“Keep changing rooms is the answer”
Review of Aspira Hiptique

Aspira Hiptique
Ranked #714 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Sandhurst
“Keep changing rooms is the answer”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I recently stayed in the Hiptique, and on the first night found a dirty room, and bad shower. Was not impressed. We stayed one night and went away on our trip. We returned 7 days later as we had booked previously to stay at the end of our trip. I asked for a better room, but was dissapointed to have another dirty room, with cochroaches everywhere, and a telly that was like watching snow. I complained again, and changed rooms for the 2nd and 3rd nights. This room was ok, and tv worked well, and no infestation. However all the rooms carpets are stained and disgusting, and makes you wonder what else is lurking.
I stayed here a year ago, and found toenails on the floor of that room. They quickly cleaned the room again for me, and are always so obliging. To be fair, it is nicely located, and a good price for a Hotel in Sukhumvit, with a pool. I would recommend it, but think you need to change rooms if your not happy, this they do with a smile, so can't knock them for that. Overall I would stay again.

Room Tip: Keep changing till you get what is clean and acceptable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice on our swings through Bangkok. Our first stay was for 2 nights on April 22,2013 and April 23, 2013. I booked a deluxe room from Agoda and was very pleased. Rooms are a bit small but well appointed. Beds are very comfortable, mini bar cold enough, free waters. Safe in all rooms and the staff are terrific. On our second stay of two nights on May 13 and 14, we had the less expensive room but were still very satisfied by the furnishings and the beds. When we checked out the tuk-tuk took us to Asok BTS station because it was easier to access. Along the way, the hotel desk called the tuk tuk driver to tell him we had left items in the room. We argued with him that no we had'nt but he said we had left "notebook and some glasses." Since I had not found my sunglasses that morning, I was chagrined that he was right. The notebook turned out to be my travel diary! Thanks were sent around again after going back and retrieving my property. I selected this hotel because of it's proximity to Bunrangard hospital.

Room Tip: The deluxe room and the regular rooms were both about the same, as far as I could tell. The deluxe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank indierob
Male
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I visited this Hotel 2012 & they gave excellent service. Very nice rooms & their customer service was wonderful. Please try to book room with window if you plan to stay more than two days. It will be more convenient. That is the only minus point I noticed. Again I plan to travel on this week with my family. Its really surprise me how their are responding my mails. They confirm me to upgrade room to higher category with NO extra cost since I am staying with my baby & they offer few things FOC. They helped me to organize my travel plan in proper way.
I recommend this hotel for family & business travelers without any second option.

Room Tip: Please book room with window.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChinthanaFDO
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have been staying at this little hotel since it opened on my monthly visits to BKK and used to consider it a real find. However my last stay made me wonder how much longer I will feel that way.

The good news:
Foremost on the plus side is the unusually kind and helpful staff. They will go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as their powers permit. The rooms are modern, clean and of adequate size, albeit often with a somewhat unconventional layout. The beds are very comfortable to the point of always wanting to sleep in. The courtesy shuttle makes the short walk to the Nana BTS station optional.

The less good news:
Despite the fact that it's less than two years old, the rooms and common areas are already showing serious wear and tear. Broken fixtures, scuff marks and non-working appliances (TV) were among the signs that the owners are not willing, or able, to invest enough in maintenance and quality control. At this rate I'm afraid this lovely place will fall below the line for me before the end of the year. This would be a real pity.

I'm giving an overall rating on account of my experiences over the many times I stayed there. But the trend is downward and needs to change.

Room Tip: See if they have a corner room available. They're bigger and brighter than the rest. If you'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MarkHKT
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Although it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the chain it is a nice hotel.

The rooms are clean and modern. The water in the shower isn't very warm but it is Thailand after all. The staff is very friendly and helpful with figuring out the city and advising on where to go. The pool is rather small (but when there is no one else there it is nice!) and the breakfast is very basic. I have not seen anyone eat in the hotel restaurant and it didn't seem very appealing. The street the hotel is located in seems a bit odd and dodgy when you first arrive, however, the parallel soi is much nicer and has nice restaurants and bars to visit! It is also close to Nana station so it's easy to use the public transport system from there. So the location is a definite plus! There is a free tuktuk service from the hotel to the station, however, I haven't seen it go from the station to the hotel.

All in all I would say it is a nice enough hotel, mostly because of the nice staff and the good location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Poliselotte
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in room 201, a very, very small room with no window. Carpet looks very bad and dirty. Sink is outside the bathroom or in the bedroom, just next to some sockets and it has no wall mounted mirror. There is a small portable mirror in the room though. Nice little bathroom with a very nice shower. Bed was very nice and with very soft linen which were spotless. Minibar has prohibiting prices. Nice big flat screen telly and coffee make facility is also available. The room was quiet, in theory. You can here everything that is spoken on the floor though, and there is staff telephone close with an annoying ringing which can be heart very well in that particular room. Wi-fi in the room with quite quick connection.

Roof top mini pool. Not much for swimming. The water wasn't very clean, and the small tiles are falling off. Only 3 pool chairs and no umbrellas, so not much shadow! Wi-fi available. Roof top restaurant/bar more of the same, no shadow at all and no business at all during the day. Good to chill out in the evening but again, very expensive prices. Cheapest beer a small bottle of Singha at 110 Bath, plus VAT and service charge making it 129 Bath. No wi-fi up there, well, a bit of a signal from below, but not strong enough to open anything.

Around the hotel there is just nothing. Soi 13 has some shops further up towards Sukhumvit road, which is at least 20 minutes walk from the hotel. Fast walk! Problem is that Soi 13 is very narrow and the walkway is too small. So a bit difficult to walk fast and safe. Then there is Soi 11, which is within walking distance, many restaurants and some bars around there, but many places are rather expensive. There is a hotel tuk-tuk that takes you for free to Sukhumvit road. On week ends it drives until late normally, because on Sunday 6:30 pm he had gone home already and there was no replacement driver, week days only until 5 pm. To go back to the hotel at night we used to take a taxi. That small Soi is not very inviting to walk it after dark.

Seems like there must have been a change in managment lately, and it is not a Best Western hotel any more. Seems like the new managment is trying to improve the hotel some. Way to go though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I chose this hotel for an overnight stay in BKK last month as friends had booked there same period and had recommended it. It's good especially for being close to Soi 11/Sukhumvit with all its nightlife and it's nice to have the free tuk-tuk every half an hour to main road.My room was quite small but bed was definitely comfortable and everything was clean. I think service at reception could still improve, I asked a taxi for airport and it was booked in advance for 5am of following day. It arrived almost 40min late and lady at reception couldn't manage to support me more with that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends