“PERFECT IN EVERY WAY”
Review of LiT BANGKOK Hotel

LiT BANGKOK Hotel
Ranked #81 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Perfect service, perfect room, perfect restaurant, perfect breakfast, perfect pool, perfect staff!!
We have spent 3 nights at the LIT
It has just been away from the tourists and far from big hotel industry of the rest of Bangkok... Yet very central, only a street across from the Modern Art Museum & the MBK shopping mall.
We felt listened & exclusive with the excellent care of the staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hervedesf

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We spent 5 night for Easter holiday , 2 mins to BTS n walking distance to MBK, Siam ... Shopping mall and free wifi all day but the connection is not that good sometimes, different degree room we stay , no door but a culture instead for the wash room quite funny, but a little bit disappoint is the breakfast - only average , but the in room food was great. ... Fresh pinapple juice plus the fried noodle & spring roll . Hotel staff was very helpful including the cleaning lady .
And the major is the girls at front desk , helps to print out everything we need. One more thing we try to use the computer at the lobby and asking for the method to print something out and they are try different way to see the possibility but not success. But I feel appreciate for this kind of helping . The last thing is hotel is not big as others only 7 stories , so not too crowded or noisy during the hotel area. remember to ask the hotel to book taxi as it's not easy to have a meter taxi

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Xolaw
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at the LIT for two nights when we arrived in Thailand and the final night before we left. We were upgraded for our final night and I would actually recommend the standard Extra Radiance room above the Different Degree Room. The layout of the standard room actually felt more spacious. The superior Different Degree room is divided in two with the bath and shower behind the bed and wardrobe, which make the sleeping area feel quite cramped.

This hotel was perfect for us, fresh and modern with a central shopping location with easy access to the Sky train. The staff were really friendly and very attentive, we arrived at the hotel at 7am on Sunday and were able to have a shower in the health spa to freshen up after our long flight before we went exploring.

Reading the other reviews I would agree that the swimming pool is quite shady however we were in Bangkok to explore rather than sunbathe so it really didn’t matter to us. It was still enjoyable to have a dip in the late afternoon overlooking the other buildings.
If I ever return to Bangkok I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Standard Extra Radiance room is the best by far
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZETM_81
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The Lit is a brand new hotel only been open 12 months and it definitely had a fresh feel about it down to the new carpet smell!

Overall a great hotel for a short break in the city due to the following:
-Location – two minutes walk from the MBK shopping centre and Siem Sq.
-Breakfast – was great good options
-Rooms – great bed better than my bed at home slept like a baby!
-Mini bar – nice touch that they offer you 111bhat complimentary spend for each night of your stay.
-Upgraded on both occasions that we stayed.
-Great shower
-Really modern and clean a real oasis from hectic streets of Bangkok.

Things to consider:
-Toilet is right next to a curtain separating it from the room. If you get shy about going to the loo this maybe an issue.
-We had an issue with the room service on one night as the restaurant closed bang on 10pm. They then completely got our order wrong and it was all a bit of a farce. However when my husband spoke to the staff at reception at check out they waived the charge for the room service so I can’t complain.
-We stayed on two separate occasions and have to say the service we received was hit and miss. They were on the first occasion a little cold and the lady who booked us in was I would even say a bit rude. However the man who showed us to our room was lovely. The second time we stayed on the same trip the same receptionist however was great....makes me think they need to be more consistent in their service and a little warmer. Some of the Thai hospitality was missing.

Overall great hotel if you are looking for a modern 4* in the heart of the city.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Worlds_myOysterUK
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The LIT is very good but it does need some improvements. The location is brilliant because it is two minutes from Nation Stadium and you can actually walk to MBT, Siam Discovery etc.

Staff are very helpful. They brought me a chair when I was using the computer at their lobby. They helped me with some loud guests, who were staying above me. And they came up quickly to my room when I needed water.

The big problem is the breakfast. The variety is under average. I ordered a hard boiled egg and it was so over cooked that the egg's shell broke and the egg white came out a bit. And they brought this out for me to eat. My suggestion: teach the kitchen the exact minutes a hard boiled egg has to be in water and if you over cook it for some reason, do not give it to the guest!

The coffee was horrible, the fried eggs were cold. There was not enough tomatoes. I admit it, I ate them all because there were like seven small ones. Nobody bothered to refill "the glass".

I can go on and on but I choose not to because overall, I did have a nice time at The LIT.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Lit Bangkok. We picked it because it's proximity to MBK and of the great reviews it got. Well, everything was as promised and beyond. I have stayed in several hotels in Bangkok before and this one was the best. The rooms are interesting with their design and they best suit a couple but not for kids. Especially the extra radiance ones.
Everything in this hotel transmits luxury and good taste.

I will definitely want to return there.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the different degree rooms. The best ones were the extra radiance and the full spectrum...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank shish89
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Beautiful stylish hotel right by National Stadium. Lovely room, lovely staff, v clean, v modern and ideal for public transport - they even made me a birthday cake and left it in the minibar fridge so i found it when i returned on my birthday evening! We'll return soon.

Room Tip: A suite on a high floor is lovely!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple