“Ok food shocking service”
Review of Thai Room

Thai Room
Ranked #5,849 of 10,929 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Honest Thai cuisine for a very affordable price. Everyone is welcome!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Ok food shocking service”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We've been here three times in the last two weeks. The first two visits were really good. But the third time was appalling.

We were a table of 6 but they seemed to be having trouble coping with a full restaurant. We went upstairs for the first time and the young waitress seemed overwhelmed.

Drinks didn't appear despite asking 5 times. Food took ages and some of it cold. Not a good experience and the cheek of it is they add 10 % service.

Want be going back in a hurry but to be fair, our first two trips were excellent.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Good food, but service could get mixed up”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food here was yummy. I kept going back to this restaurant many times after my colleague first took me there.

But be clear and careful when you order. You better get the waiter/waitress repeat after you order, they tend to mix ur order up. A friend ordered papaya salad, then she clearly asked to cancel it and replace with mango salad. they brought her both and billed both too

Visited November 2012
Khon Kaen, Khon Kaen, Thailand
“Mediocre and a bit pricey”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife had the squid and I had the massaman chicken curry. We both had steamed rice. I had one big Singha beer and my wife had a small bottle of water. Bill was a little over 600 baht and a 10% surcharge added on top of that.

My wife said the squid was better at P Kitchen on Soi 18 and also spicier and a larger quantity. My chicken massaman curry was OK but only one chicken thigh with the potatoes and onions. For 155 baht, there should have been at least two pieces of chicken.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lawrence W
Worcestershire
“Try the massaman curry!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Recommended by a friend of mine, as having the best massaman curry he's tasted in Sukhumvit area. He wasn't wrong!! A touch spicier than normal, but a lovely rich & plentiful sauce, with tender chicken & potatoes. Helping was good size.

I would add I arrived 15 minutes before lunchtime closing (3pm) but was not rushed in any way.

It's located opposite the Queens Park Plaza in soi 22. Not much from the outside, but deserves its TA rating based on my visit.

Visited October 2012
“Smelly but ok food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The restaurant is a little bit anonymous from the outside and can be hard to see but the interior is nice and the food is good.
The only thing that bothered us was the smell that met us when we came in, not sure this happens every day since we ate there once.

Visited September 2012