Conrad Bangkok Residences
$166
Travelocity
$151
$77
All reviewssmall malldining tablebedroom suitethe main hotelshopping complexbreakfast buffetcomfortable stayswimming poolgreat place to staycentral worldmin walkkitchenettesupermarketamenitiesconciergehousekeepingskytrain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked a King Studio (room #925) at the Conrad Residence as I was travelling with a nine-month old baby. In addition to a normal hotel room there was a microwave oven, a cooker and basic dish for four people. The king-sized bed was large enough to accommodate two adults and the baby.

Conrad Residence does not provide free breakfast even for Hilton Hhonors Diamond members. Buffet breakfast in Conrad restaurant costs 750 baht (19 eur) per person, which is quite expensive to Bangkok standards. You won't get any room upgrades either. Internet access is free for elite members.

I had some minor issues with the room upon arrival. I was amazed how quickly they were resolved. Three Conrad team members were sent to the room within 10 minutes of reporting the problems.

There was a power break down on our first night. I understood it was necessary as it was scheduled maintenance. The desktop alarm clock did not workafter power cut (the display was blinking and showing incorrect time). A staff member adjusted the time next day. Not only was the time adjusted, also alarm was set to wake us at midnight. When the alarm sounded, Thanks to Conrad, the baby woke up and started to cry for half an hour.

I received an invitation to watch Chinese New Year show. The letter claimed the programs to start at 8 am. In fact the show started at 9 am so I wasted an hour of valuable sleep time.

The swimming pool is very nice. We used it every day. There were enough free sun loungers to choose from. I was also very satified with the Bodyworks fitness center and the sauna.

The hotel staff was professional, friendly and polite. We received very good housekeeping every day.

I asked for a highchair but did not get one.

Room Tip: If you have Hilton Hhonors elite status, don't book Conrad Residences. Book Conrad Bangkok and you will get benefits.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Touhumieli
Reviewed February 9, 2013

First - I got a great deal to stay here, in what was effectively a studio apartment. But, you might get the same deal...or better! You'd expect great service in Bangkok and you won't be disappointed. Staff are uniformly friendly and helpful. Second - you won't be in the hotel much. So it's good to know it's well placed for exploring the city. You have the BTS just up Wireless Road, plus all the cabs, tuk-tuks and, for the more adventurous, motorbikes. It's a great place in a great location. My single reservation is the pool area. It's too crowded out by other skyscrapers to get much sun. Don't go there if you're just a sunseeker.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is the toughest review I would have written so far. But it is important for me to be fair, honest and candid in order to provide meaningful insight to other readers.

Conrad has 2 properties (Hotel and Residences) adjacent to each other, and on HHonors.com they do show up as separate listings. The rates at the Residences are generally lower than the Hotel with far more spacious accomodations and with full access to all of the Hotel facilities and public areas (as mentioned on the Residences website). So, as any prudent person might do, I made my reservation at the Residences, and as a HHonors Diamond member, I expected the full set of benefits. There was nothing on the Residences website or on the HHonors website to indicate that there are any exceptions to this.

When I checked in, I was surprised to be told that I would not get any breakfast or any upgrade or any access to the Executive Lounge because the Residences did not 'recognize' the Diamond status. After a bit of an ado with the first level manager, they 'graciously' offered to include breakfast, but in the restaurant, not in the Lounge. I refused and insisted on having access to the Lounge as I was entitled, and as clearly and categorically mentioned in the HHonors rules. I also confirmed this with the HHonors service center in the USA. Again, after much ado they checked me into the Hotel so that I could access the Lounge.

I was given a room on the Executive floor, and it was one of the smallest for this category hotel, definitely the smallest of any other Conrad property I have stayed in, and very small by Bangkok standards where suites at half the price of a Conrad room are very common. I made another little stink, and very soon, Salita the Front Office Manager took me under her wings, and thereafter it was smooth sailing for the most part in a very cramped room. To be fair to Salita, she did offer to move me to another room on the 2nd day, but by that time we were too settled to want to move.

This Conrad is a shade of all other Conrads I have stayed in, just not in the same league. It seems no more luxurious than a high end Hilton. On the 2nd day, we returned at 2.30 in the afternoon after a long tiring morning to find that our room had not been serviced yet. All that I got for this was 'sorry for the inconvenience, we will have it serviced right away'. Of course, you will have it serviced right away while I wait in the Lounge all sweaty and dirty. How about something more tangible? That is other than fruits that kept piling up in the room. We get fruits in the room any way, plus there are ample fruits in the Lounge, and we eat them all over Bangkok all day, so what is so special about them? Specially when the fruits are not even the local favorites.

The Lounge is spacious and comfortable with iffy service at best. One morning I did manage to ask the chef for some mangosteens that were just awesome. The breakfast and evening spreads were the usual, nothing special, specially if you are a vegetarian. There were mainly dead animals all around. The Spa is way overpriced for Bangkok even at this category hotel. The concierge desk was very helpful and very knowledgable.

So here is my dilemma. Management, in the form of the Front Office Manager, were trying very hard to please me, but all after the fact, after I raised the issues and made a stink. As the most loyal HHonors member, I was being shortchanged and given all kinds of excuses why my Diamond status is not valid at Residences. They kept insisting that it was HHonors and their website that was at fault, and the HHonors is to be blamed. They refused to accept the simple fact that by listing themselves on the HHonors website and by clearly stating that the Residences guests were entitled to access all the facilities in the Hotel, and the fact that the two properties are joined at the hip, they had no leg to stand on.

At this level, one expects anticipation and exemplary service (even if the guest is wrong which I clearly was not), and not make the guest feel like he has done something wrong and reprimand him for it. There is no excuse for this, no matter how much sugar coating there may be subsequently.

The value threshold for this hotel is $120 all inclusive. There are far better hotels in Bangkok at far lower prices.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ZenHealer7
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I prepaid for a one-bedroom suite for 2 nights for two adults and one child. The suite was spacious, the kitchen was well supplied, the rate was superb and we received a rollaway, international newspapers and late checkout at no additional cost. The Conrad is connected to a mall with a Tops Supermarket and Asia Books, very convenient and located near restaurants and cafes. This is a well-managed property, well maintained, clean, and the staff are responsive and helpful. Definitely a strong recommendation, I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The good reviews are always easy...
Great value for your money with a magnificent breakfast, great pool area, excellent service, great dinner buffet....all in all a perfect 4 day stay for my family with 3 kids between 8 and 12. This was during christmas period and it was faultless.

We will be back!