“I'm going again, this tour is the best.”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Follow Me on a guided Bangkok bicycle tour, it's the only way to experience the real Bangkok. Discover so much more of Bangkok by bicycle. Our local guides love to share their passion for Thailand and they will leave you with an unforgettable experience Relax in our beautiful shaded green garden and enjoy a free fish foot spa and cold drinks at our licensed bar. We will also send you a free link to download your photograph album after the tour. Our Bangkok bicycle tours are suitable for all ages and fitness levels, so what's stopping you? Follow Me on a cultural adventure
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I've been on several bike tours 2 in Bangkok and several in Europe. The reason I do the bike tours is because its the best and nicest way to see the city. Trust me I travel a lot! The follow me bike tour is out of this world. Its the second one I've been on in Bangkok. The other company was so bad. I will be putting a review up for them later and they deserve it.

With the follow me tours they have a club house where you all meet up and return to. The other tours seem to make you wait at the side of the street where you are getting hassled by locals who seem to think your lost and want to take you else where. Everyone will turn up late and by that time I wasn't keen on doing anything.

With follow me bike tours I was sitting at the Club house having some cool water talking with the guide who was making sure I was happy with the bike etc. The tours are very interesting and the guides speak great english. There was one called "Top" i think his name was he was excellent. The bikes seem to be all new and very conferrable.

I was happy after the tour we went back to the Club house for the free BBQ really tasty chicken, there was no rush to leave like the other tour companies. There were around 6 in our group we were all happy. I'm going to do another tour with them when I get back from Phuket. Thanks Guys for a great time.

1  Thank Craig P
FollowMeBangkok, Owner at Follow Me Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Hello Sir!

Thank you for your commitment. We appreciate it very much. See you soon again as I already received your new booking!

Ray

Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"heavy traffic"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Great offer and tours with experienced local guides. You'll see hidden streets and markets wich you'd never see as a "normal" tourist. I had a great time - thanks again :)

Reviewed December 27, 2011

My partner and I decided to give this tour a shot and we were so pleased. It was a superb workout cycling through BKK, visiting famous attractions and hidden places that we don't otherwise get to see. We did the 'historical tour' that started in the afternoon.
It took us a bit of effort to find the place, then we phoned Follow Me and they sent a staff to locate us and bring us to their office.

Its very thoughtful of them to have refreshments for us when we arrived. After we freshend up and got ready with our bicycles and got goin. The tour guide was very informative and kept filling us with info. The Ride was quite a workout.. (some of them in the group suffered from a 'soar bum' towards the end of the trip lol..) The guide also made sure that we had refreshments along the way and a constant supply of packaged drinking water.

On our return to the Follow Me office we were surprised with a barbeque and a fish spa. In all it was a very memorable experience with loads of fun!

PS. I would reccommend that the participants of the tour be given a leaflet of the places that they are scheduled to visit prior to the tour. I personally think that it would help reconcile the experience.

3  Thank R0N0S
FollowMeBangkok, Owner at Follow Me Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Glad to know you loved it so much! Thanks for the awesome review. Will keep the tip in mind!

Reviewed December 26, 2011

We did a full day tour with these guys and had a blast! In the morning we did the half day walking Food Tour of Bangkok city and in the afternoon we did the City Biking Tour.
We have been to Bangkok a load of times but this was a different side of the city and a really fun way to see the "real" Bangkok! We covered a lot of ground int the tour & saw heaps of different areas of the city. The guys at Follow Me are fantastic, great bunch of people. The BBQ at the end of the biking tour was well received by all! Thanks for a great day out.
Prue & Brian, Australia, Dec 2011.

2  Thank Prudense

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It was fun having you. I remember well. Hope you enjoyed all the pictures we sent that were taking during the tour.

Looking forward having you back sometime on some of our other tours.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 24, 2011

first time trying out a bike tour overseas and it's an excellent experience ... many thanks to ray and his team.

