“Quality Italian cuisine & service”

Jojo at The St. Regis Bangkok
Ranked #158 of 11,249 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Jojo offers an exceptional menu of authentic Italian cuisine in elegant contemporary surroundings. The enticing cuisine can be enjoyed with wines from a cellar thoughtfully composed with the connoisseur in mind.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Liked- King Crab Capellini. Pasta good, al dente the way I like it, with decent crab meet and just the right amount of spicy kick.

Burrata and rocket salad. The amount of burrata was staggering, and maybe even a little too much. Burrata seems to be gaining in popularity at the expense of mozzarella di buffala, but I tend to like the better consistency of mozz... I actually think in this case, the amount of burrata might have overpowered the rocket salad a tad for the more normal eater but with my above average appetite, I could not find fault for this... We also had a pizza which was very good as an appetizer. Service was great, present but unobtrusive the way I like it. The manager came over to check on us a couple times, which was just the right amount and tastefully done.

Dislikes- There was a little aggressive air conditioning for me, but besides that, I could find little fault.

5  Thank Voondawg

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I say disappointing from day 1 because we had the misfortune of trying out this restaurant during the grand opening and was surprised by the very so-so quality and flavor that left us with a sour taste for years to come. We thought it may have been a one-off bad day for a brand new restaurant at the time, because surely a venue associated with the St. Regis brand must be able to do better than that. So to give them the benefit of the doubt, we revisited just recently and regret to report that nothing has changed. The extraordinarily mediocre taste and average quality of ingredients used firmly held its ground to this day. The pizza was dry and very salty, the meat, fish course and pasta dishes all turned out boringly bland and almost no flavor whatsoever. Desserts ended the meal with a finale of disappointment - costing more than some of the main dishes, it was prepared with no flair or fuss. Just your everyday pre-prepared taste that can be had at a mass buffet restaurant rather than in what looks like a sophisticated dining venue in a posh hotel.

The only positive aspects about this restaurant is the nice decor and attentive service, which was the saving grace for the evening. But we do not go there to taste the decor, so would we ever go back there again? The answer is clearly NO. Not even for free.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Last evening went to JoJo Italian Restaurant at the St. Regis Bangkok. Disappointment started about from the time of arrival. Had a reservation but they did not seem to care and did not look for it. We were seated by a nice gal and handed menus. Ordered a couple of whiskey sours (the bartendr doesn't know how to make them-beware) and before they were delivered someone, as quick as a Bangkok street stall owner, came to take our order. Hadn't even looked at the menu. Then wanted to sell sparkling or still water and we said 'just regular water' which miffed them but they brought it. Wines are over prices, the staff is on auto-pilot ... meaning they respond to everything as 'great', 'thank you' and walk away ... even when told something isn't right. No spontaneity from the staff or the Western Manager. Food only so so ... nothing to right home about. Usual fare. So would I go back and spend $200US on a meal for two ... NOT in a long while. Better Italian food, service is available in Bangkok. I booked because of the St. Regis name ... not again will I fall into that trap. Must say I thought the decor was very well done ... but one doesn't eat the decor. Kent Maury

1  Thank TheTraveller069
KarenKang, Manager at Jojo at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear “TheTraveller069”,

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring this to our attention and for sharing your comments.

I’m very disappointed to learn that you and your guest did not have an enjoyable dining experience at Jojo and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies. Please let me assure you that I have personally reviewed your comments and shared the feedback with my team. We very much welcome constructive feedback as it can only make us improve the quality of service and products we offer.

With regards to your reservation, we did have it in our system and the team was expecting you at 8.30 pm. We had also made a note that you had wanted to join our terrace party for the 6 to 9 promotion but unfortunately, by the time you arrived the terrace was full and as we could no longer accommodate you and your guest out on the terrace, my colleague suggested a table inside the restaurant. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your whisky sour and we should certainly have acknowledged it and offered you new drinks. Following your feedback I have re-trained our team to ensure the consistency in making classic cocktails according to our standard recipes. Nevertheless, we should also be mindful of personal tastes and accommodate individual requirements of our guests for any of our food and beverage offerings.

Please also accept our apologies for the lack of communication from our team that made you feel like you were rushed into placing your order before you had even received your cocktails. After suggesting bottled mineral water our standard practice is to offer complimentary filtered water to our guests – I have already addressed your comments with the team to ensure that we do not send out the wrong message to our guests and I am extremely sorry that this happened with you.

Once again, allow me to thank you very much for bringing your very valuable feedback to our attention and also for your positive comments on the design of the restaurant. We do hope your recent experience with us will not prevent you from coming back in the not too distant future, as we would appreciate very much another chance to provide you with a much more positive dining experience.

With warm regards,

Renan Astolpho
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Enjoyed a very nice Italian meal at JoJo whilst staying at St Regis Hotel. The new Maitre'd and head chef made us feel most welcome. Good and authentic wine list and a menu, although a little short, which has something for everyone. Will eat here again.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Having dined here before I was curious to see how the new Chef Carlos is working out. And I have to say what a positive change...
The food was delicious, lobster pasta highly recommended as well as the pasta al olio with crab meat.
Outstanding service with a very personal touch. From the Restaurant Manager Renan to the waitress Pook all have been very helpful, knowledgeable and cheerful. Great team which is a pleasure to dine with.
Our 5 year old son was very tired from a day extreme shopping and they even arranged to put 2 chairs together so he can have a little nap while we enjoyed the rest of our dinner.
Can only recommend the place and will for sure return.

5  Thank Flyawayy