“Outstanding Service”

Ranked #321 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Brisbane, Australia
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We've stayed here many times now, but this last trip was exceptional. We continue to choose the Conrad because of its wonderful pool, really handy shopping mall and supermarket, and the good standard and size of apartments. Our family loves this hotel.

Of special mention is the quality of service we received from the F&B staff. Our daughter has coeliac disease, meaning she has a sever allergy to gluten (wheat, barley, rye). We enquired with management prior to arrival, and they ensured that she was provided with her own gluten free bread, muffins, and pancakes for breakfast every day. Lek (the restaurant manager) was outstanding in the level of care she provided to our daughter, overseeing that her meals were individually prepared to ensure no cross contamination occurred. It was amazing.

We were also travelling with friends, one of whom became very unwell. The hotel arranged a doctor immediately, and also continued to follow up on a daily basis after the event. Our friend greatly appreciated management's attention.

Another great stay - we won't stay anywhere else in Bangkok!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on a work trip, fortunately my room rate includes breakfast and WiFi.
Hotel is connected to a mall (All Seasons Plaza) which has a supermarket, Thai Restaurants, an American diner and a Burger King for those who can't get accustomed to Thai food.

Rooms are quite decent sized, the pool and the breakfast (from Conrad Hotel) are nice.
Rooms are furnished with a Playstation 3 which is cool but of no use to most guests.
Service also was quite good, but that's where the praise ends.

Complaints:
1.) Pillow case and bedding have a slight mildew smell, I don't know if it's because of the drying process or whatever, but I did not get one good sleep out of the 4 nights I was there.

2.) The electric water kettle looks like it's been used to filter water in an episode of "Man vs Wild". I daren't make coffee, tea or hot water with it.

3.) After a hectic day I fancied taking a bath, and discovered there's some stains in the bathtub, which isn't uncommon but these are grimes that can be easily cleaned with a towel, so yes I went scrubbing while feeling exhausted.

4.) Door card wouldn't work periodically.

All in all, I wouldn't choose to stay at the same place again, especially since there's an abundance of affordable good hotels in Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nicosia, Cyprus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is great. I love the location. I love the pool. The decor is definatly nothing special. But what i really hate is that every time you come back the hotel after a long days work the chances of your door card working are 75% not working ... 25% working ... then once you make it in the room after a visit to the reception for a recharge on your door card ... There is no wifi signal cause its too weak in the rooms ... So you get a modem ... But does that work? Not really ... does if you call a man to come fix it ... and yes I do know how to restart my computer and the modem mutliple times and allow it to rest before I try to connect ... So enjoy your say somewhere else if your smart ... Unless u like sleeping outside your room and don't use the internet. Bye.

Oh yeah but they did upgrade me once I found a dead cockroach next to the toilet. Not that I asked ... that was a gesture of their own. The door problem happened in all the rooms.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank alexismarda
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Conrad Residences for 1 week in March while on business in Bangkok. Overall a great stay with good service and convenient location. I had a 1 bedroom with mini kitchen area (which I didn't use) but the room was very spacious with nice bed and big bathroom. The service was really good and attentive throughout the week. My complaint and why its not rated excellent is I constantly had trouble with the wireless internet in the room and it was expensive. I ended up only using the free wireless in the lobby of the Conrad Hotel, which was a inconvenient. After my work in Bangkok, I had 1 week of vacation throughout Southeast Asia, but did not want to bring my big suitcase (from 3 weeks of work travel) along with - the concierge let my check my bag for the week while on my travels. This was really helpful and much appreciated!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Katy G
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed 5 nights here recently in mid-Feb as HHonors Gold. As previously mentioned by other reviews, I booked this place knowingly of the limited Elite benefits, mainly only of the wireless Internet being free, which was of good speed.

I arrived using the Skytrain from the airport, interchanging at Phaya Thai station and subsequently arriving at Phloen Chit BTS station, taking a total about 40 mins, costing me THB70. Be aware that Conrad Hotel and Conrad Residences Bangkok are both located in the same complex, All Seasons (for which taxi drivers seems to better know). You can walk towards the hotel in about 7-10 mins from the Phloen Chit BTS, accessible via Wireless Rd (also known locally as Thanon Wittayu - taxis will know the local road name rather than Wireless Rd), or Soi Ruam Rudee (which is actually a bit closer to walk on to the hotel/residences. Alternatively, there is a Conrad/All Seasons shuttle bus that runs from 0700-2100hr to Phloen Chit BTS. Note that on Google Maps, Conrad Hotel has been located closer to BTS Phloen Chit than All Seasons/Conrad Residences but this appears to be inaccurate.

