“Perfect base for Bangkok madness”

Khaosan Palace Hotel
Ranked #91 of 615 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Perfect base for Bangkok madness”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here prior to reading any reviews on here, but I found the stay to be highly satisfying. I certainly didn't come across theft from my room or the baggage holding room, or at least none that I've noticed yet. I never had any problems with the staff, and a handyman helped fix room problem with no fuss when fuse went. The noise was also not a problem, but we were towards the back of the hotel. I think these are classed as the 'deluxe' rooms, which are probably worth the extra baht as ks road is loud until the early hours. Having to constantly ask for a new wifi password every time your device disconnects was well annoying though. The pool up top is a nice way to meet young travellers, but the wooden beds are well hard. Overall, a nice stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

First of all, the staffs are LAZY and not kind. And when getting into the room it smelled a bit bad. Ive stayed here for 5days and as time went by got used to the room and there werent lot of things to point out. Hot water in the bathroom, pool at the rooftop and especially the location was perfect to feel the excitement of Khaosan.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Thought I could deal with the crappy front desk/reception but when it came down to it, it was bad enough I had to warn you and review this.

Number one priority of hotels should be customer service. I found the people running it here to be embittered, rude and not so subtly-passive aggressive to you (watch them have a smirk on their face as they talk about you in front of you). Note this with the two ladies who work the front. Both wear buns, one with glasses.

I was with a few friends here just to have a place to stay in a place where we can walk around. We've been in Thailand for a couple of months so we try to speak the language as much as we can. When one of my friends tried communicating, the lady rudely replied "in ENGLISH."

They will ask for a deposit because at the end of your stay they will try to nickel and dime the hell out of you so they can keep some of that money.

The moment we step into the lobby we've already heard the front desk give a customer a hard time about a missing piece of his key that he said was left in the room before even trying to calmly resolve the situation.

Honestly, the room is alright. There was no shower curtain in our bathroom and the sheets and towels had some stains.

I'd look elsewhere. Sure, there is a 7-11, pharmacy and ATM right down the lobby. But there are 7-11s, pharmacies and ATMs a-plently in Bangkok! Be warned, stay somewhere else. I am NOT giving them my recommendation. And there is no zero star option on TripAdvisor that I could have chosen.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank 5feetsmall

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

San Clemente
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I'm giving this hotel 4 stars because of the location. Literally smack center of Khaosan Rd. There is also a pharmacy and 7 eleven right outside for convenience. Beautiful view from the rooftop pool of the sunset over Bangkok but it was super crowded. The room smelled a little bad and the bathrooms could be cleaner. But overall, a comfy stay with a strong AC.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit facing away from Khaosan Rd.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Right in the heart of khaosan road, the room was clean and comfy and the swimming pool was decent...on the roof with a pool bar and sun beds. Considering the location of the hotel the rooms were quiet. The shower was hot and the a/c was spot on! Great for what we wanted

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Can not imagine a better location, in the heart of Khaosan Road. Entertainment all the time, and at the same time fantastic rest and relaxation by the pool on the rooftop. Great service, cleanliness throughout the hotel. On arrival I was very early at the hotel after a night trip and there was no problem checking. About 9 o'clock in the morning I was already in the room and moments later at the pool. There was always good atmosphere around the pool. I read in many opinions about the terrible noise at night. I personally had no such problem in my wing. And if somebody bothers night noise, it should not to choose this hotel. Room was big and nicely, modernly decorated. Wi-Fi Internet in the room worked without allegations. I will definitely stay there, when back in Bangkok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 23, 2014

At first I thought it was a nice hotel but they stole from both me and my friend 100 dollars from the safe locker. I put it in when I arrived and didn't look to it anymore until I wanted to left. They said they could not have it stolen because the locker can't be opened without a code (but there also was a key lock)

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends