“Best tailor in Bangkok”

Tailor On Ten
Ranked #11 of 508 Shopping in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We are a Canadian-run tailor in Bangkok offering a true bespoke experience at competitive prices.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE going to BKK in order to make suits please:

Historically, I had several very bad experiences with Bangkok tailors and done a lot of research before I went again during my trip in spring 2012.

Most tailors are on the main Sukhumvit Road full of tourists and try to lure you into their shops. A lot of them have bargain offers combining shirts and suits for a price that sounds too good to be true (and is!). ...these tailors compromise material and quality. And while you end up paying FAR less for your clothes, once back home these clothes are USELESS. So you do not save, you waste your money.

Tailor on Ten is VERY different and I am writing this because it has been the best and only good experience over a time of 7 years trying 4 other tailors. One thing you need to know and appreciate is that tailor made shirts and suits have a rule: If they are too cheap, the material/fabric is cheap. And actually 50% or even more of the price is the raw material. Labor is cheap in Asia in general (while quality differs) and Tailor on Ten has superb international fabrics from which you can choose. They have reasonable fixed prices for these as the prices are already calculated carefully. Thus, if they buy some fabric that is decent, they cannot bargain the price down below the actual material costs. Other tailors use fabrics that have mixed materials in it and not what they claim to be. I had done shirts at other tailors and they all were shrinking. Tailor on Ten's shirts were the BEST I had so far in Bangkok. Same for the suits' fabric and craftsmanship.

The shop is not a tourist attraction that tries to lure you in, make a quick buck and then never see you again. Tailor on Ten builds a RELATIONSHIP with its customers. I had an extremely pleasant experience there. They did not try to talk me into anything but gave genuine advice of what suits me and what not. They took my measurements thoroughly and I got 2 suits and 6 shirts done. ALL OF WHICH are great and I am super happy with after a year. I have dry-cleaned the suits several times and washed the shirts many many more times and they are all still in a superb condition given the excellent fabric quality used.

I furthermore ordered from abroad some additional shirts that were later mailed to me. I am highly satisfied with their quick response and attention to detail. This is customer service you rarely find in Thailand and I can dearly recommend anyone who wants to suit or shirt with a PROPER quality: Give Tailor on Ten a visit and see for yourself. You will not be disappointed!

4  Thank Richard8880

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I just returned from purchasing a suit, some shirts, a jacket and pants. Tailor on Ten is exactly what you want in a Tailor and they deserve to be very successful. I will absolutely purchase again from them because they were timely, patient, friendly, personable and knowledgeable.

It's a hard choice with so many tailors in Bangkok, but I feel confident that this is the right one. Everything was as ordered and fit very well. They didn't hesitate to make any alterations that I needed after my final fitting.

1  Thank Jim O
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner ordered many many shirts from these guys. They were efficient, thorough, and had attention to detail. Excellent range of materials and cuts. Note: no copying garmets for women.

1  Thank Jakalinki
Reviewed January 22, 2013

All other reviews below have attested to the excellent positive experiences with Tailor on Ten - and mine is no different.

In short, three distinct qualities stood out for me

1) Constant communication of expectations and deadlines
My original plan was to make a couple of shirts and pants during my trip over the new year period. However, I was told that this might not be possible due to the heavy workload plus they would have to ship it over to me. I appreciated the candidness of ToT in giving a realistic snapshot of their workload and managing expectations well - instead of overpromising and under-delivering.

2) Excellent service
The end to end process from the moment I first stepped foot into the shop till the time I left was excellent. I never felt rushed, and was given a clear explanation of the different types of fabrics available. Everyone who I met in the shop (Ben, Emilia, Arun, Dev) were equally accommodating.

3) Great finished product
I ended up making only two shirts and one pair of trousers - given the fact that I was not able to try the finished products on before leaving BKK. However, those were unfounded worries. They were delivered to me promptly and I was very happy with the quality and fit of the pieces. They were done exactly as I communicated during my fitting session and no detail was missed out.

Overall, a fantastic experience with ToT and I will definitely be back again!

1  Thank Kenn K
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I simply can't recommend Tailor On Ten enough They are simply outstanding in all aspects. Tailor On Ten is and will be the very best argument for a re-visit to Bangkok very soon.

Best Regards,