-- in case you are not interested in reading any further and want to book immediately ... PRINT THE MAP! PRINT THE MAP! PRINT THE MAP! -- http://www.followmebiketour.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/followmeclubhouse.pdf

the clubhouse was a little bit difficult to find (perhaps placing more signboards along main roads would be helpful). the bikes were in good condition. no worries on the equipments.

now for the tour - me and my partner went together for the Siam Historical Tour. we planned for the afternoon bike tour to be on the first day of our travel itinerary but was worried that we might arrive late so sent an email before arrival to check whether we could still join their tour on that day. email response was fast and assuring. however, due to flight delay in Singapore and bangkok jam, by the time we arrived at our hotel, it was already too late for the tour, so we immediately asked the hotel concierge to call and cancel that day's bike tour.

when i later personally called to reschedule for a morning tour the day after, i was very surprised at how well they answered our queries (in english) over the phone ... after meeting ray and his partner at the clubhouse (then i understood) =D

i initially thought that the tour would be "easy" but i think difficulty level is relative. well, it's easy as in we used roads and not trail, travelled on flats and not slopes but the tough part was the narrow back lanes and motorists (i don't think this is any fault of the tour operators because their tour purpose IS to show the back lanes and minimise the use of main roads) ... so this is more of a expectation guide for others who intend to take up this tour and fully enjoy it - you should be quite comfortable with bike balance and proficient in bike control through narrow passageways, along uneven roads and around tight corners.

unfortunately, my partner wasn't so comfortable and we felt bad to be slowing down the whole group, so she decided to head back to the club house after a quarter of the way (led back safely by ray's partner ... so sorry i didn't manage to get your name)

along the way, we manage to see many sights (markets, churches, temples, historical buildings, etc) and crossed the ferry twice (once at Tha Thien to go to Wat Arun and second time on return trip back from Tak Sin Pier to Sathorn Pier)

during the tour, our guide was great in providing us with opportunity with photo taking and rest stops and explaining the story and significance behind the different places, and everything chargeable was included in the tour (including ferry crossing, snacks, drinks, even toilet entry fees)

overall experience - this is truly a great way to see a different side of bangkok (away from all the shopping and massage, etc) and highly recommend others to try it out as well. in fact, i think next time, i'm going to try the bike and food tour

our thai guide was tom (i hope i heard his name correctly). conversant in english, friendly and helpful ... in fact, out of all the service providers that we experienced during our bangkok trip, i think he definitely deserved a tip but we forgot about it as we were in a bit of a rush after the tour. if i'm ever back in bangkok for another bike tour, you can expect a double tip from me!

suggestions for improvements (my personal opinion)
(1) a new route for novice riders (along wider and flatter roads), doesn't need to see that many sights
(2) shorten the historic route a little (if the clubhouse location is located nearer to the pier, the route can be slightly shortened). another way is to concentrate on the sights nearer to clubhouse or travel to pier then take use the express boat to make up a part of the river journey
(3) specialised maps and notes (can be used as souveniers) - during the tour, we saw so many things that it was bit difficult to know exactly where we were at any point in time. so a specially designed map will be great for review during and after the tour and it will be great if the map also contained small notes about each location passed (things/buildings to watch for) - this will make the overall experience even more enjoyable

thanks again to the team at follow me bike tours for the wonderful experience and generous assistance during the tour. it was truly delightful!

FollowMeBangkok, Owner at Follow Me Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Hello there,

Thank you so much for your extended review. We love hearing back from our customers with any comment they may have.
To answer your comments
1. Greater and wider roads are jam packed with cars in Bangkok. It might put of 90% of the customers we deal with. If you do like wider roads you should really try our other route we do. The Siam Sawan tour.
2. The route can be shortened but depends on the group. When the guides see that the customers like to spent more time visiting at certain stops we adjust accordingly. Unfortunately we can't move the Club House. We really like it here. LOL (we are looking for bigger space with swimming pool, so next time you can bring your swimming trunks as well)
3. As for the maps to look back on what you have seen you can do so from our websites. All routes are on there at the Route Tab. It also has all the pics from the sights that you saw.

Thanks again for coming and looking forward seeing you soon.