“Perfect for a short stop in bangkok”

Khaosan Palace Hotel
Ranked #127 of 707 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This place was our base for 2 nights in Bangkok.
Didn't eat here or even know if they do food but was perfect.
Right in the think of things on koh San road, close to all the bars, very friendly staff, not far from the cab ranks etc and cheap as chips.
There's even a pool on the roof you can use. Decent size too.
I will be going back to Bangkok again for sure and this is the only place for me to stay at.
Can't think what else you'd want.
We were a group of 5 blokes, all aged between 28-31 and had a blast!

• Stayed: March 2012
ttinn, Manager at Khaosan Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

Cheers for such a lovely comments. Do come back and we will try and provide an even better service and hospitality

Thank you! and come again

Management Team,

Reviewed March 28, 2012

When it comes to rating any hotel I believe it ultimately comes down to getting great value for your money. Khaosan Palace was the cheapest place we stayed at during our four week stay in Thailand. Considering the price we paid I certainly wasn't expecting a palace when we arrived. We were very pleasantly surprised by the excellent location, the small clean room, flat screen tv with plenty of channels, mini bar and safe. Our view was that of a cement wall, but then again we weren't there for the view and certainly didn't expect any. Fortunately we had a room at the back of the hotel so noise wasn't a problem at all for us. Bed was a bit hard, and the mattress was covered in plastic below the sheets. I'm sure there was a good reason for that and although it wasn't the most comfortable bed, we still slept well. My review might have been less positive had we been placed in a room at the front. I do not know, but Khaosan road certainly is noisy until the wee morning hours. Wifi was cheap and the roof top pool was nice to have although you have to get up there by 9:30 to get a chair and there is no shade. If all the chairs are taken, buy a cheap pool floatie and and you've got yourself a comfy place to relax in the sun.
The bakery by the lobby serves the best ham and cheese croissants ever. And make sure you explore beyond Khaosan road. There are so many charming quiet and cozy little back alleys and lanes in the area. There is also a small temple at the end of Khaosan road. Walk through it, there's sort of a hidden exit at the very back of the wall circling the temple property and it opens up into one of those charming back alleys. Near the front of the temple, keep an eye out for the dog that loves to take naps in a tub of ice. (Yes, that's how hot it is) Certainly something we've ever seen before, and we're hoping that this doggy ice wasn't served in drinks. :)
Grasshopper bike tours office is just a five minute walk from the Khaosan Palace hotel and we took therir night time cycling tour of Bangkok, one of the best tours we've ever been on. If you want to see the real Bangkok away from the tourists, we highly recommend this tour. All in all our experience on Khaosan road was fun, and we are not young backpackers, not even close.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel for a quiet night sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbarajayh

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your value comment on our hotel service. Staff are pleased that during your stay you were satisfy with our service and facilities we have offer.

If in the future, you have any plan to come back to Bangkok please allow us Khaosan Palace Hotel Bangkok be your first choice to service you again.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

It was the first time for me to check-in and check-out of the hotel the same day... We were told and read the reviews not to expect a palace and do expect some noise. Still we wanted to give it a try as it can't be that bad after all.. well, it sometimes can and it was.. the hotel itself is not that bad- the location is interesting. It's in the middle of an extremely busy market street full of stalls with almost everything and it is close to some attractions as e.g. the Grand Palace..
The room we got was rather small but clean. The beds however were extremely hard and they made lound squeaky noises. Stil, we called a handy man who made something to the bed springs and the noises were not so loud still the hardness of course remained.
The worst yet started around 9 pm when the street really started to live. Loud music, shouting on the street and inside the hotel made us quickly browse the internet and find another hotel as we tried to go to sleep and it was really impossible even after a long journey from Europe. Soon after 10 pm we were gone to another hotel which was a 4 star place. Naturally it was more expensive but still very competitive in pricing for European standards and you could sleep in decent conditions.
On our departure the reception staff did not look too surprised.. We were probably not the first ones to check-out so fast...

Room Tip: Not sure if you really can find a good, i.e. bearably quiet room. We were shown 3 rooms and all had...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
ttinn, Manager at Khaosan Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that every effort is being made to address the issues raised.

Thank you very much for your feedback, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Management team.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

This hotel was in the middle of Khaosan Road which was amazing for going out at night time. Before thinking that it is loud, most rooms are tucked nicely behind the main street meaning it was very quiet. There is a GORGEOUS rooftop pool which attracts loads of the people so you make loads of friends.... we stayed there twice and LOVED it. Remember it is budget and CHEAP... no room service etc but its BANGKOK!!

Room Tip: standard is fine!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank SandCTravel
ttinn, Manager at Khaosan Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Dear valued guests,

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Khaosan Palace Hotel Bangkok and the service from our team. I am also glad to hear you were able to experience our pool on the roof top.

We hope to see you back again the next time you come to Bangkok.

Management Team.
Khaosan Palace Hotel Bangkok.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Located right in the middle of khaosan road your well located for shopping,restaurants and entertainment. The hotel room was quite good with aircond, room safe and LCD TV. The bathroom was quite small but worked well.There is a lot of noise from bars in this area but if you have the airconditioning on you won't hear any outside noise. There is a mini mart, chemist and tour desk out the front of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Dear Value Guests,

With many thanks for your generous compliments of service and accommodation. We're truly pleased that we can make you enjoy during visit Bangkok and happy to stay with us. We all appreciate this recognition in your writing this feedback to share your experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back again at Khaosan Palace Hotel Bangkok.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Service - obviously none. I was told to wait for the room to be cleaned - takes 1 hour. This is after full payment of one night ( despite telling the girl that i want 2 nights.she obviously didnot listen and asked payment for one night. I didnot pursue this).So, left the luggage in the store and my passport (was told to do so,as they need to do check in for me) with reception and off for lunch. About 40 min later,asked for my passport. She simply said "pls wait". And started to do the check in process. This took forever. Finally, told me to wait one hour for room to be cleaned and passed the key to me. I asked why one hour again. The girl was rude in answering back. I did not understand what she was talking. I even heard her telling another
lady guest waiting to check in: "don't ask any question". Imagine! Later about 50 min from her delayed checked-in registration, I have to drag my luggage up 4th floor up the stair case with
nobody to help. They didnot even tell me where to go. I just got to guess. All on self service!

Room- bed sheets and pillow cases appear clean but it has some horrible smell. Horrified to find a huge bottle of mineral water under the bed. Obviously, housekeeper didNOT even check below the bed, let alone clean it! Small room, supposedly for double. Actual room is not the same as advertised pictures on the front desk!

Cleanliness - below average. Not for the price you paid for.

Sleep - no sleep at all. Very noisy from loud music - day n night. I have asked for quiet room but the rude girl from the front desk simply replied: "all rooms are noisy" (at least, a degree of honesty to expect from them).

Imagine, paying 750 baht for single person per night for the above.

I am so glad I stayed only one night in this place and never again.....

Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Yeni F
ttinn, Manager at Khaosan Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Valued guest,

I have received your comment and I would like to express my sincerest apology for your unpleasant experiences.

I passed all the matters which you mentioned to Direct Manager concerned, especially my Front Office Manager and Housekeeping to improve service standard, and please rest assured that the corrective step will be taken.

Management Team,

Reviewed February 25, 2012

hotel is good for traveles the staff are lovely rujirapha kromsingh ts the best xx

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jason C
ttinn, Manager at Khaosan Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Khaosan Palace Bangkok. We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff was very helpful. Our aim is to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Khaosanpalace Bangkok during your next visit to Bangkok.

Management Team