“Has changed”
Review of Riverside Terrace

Riverside Terrace
Reserve with Chope
Riverside Terrace is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 13,400 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bang Rak
Description: Riverside Terrace is temporarily closed for enhancement starting from 1st of March and will re-open on 14th October 2019.
Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

Myself and mywife were staying at the Shangri la but were eating at the Terrace Rim Naam. We decided to go for a drink first at the hotel. We arrived by boat. There was no real welcome and we found our way into the hotel and through a management get together and into lobby. No staff to be seen. Where is the bar? Which way do we go. We gave up and left. On leaving i asked a member of staff who was at this management meeting. She was nice and showed me to the bar/restaurant area where we sat and had a drink. We then went accross the river to Terrace Rim Naam and had a lovely meal. Also service was excellent. We had stayed a few years ago at Oriental but things have changed as would not have been ignored/lost like on this occassion. Highlight was the Terace Rim Naam.

MOBangkok, Manager at Riverside Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Dear JB4

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am disappointed to read that your recent visit did not fully reach your expectations. I have shared your comments with our team for immediate improvements.

In the meantime, thank you for your kind words about your experience at Terrace Rim Naam.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to redeem ourselves by welcoming you again soon to the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok.

Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

Hubby and l enjoyed dinner at the Mandarin Oriental with Friend of ours, on the 18/2, we observed as follows, and here are both the good points and bad points:

GOOD POINTS:

1. Panoramic views of the riverside. We enjoyed our dinner as many ferries were cruising by packed with holiday makers and a live band on board. We found this quite romantic indeed.

2. Excellent service. Staff at the Riverside Terrace are all attentative, courteous and helpful, especially the manager Mr. Supasit. He really took care of us, especially my husband who is a vegetarian. He also helped me carry my plate back to our table which was full of delicious food from the buffet counter. He is very caring to us and knew how to be friendly with guests.

3. Great food. My husband really enjoyed his French Onion soup, penne with fresh mushrooms, onions and tomatoes (which the Master Chef has specially cooked for him) and the lovely banana split being his favourite desert. I totally loved the tasty buffet offering my favourite seafood and others.

BAD POINTS:

1. Upon making reservation for our dinner personally in the afternoon, the day shift manager told me that there is NO reservation for any non hotel guests. I was so shocked that I haven’t experienced this in any Mandarin Oriental around the world to favour their own guests and discriminate against others.

As Hubby and l are frequent travellers, we usually dine at Mandarin Oriental restaurants in Hong Kong, Macau, London, Paris, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, etc. But this manager seems to struggle to come to come to grips with business reality.

However, even if we may not be able to stay at the Mandarin Oriental in any of the above hotels, we have never been refused to make a reservation for dining at their restaurants. A massive injustice, to say the least.

ADVICE: Go there, whether you are a Hotel Guest or not.

Date of visit: February 2019
MOBangkok, Manager at Riverside Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Dear missatang

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that you joined us at the Riverside Terrace enjoyed your dining experience, especially the service, food offering and atmosphere.

Good note has been taken regarding your feedback about the booking process and will be reviewed for immediate action.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok.

Reviewed February 15, 2019

Once or twice a year, we are in BKK for Business. This year, my sister and her husband joint us to celebrate their 30 wedding anniversary. We had dinner @ the Riverside Terrace BBQ Buffet. Once again, the Location, Food, Service and the Staff were outstanding. For my sister and her husband, it has been the first time @ the Riverside Terrace. They were simply speachless about everything. We thank the Staff and the Management for the perfect Evening! We‘re looking forward to our next visit in 2019!

Date of visit: January 2019
MOBangkok, Manager at Riverside Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2019

Dear Peter W

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you chose the Riverside Terrace for this very special occasion and fully enjoyed the location, food offering and quality of service.

Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed a wonderful BBQ dinner at the river in the Riverside Terrace. We food was fresh, homemade and very tasty. They have a salad bar, fresh seafood from the grill, a BBQ station with juicy meat, a sushi master and sashimi and an amazing dessert buffet with thai and european desserts.
The service was very carrying, helpful and friendly. I never had such a great service in a restaurant in Thailand before.
We went two times to de Riverside Buffet during our Bangkok journey.

Date of visit: February 2019
MOBangkok, Manager at Riverside Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2019

Dear R1597SIsaraha

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant dining experience with us at the Riverside Terrace and glad you enjoyed the food offering and quality of service.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok.

Reviewed January 16, 2019

Have the signature James Bond cocktail late afternoon...we enjoyed the setting and the nibbles with the drinks were just right !!

Date of visit: August 2018
MOBangkok, Manager at Riverside Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2019

Dear l0chmara

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you chose the Riverside Terrace to enjoy the end of your afternoon and glad you appreciated our signature James Bond cocktail.