“Really good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Din Tai Fung
Ranked #209 of 10,630 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Taiwanese
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Siam
Lüdenscheid
“Really good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This chain which I first got to know in Hong Kong serves all kinds of Asian dishes.

I recommend the Xiao Long Bao which are basically dumplings with soup inside!

The restaurant is quite nice and you are able to watch the chefs preparing your food.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Outstanding pork dimsums, soup and sauteed spinach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I first visited Din Tai Fung when I was in Singapore, and found the food amazing though I did think that the service could be better.

In Bangkok, got the same excellent food coupled with amazing service. In fact the individual serving our table was fantastic and patiently helped my son, who was grappling with a chopstick. (Wish he wore a name tag, cause he was super kind and would have loved to make a special mention for him)

The hot and sour soup (the spicy variant), the pork dim sums and the steamed buns were to die for delicious.

I could go on and on but the gist truly is that Din Tai Fung is a must visit if you love Chinese food :)

Sydney, Australia
“Good food explains the queues for it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Food quality is decent and is just like the 1 in Sydney CBD i have nothing bad to say about the 1 in Central World but unfortunately the price racked up to be the same as Sydney. Service is great and prompt. There are massive queues with people taking numbered tickets waiting to be called and selecting things from the menu, it is very favoured amongst those in bangkok.

Perth, Australia
“It used to be good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I dine at this restaurant exactly last year and i remember the taste and quality is much better. I always ordered the same types of dishes so i was rather surprise this year the standard seems to drop. And its different by days too.

We were first there on a Sat evening (around 6pm). Had to take a ticket and waited about 10mins. The restaurant isn't pack so maybe it's just crowd control. Ordered shrimp fried rice(slightly oily, you can see the oil remaining on the plate), stirred fried spinch(best dish among my order), pork dumplings(their signature dish- pork has a slightly off taste), chicken dumplings(my partner thinks it's yummy), beancurd with mince pork and mushroom as a starter (came as a starter) and pork buns (well my partner assumed it was BBQ pork buns but it's not)

We returned again on Wed around 5.30pm (no waiting this time). Ordered shrimp fried rice(again slightly oily), stirred fried spinch(again best dish among my order), skip pork dumplings, chicken dumplings(my partner says this time round there's too much coriander in it. I like coriander and even i think there's too much), beancurd with mince pork and mushroom as a starter (came after all the dishes were out and we are halfway through) and one yam bun(very dry)

So in my opinion, the standard of the food has dropped. I enjoyed the food in this place but i won't be that eager to go back again in my next trip to BKK.

One thing I have to say though is the standard of the good customer service has definitely maintained. the way the ordering system works is they cross check with you all your items on the list you had marked, in my first visit the waitress even turn to the page and pointed at the items. when your food is delivered, the item on the receipt is crossed out. Once all items are delivered they turn over the clipboard to indicate there's no more outstanding order. Service staff are friendly and smiling.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mmm Dumplings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I don't eat pork and so I couldn't have alot of what they offered, BUT there were still many many delicious options for me. I really liked the chicken dumplings and the fried rice1

Visited June 2013

Been to Din Tai Fung? Share your experiences!