The All Seasons complex also has offices and a shopping mall within it with direct access to the hotel and residences. The shopping mall has all that you need if you choose not to go out, including quite a number of food outlets, Thai massage and supermarket with a food court. The Deli by Conrad, offers 50% discount on pastries, cake and bread between 5 and 8pm. Heading out towards Soi Ruam Rudee heading towards the BTS station, there are some street food stalls and about 2-3 other massage places, cheaper than the one in the shopping mall. There are also some eateries along the soi (lane).

HHonors gold membership was acknowledged at check-in which was smooth and seamless. The reception staff were very helpful and assists with concierge related issues. There are no separate concierge counter in the residences but available at the adjacent Conrad Hotel, where the shuttle bus leaves from.

The studio suite that I had was like a large standard size room but with kitchenette, microwave and a double electronic stove and toaster. There is a mini bar and electrical hot water tumbler. The suite includes a rainshower/removable shower head and bathtub. Amenities were Conrad branded, seagrass scented, which was quite nice. Daily newspaper was automatically delivered. I had no issues that breakfast was not provided as part of the HHonors benefit, as there are lots of options in the shopping mall considering the savings gained staying in the residences over the hotel.

The main reason I stayed at this hotel was for leisure with the excellent fitness centre, group exercise classes options and the swimming pool with steam room, sauna and a large outdoor spa. The pool is an unformed one, probably about 50m in length good for lap swimming. Most of the time there had not been many people in the pool, sometimes having it all to myself. The gym has up to date equipment, with provision of towels and unlimited bottled water supply along with repleanishable apples and bananas. I had the opportunity to experience a morning yoga session that was run outdoors. The session was run in English by a local Thai, Man, that I really appreciated. Do make use of the spa, steam room and sauna that I enjoyed.

There is a jogging track at nearby Lumphini Park, which the hotel provides a map for. Taxi aplenty, just ensure that they use the meter. Location of the hotel is easy to access the Thai Boxing stadium, Silom area and all along Sukhumvit area.

I really enjoyed my stay here, with all levels of service meeting expectations without any qualms at all. The experience is one that had not compromised on the name of Conrad and I do recommend that you consider staying here should you be looking for accommodation in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kenny_Cool
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We are currently staying at this hotel, we are 8 days into a 10 day stay. It is wonderful, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Our 2 bedroom suite is perfect for a family of five with 3 teenagers, an extra bed has been put into the largest bedroom to accommodate them all. The pool is an oasis of calm in this busy city. The breakfast buffet is very nice and caters for everyone. Location of the hotel is great, within walking distance of the sky train. We would definitely return to the Conrad, it is highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Conrad Residence for 1 night before a 2 night weekend Conrad Hotel stay, and 1 night after. We did this as the Hotel prices are lower on weekends (Friday, Saturday nights) than weekdays, while the Thursday and Sunday rates at the Residences were considerably less than the Hotel rates. The Residences and Hotel are in the same building; the Residence lobby (small and unassuming) and elevators are on the other side of the Hotel elevator bank. The first night we were given room 825, a nice large studio room with kitchenette overlooking a garden area beyond the pool. Unfortunately, the right side of the king bed was really soft and the duvet cover was ripped quite bad at the bottom otherwise all was nice. There was a really nice fruit basket in the room and small bouquet of orchids. As other reviewers have commented Hilton Honours status is not recognized at the Residences but we were aware of this ahead of time so we were not disappointed. For the rate difference between the Residence and the Hotel especially on a weekday night – I think not getting the Hilton benefits is worth it if you want to stay in this area. We could eat a lot of breakfast and drink a lot of drinks elsewhere on a lot less than the difference between the Residence and Hotel rates. On our second night (after the weekend at the Hotel) we were given room 1125 - same room just 3 flights up (good bed and good linens this time). At check-in we requested a late checkout of 4pm for the next day which was graciously granted. Instead of kettles the Residence has boiling/heating water jugs; also a small Bodem to make pressed coffee -quite nice. The robes are thin blue cotton (very appropriate for Asia I think) as opposed to thick terry towel at the Hotel. There is also a plastic yellow elephant in the bathtub instead of the white with polka dot one at the Hotel. Both guests of the Hotel and Residences can use the lovely pool, the concierge, the free sky train shuttle, etc. I would recommend that you stay close to the area where you want to be in Bangkok as we found the traffic with car and driver to be horrendous. Sky train and river boat are the way to go. If you want or need to stay in this area then I think the Conrad Residence is a good choice with significantly lower rates than the Conrad Hotel. The large rooms with kitchenette would be good for longer term stays as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple