“Good location, bad customer service”

Khaosan Palace Hotel
Ranked #118 of 677 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good location, bad customer service”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Hotel is in a great location and the facilities are good. However, booking online we were only offered the more expensive deluxe room and breakfast included was compulsory, On arrival, we found that the more basic rooms, which were much better value but very noisy, were available but were not able to change our booking. We also discovered that our 'included breakfast' was actually a 140 baht charge added on to the price of the room and could not be removed. Breakfast was served at the coffee shop next door, who offered hotel guests a limited number of choices, all of which cost far less than the 140 baht that had been prepaid. They were extremely inflexible when it came to changing the breakfast options slightly and when discussed with the hotel staff they were very rude. Lovely place, but would not go back as better value and service can be found elsewhere on Khao San road.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Before we even got to the hotel we got told stories of different tourists going to the police station everyday with stuff being stolen, but I think as long as your vigilant with your valuables (same as anywhere) you will be fine. Great location, bit noisy but what can you expect in Khoa San, buzzing atmosphere and really good fun if you've just arrived in Bangkok.We also had breakfast included which was fine. But we had a view of a concrete wall out the window, you can't win them all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The hotel was in a great location, this was our first stop in our travels around south east asia. It was a perfect place to stay for the first few nights. The pool on the roof was a nice touch, it was very busy but was a great way to cool down in the heat! We stayed in one of the better rooms which was really nice! They don't include breakfast but why would you want that when you have street food right on your doorstep which costs practically nothing and tastes amazing! If you are a confident traveller I would say this place isn't for you but if you are just beginning your travels and want somewhere to get your bearings then this place is perfect.

Room Tip: Don't expect a quiet room, you are on khaosan road in Bangkok!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I can not find good value for money or 1350 baht (about 33,00 €) for a regular room, no security locks, not at all isolated, so very noisy at all hours of the day and night, not including breakfast .
The thing in his favor is the location, central and convenient for moving

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We made the mistake of thinking staying in the thick of Koh San Road would be a good idea. Hotel staff were the most miserable people i have ever come across. The room was tidy and clean, view of someone elses balcony... however thankfully this meant we were at the back of the hotel. DO NOT USE THE MINI BAR!!!! THEY SAY THE WATER IS FREE BUT IT ISNT!!!!!!!!!! The noise is unbearable, even at the back of the hotel it was ridiculous. Guests coming and going throughout the night. Non exsistent restaurant. Overall rubbish, do not go here!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was about to stay there at the end of my traveling from the islands, and before that I came direct to the hotel and speak with the staff, well the sad things is the front desk girl wasn't really pay attention to me and not friendly . I was just wanted to know how much the rate per night and if they have any available room on the weekend, instead give me the information to me they ignored me and talk to the new guest which they came 5 minutes after me and I do remember the girl with glasses asked me to check their brochure by my self and clearly that girl told me that I can't do pre book and asked me to come back again next time which is rude, well anyway I've heard this hotel in good location but personally if I'm being rejected I won't come back again no matter how cheap and good location this hotel. they need to briefing their staff and how to communicate with guest.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I pre booked this accommodation over the net and found it to be in the best location, right on Khaosan Road. It is fairly noisy of a night (unless you slept in the East Wing where it wasn't quite so loud), but saves you the hassle of getting a tuk-tuk ride to where are the night life and action is at. The pool on the roof was pretty good and gave you a great view. The rooms weren't overly huge but they were clean and certainly big enough to move around and keep your bags there. They room was tidied and beds made every day, so this was a nice touch for a cheap hotel. Staff were fairly helpful, although we never had any problems. We organised a day tour to the floating markets, train market and tiger temple through the hotel connection - aside from being an hour late, the trip/tour was great.

Room Tip: East Wing is quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends