“Friendly hotel on quiet soi”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aspira Hiptique

Aspira Hiptique
Ranked #697 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Doha
“Friendly hotel on quiet soi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Thanks to John, Paul and the front desk team for an enjoyable two week stay. The hotel is small and located just a short tuk tuk ride from busy Sukhumvit. I liked the big comfy beds and the rain shower, also dined in the restaurant several times and wasn't disappointed. All in all a comfortable stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DohaPhil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Okay, so the rooms are small, but most people aren't spending all day in the room so who cares.
I really loved the cool design, HUGE shower head, friendly staff and Sony Bravia. Before staying here I was at the Zenith which was $30 more and pretty awful. This place is cute, the pool looked nice (I was only there one night so didn't swim) and the free Tuk Tuk is great. My partner was at Bumrungrad and the hotel Tuk Tuk driver was happy to take me there free of charge. I got a special deal off Asia Rooms which said 50% off (which is usually an exaggeration) but it was a great deal for about $48 Aust Dollars.
Also, I noticed that people said the rooms had no windows, which isn't totally true as there are windows in the bathroom (frosted glass) which lets in some natural light.
Free wifi is great, saved me a fair bit of cash from not using my SIM. Breakfast isn't included unfortunately, but they do give you a discount voucher for lunch or dinner.
It is a shame this hotel isn't in a better location. You are walking distance (about 10 mins) from Nana Sky Train station, but Nana is a bit of a sex trade area. The positive side is that the hotel is a fair way down from the crazy sex area and in a quiet locale.
I would definitely come back. Even though the area isn't fantastic (unless you like the whole sex tour thing) it is close to the Skytrain so you can go shopping. Also it is not too far from Bumrungrad which is good if you are having any medical/cosmetic treatment there.
Overall, a really cool hotel! Great for people who like a bit of style and don't want to stay at one of those huge chain hotels. Really good!

• Stayed July 2012
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Had friends who stayed here before and recommended it. It's quiet season at the moment, so the prices are very good.
Location is very good, a 1km walk from Nana station and right in the middle of everything. Free tuk-tuk to Sukhumvit road. Felt very safe walking around even at night.
Rooms were small, but they pack a lot in. My girlfriend LOVED the bed & pillows, she says "the most comfortable she's had for ages!". Was a slight smell of the drains at times.
Restaurant serves a great breakfast. I found the buffet very adequate, although my gf wasn't so sure.
Rooftop bar is lovely at night, and the swimming pool (although small) is perfect at the end of the day.
My only negative was the cleanliness in some areas, the floors didn't seem to have been vacuumed in a long time, water marks on the benches in the rooms, long trail of ants on the buffet table.
I really like the feel of this property, everything is small and packed in but it works. Just a few people around, and it makes for a homely feeling. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beebo77
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We loved this hotel!
We stayed in Bangkok Best Western 5 nights - and we would come again!

The rooms are small - but clean and the bed is comfortable. And in the end you won't be at the hotel all the time!
The hotel got a roof top swimming pool and a bar! as well as a restaurant!

The location is great for people how would like to experience Bangkok in less touristic ways.
The hotel offers a tuktuk to the sky train ( 10 minutes to walk)!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Guwahati, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

We arrived in Bangkok after 2 days of Gambling in Macau, we didnt book any hotel in advance and we soon found that it better to book by internet, after some search we found " Best Western Bangkok Hiptiquue Hotel", it was in Sukhumvit soi 13 and we found it quite cheap. As we checked in we got to meet the Manager of the Hotel Mr. Paul ( first thai man i ever met with an American accent) he was really a nice and helpful man, we booked the standard room which was quite small for 2 person, so we upgraded to Deluxe room which was quite good but again a bit small. The best thing which i like about this Hotel was service although there were only few handfull of staff around. So, basically if you are low on budget and looking for a nice hotel with good service then this is the Hotel to choose.

Room Tip: Look for the corner Delux rooms which are bit large then other but only little
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

A small but nice hotel located close to Soi Cowboy, Sukhumvit Soi 11.
Lots of restaurants and close to the BTS.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was OK. Restaurant very small. I really did not like looking room the restaurant into the water of the pool. Transport to BTS free of charge and about a 5-10 minute walk back.
Rooms are small but very well thought out....with all modern amenities.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor ao it was easy to walk up and down the stairs and not wait for the elevator...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I found a great deal on wotif.com which offered free late checkout at 4pm and a free room upgrade about 2 months prior to travelling to Bangkok. I only stayed 1 night with BW Hiptique as I was with friends on the initial part of my holiday. The late check out was important as I had a night flight and was alone.

Prior to check in, I was trying to get the Thai address of BW Hiptique as most it is a new hotel and most Thai taxi drivers wouldn't know where it is located. They usually don't really understand english address either. I sent a tweet to @bangkokhiptique and an email to reservation@bkkhiptiquehotel.com asking for the address which received no reply. Ended up calling the hotel to request the receptionist to send me an email containing the address and the map. SInce i am at this e-communication topic, I should also mention that I had emailed the hotel about a week before check in to confirm my room reservation and the booking details. I did not receive any reply from the hotel. What's the point of having an email address and twitter if you do not reply to the messages there?
Check in at BW Hiptique was a slight hassle as the late check out and free upgrade details of my booking were not made clear to the front desk. Although I had to point it out to the receptionist, the air was cleared rather quickly after she made some phone calls.
I stayed in a deluxe room which was fairly spacious yet cosy and well divided by a wide curtain. The bed was super comfortable and I had the best undisturbed sleep in a long time. The amenities and facilities in the room were sophisticated e.g. Plush pillows, bath robe, full length mirror, weighing scale(very important for packing baggage in case of excess weight!). Everything was very new and well positioned. I also used the free tuk tuk service to Nana and Asok BTS stations. They also provide free transport to nearby streets. Walking back to the hotel would require some stamina as BW Hiptique is located at the far end of Soi 13. Having said that, there are many big name hotels in Sukhumvit so finding landmarks is very easy.
The breakfast was rather disappointing with its very limited selection. The day of my breakfast, I had a selection of hot dishes, indian curry potato with peas, fried rice, pumpkin soup and french toasts. There was a small salad and fruit section, cereals, milk, juices and toast. The waiting staff at the hotel weren't exactly hospitable or friendly. I wasn't told that I could order eggs, bacon and sausages. I guess they had forgotten the to-order eggs, bacon and sausages sign as I saw it hidden behind the hot dishes spread and didn't bother to order them cause I thought they weren't available. It was only after another guest ordered some eggs, that I followed suit.

Overall, the hotel was nice but would prefer staying in the pratunam or chitlom area for the superb shopping. Otherwise, if you have business to be in Sukhumvit, BW Hiptique could be a good choice among the smaller hotel establishment in the area. I should also mention that the office manager is very friendly and asks for feedback pro actively. It would be good if the other hotel staff follow his style of customer service.

Room Tip: If he difference is less than USD10 a night, choose to upgrade from a superior to deluxe room. The e...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo