“Small, nice & quiet hotel”
Review of Aspira Hiptique

Aspira Hiptique
Ranked #705 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 21, 2011

The small 7-storey hotel (still new) located in almost the end of Sukhumvit soi 13 (about 700 metre from main Sukhumvit Road.), however, this soi is connected with soi 11, 15 and 19 so quite convenient in term of shortcut in Sukhumvit area. I stayed there last week for 5 nights on the 4th floor. Although the room is small, but it has modern decoration and equipped everything we need, a small closet, a corner for writing, a cable TV, a big built-in sofa, and a comfortable queen size bed. The thing I love most is all the 4 pillows on my bed. They have 2 complement bottled drinking water everyday, and an electric kettle that we can boil water to make tea or coffee (instant), which they provide and refill everyday as well. Oh..I got a PIN for WiFi in my room too, it's included. The toilet/shower area are just comfortable for Asian size. There is no window, but I left early and came back at night so no need to see anything outside the window anyway. The room has some smell of furniture, but it went away after I left air con turn on for a few minutes. The room was clean although their maid always overlooked some spot. The staff and manager are very friendly and helpful. They're on the 7th floor where the reception and restaurant are. Just next to the reception counter, there're 3 PC stations for inhouse guest to connect internet without charge. The hotel provides complement Tuk Tuk service for you to ride to the main street from 8am until I don't remember the time. On your way back to the hotel you can ride a motorbike taxi from Soi 19 or 15, or you can take a cab. Good hotel as a choice for anyone, want to stay near city center.

Room Tip: You may try asking for a room with glass window if you like looking out.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank I_am_Fira
There are newer reviews for Aspira Hiptique

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Still staying here as I'm writing this review. Been staying at many hotels due to Bangkok flooded month and found this place after staying at another hotel last night and weren't very happy. Called them up and they gave me the best rate for staying 5 nights. The room is really modern, though on a small side. It got no windows literally. Not very good for older people. It's more for younger generation or solo traveler. I love modern hotels with flat screen tv so I came here not expecting too much. Normally I'd stay at only 4* hotel but this one is a hidden gem for budget traveler. Location is a bit far from the main road but they have free shuttle to drop you off and very quiet during the night. Also closed enough to soi 11 for nightlife. What makes me happy besides modern room with a flat screen is the staffs. Everyone I came across with are very very helpful and genuine, from a security, front, waiter to a manager. Tonight when I first logged in to wifi in my room, my laptop couldn't connect and they sent help right away twice and now it's working fine!

If you are on a budget but looking for a nice and modern place, this is for you!

Room Tip: Get a room with a window or pay more for a better room if you could afford it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank nimy
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We just can recommend this hotel - it made our last holiday days just perfect!!
The rooms are nice and modern. Unfortunately the smell of the rooms is not always the best – but the director of the hotel insured us that they are working on. The pool as well as the restaurant is great ad you can have a wonderful and relaxing time on the roof above the loud city. It was definitely the best hotel we had during our BKK time!!
The staff (especially Paul, the director) is very kind and extremely helpful - whenever you have a question or a problem they would help you right away. All the recommendations we got from them (spa, transportation, restaurants eg.) were absolutely great and worth seeing/doing it!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank bubuha
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We spent one night in Bangkok Hiptique hotel in couple.
Overall building is nice, with a cool design both at the reception, restaurant and swimming pool area.
Receptionists were friendly but not well trained: we've called them twice to book a cab to go to the airport and found out while leaving that the booking wasn't done. Had to remind them that we drank and eat at their place, otherwise we wouldn't have paid for all extras.
Rooms are nice and cosy, but super small and for ours without window, which is quite disturbing.
Bed wasn't very comfy, and queensize only which is uncommon in Asia ( anyway the room was so small that it couldn't fit a kingsize).
Location is actually very deep in Sukhumvit Soi 11 ( 10 minutes walk from main avenue) but a free tuk tuk is provided and bring you to the metro station. This is not valid on the way back though.
We had a very nice aperitive on the roof top bar ( good cocktails), however Pad Thai ordered by my girlfriend were pretty bad.
Overall and regarding the location, this hotel is good value for money.

Room Tip: Choose a room above third floor, otherwise no window !
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2011

As an expat in Thailand I often spend a few days in Bangkok on business and I am always looking for a decent place to stay away from the madness that can sometimes be found in Bangkok. This place is just off the Sukhumvit Road and just far enough away from all the noise to be an idyllic spot

I stayed for a couple of nights and it was ideal after a day of meetings to relax and unwind. The rooftop bar wasn't quite fully stocked but is just about finished and is a wonderful place to sit with a cold beer and look out over the city.

Staff were very friendly and had excellent language skills. Paul, the front desk manager was always around and I saw that he had a very good way with the guests.

Overall I would say this one of the better places I have stayed in BKK and although I was with work colleagues this would also be a good place to stay with a family due to the location.

Room Tip: Pay a few extra Baht and get a "corner" room if available.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank the_chav
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The Manager speaks PERFECT ENGLISH! This alone makes the hotel a haven when dealing with the many shady affairs of Bangkok. Add to that he is very proficient and helpful and the hotel is already winning.

New, small and nicely fitted out the hotel is quite central, with a small buggy or posh tuk tuk able to take you a few streets away from which you can walk upstairs to the skytrain at NaNa station.

In terms of where the hotel is, its not a great area, but most areas of Bangkok were much the same, lots of lady boys, lots of greedy and dishonest taxi and tuktuk drivers out to rip off tourists. The hotel is hard for people to find, but Soy 13 they seemed to understand best off Sukhumvit Rd as the address.

The rooftop pool and bar were amazing but never open, even when we went there at 6pm and then again at 10pm so Im not sure what was happening there. The breakfast was average but again the price was pretty reasonable and the danishes were pretty good. Cereal, toast, fruit (give the cooked eggs a miss- more milk than egg in mine) and the tea was nice too.

Overall, the room was very tiny but for a quick few days, the bed was super comfy and we were able to enjoy ourselves knowing we were understood and being looked after.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor- no problems to report at all
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JessSamRog
Reviewed September 23, 2011

In a quiet soi, minutes from the heart of the action and you know what to expect,if you've been to Sukhumvit Road. Heaps of noisy bars and walking around downtown and you are hustled every couple of steps. Here, the hotel was the perfect retreat from it all downtown. The review title.Let's explain that. The "Bed and Supper" is the hip place in town somewhere to unwind. And this new Hip Hotel I stayed in has the most perfect beds a must after a long flight.And the "supper" great selection of food good taste. Really didn't need to leave the hotel,you have the option to dine and relax on the rooftop and that I enjoyed the most about my saty there. The staff are real helpful and " thumbs up"really to this hotel.
It was a pleasnt change to some of the other local hotels that are not as good value for money. I frequent Bangkok,so really recommend checking it out. I 'm glad a friend recommended it to me.........

Room Tip: Single remember in Thailand is a double bed, twin that makes sense, that's what you get, twin be...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business