dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent and not too expensive either. Location is key here too, in a small quiet safe side street, but only 2 minutes to the sky train, one stop from the big Siam Malls, 5 minute walk distance to the MBT mall, if you are here for shopping. Staff, everyone, 5 star helpful and friendly. Can highly recomment the LIT.

Room Tip: If you need laundry service, besides the one available at the hotel, there is a little laundry mat w...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Ari1006
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed there for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. Service was excellent from all staff we encountered, right from the doorman to receptionist to wait staff. They really go the extra mile to anticipate your needs by e.g., recommending places for dinner, helping with the luggage etc. It was also the first time I saw a bellboy run out into the street to greet guests who were approaching luggage in tow.

We stayed in the different degree room which was as shown in pictures. Very clean, well stocked and comfy beds. Do try the breakfast each day as they have lovely freshly squeezed juice. Will definitely stay again.

4  Thank bryantwk
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights at the hotel recently. Way too over rated. Here's why:

1. The buffet breakfast spread is embarrassing for the price they charge. Other cheaper hotels offer way better breakfast.

2. The design of the room, especially the toilet, is rather odd. There is no way of using the basin without getting yourself splashed with water.

3. The number of tv channels they have is too little. Should have subscribed to more channels.

4. The hotel lobby is also poorly designed. There are no proper sofas for you to sit while waiting for the taxi. You only get stools, which are really uncomfortable because there is no back support.

5. They wanted to charge me 200baht for the laundry bag - nothing fancy, just a normal laundry bag which you can find in many hotels. Now this is a first for me in all my years of travel. I don't expect to be charged for the laundry bag in a hotel with so much hype.

I can probably think of more. But I think the above points are sufficient to show why I think the hotel is way over rated. There are better hotels nearby which offers more value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Vindik
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My family and I stayed here for two night on the 25th and 26th of April and we thouroughly enjoyed ourselves. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by very friendly and professional staff. Check in was smooth and easy. We were shown our rooms and we loved what we saw!!! Fresh modern, clean and spacious. The hotel is really quite small so it has that boutique feel about it. The breakfast was beautiful and the dinner even better. They had a lovely outdoor bar and pool area and a fantastic spa. We had a couples massage and it was by far one of the best we have ever tried. The location of the hotel was perfect.! A two minute walk to the sky train and MBK. All in all a fantastic experience. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Hayleyandmicky
Reviewed April 27, 2012

my wife and i have stayed in many hotels in Bangkok,and we really enjoyed our stay here,easy to find opposite the national stadium stadium soi one,any taxi driver can find it,in a small but very quite safe street.the room was very cleverly designed.pool and gym fine.food in hotel good breakfast could show a little more imagination, staff all 5 star

4  Thank yentocs
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I really like going to independently owned hotels - because I am the manager of one. I prefer their unique style to bland and predictable chain hotels.
I have visited the LIT on two occasions - once with my wife, the other time with my best friend - and both times I had a great experience.
The rooms are nice and and have a great layout. I really appreciate that someone tried to come up with a creative layout.
The LIT is full of nice little touches that make it a very nice and welcoming hotel and it's location is amazing. You are five minutes from the BTS station so even during a busy day you can always return for a quick shower.
I live in Thailand and have stayed in over 40 hotels here and I can confidently say the LIT is excellent value for money.
The staff is nice, smart and speaks quite good english. They also have a very nice tradition of surprising the Guests at sun down with a glass of champagne in the lobby.
All in all: nice and quiet rooms, unique design, friendly staff. LIT is a great place to stay.

6  Thank Robert M