“Excellent tour away from tourists!!”

Small Teak Boat Canal Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Please email or call to reserve before you come down to our office. If you are looking for an authentic Thai thing to do, our canal tour is the one! Because boats on canals were used as transport traditionally, many interesting sites are along the water way. Our tour stops at: Morning Fresh Produce Market(Weekend altered with a canal-side floating market), Orchid Nursery in Green Rush, Hidden Forest Temple, Traditional Thai House (the Artist's House). We can also arrange custom tours around water ways.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I did a tour with my whole family 2 weeks ago and it was amazing!! My parents in law were not English speaker and they provided us a French guide at no extra fees! I was quite suprise because the translator was not just good but really proactive in her explanation! We visited a lot of things, the activities were varied and I appreciated everything we did! The best thing was to be away from the touristy crowd! I also like the fact that for a small fee they come get you at the hotel, since the tour start early, I had a couple of minutes more to sleep ;) We only had 30 minutes to eat lunch since we asked a lot of questions, we were kinda late on the program but I did not mind, I only mind the fact that the food choice was limited, the chicken soup was really good but not enough for all the group! This was not the fault of the guide, just the cook! :) I will recommend it to everyone! I really enjoyed my day and would do it again!! My 8 months old son really had a great time on the boat!! :D

pandantour, Owner at Small Teak Boat Canal Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for a great review, for that day we happened to have a French speaking on hand for training. So, we can accommodate other languages requirement for guests who have difficult time with English in the near future. We are always trying to improve our tour program, so please come back and try our custom tour next time you are in Bangkok, Thailand:)

Tom

"thai culture"
in 31 reviews
"klong tour"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 14 reviews
"catfish"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My sister and I booked with Tom and couldn't have been happier with that decision. Tom's knowledge of the area and each place he took us was great. We went to a floating market and got to taste a lot of great foods. Tom was helpful in recommending different foods for us to try as there were so many choices! At the end of our trip we got to see a puppet play at the artist house which was an added bonus!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was the second time I booked the tour with Tom. Last time he picked me up from the airport and after the tour delivered me back to the airport. Now he picked me up with my eighty years old mother and gave her and me an excellent and relaxing tour with a again as highlight the puppet play in the artist house. As this play is every time different for me also a reason to come back again and again. The boat is small, less noisy, cleaner and perfect for a small family. That Tom cares about water, fruits, sweets, thee, lunch is an all exclusive surprise and importnat if you have jet leg and just want to enjoy. Dear Tom, next time please tour me again, and spend even more time with us at the artist house!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We took our teenagers on this day tour around the canals of Bangkok. We all loved it. Easy to book, efficient and courteous owners. The trip through the canals was a wonderful insight to Thai life by the canal. Our guide Khing was absolutely lovely and informative. A beautiful woman. The driver was careful and safe. This is a must do on anyone's trip to Bangkok. Thank you for a wonderful, memorable day

See more reviews
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I highly recommend this tour which is very well organized and interesting. The protests against the government prevented us from getting to the boat directly by taxi. Our guide Khing met us at our hotel and we made our way by tuktuk, ferry and taxi to the start of the tour. Khing is an excellent guide and I found every part of the tour enjoyable. We had fresh fruit and bottled water throughout the trip and my lunch was tailored to my very picky tastes. We were given a variety of fruit to take back to the hotel. I received much needed advice on my camera as Khing is a skilled photographer. The trip is very relaxing and informative showing the many aspects of life on the canals.