“Sexy, Groovy and Great”

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection
Ranked #37 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Sexy, Groovy and Great”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at the muse over the weekend for our first time in Thailand.
We only had 30 hours in Bangkok as we were in transit back to Australia from the Middle East.

The Muse made our 'one night in Bangkok' a most enjoyable one!

The location was terrific, and allowed for us to shop, get massages, eat, drink and watch a ping pong show (the Bangkok musts ;) ) all in the 30 hours that we were there.

Check in was fast and easy and even changed us to a non-smoking room after we had requested it and laid in the bed for 20 mins. (We originally wanted smoking room, but to my bf's disappointment I made him move )

Our hotel room was absolutely magnificent! Huge bed, sexy bathroom with shower and separate bath, large closet and amazing view of Bangkok city!

The technology in the room was fantastic large tv, power point adapters and free fast wifi.

Staff were so helpful and happy all the time. Not once did we have to open a door.

Breakfast was prefect! Coming from Israel all we wanted was bacon, so we were incredibly happy to see heaps.

Drinks on the rooftop were beautiful, however a little expensive for Thailand (but to be expected at a hotel)

Unfortunely we didn't have much time to use any of the extra facilities but from what we could see they looked clean and great.

Having just spent 3 weeks overseas the muse hotel was by leaps and bounds the cheapest hotel we stayed in ($140 US), but it was also the best.

I highly recommend The Muse for your Bangkok stay and cannot wait to go back and experience Thailand to its maximum potential!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank April S
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear April S, thank you for such a great review. It is all in the title, love it. Looks like our great team looked after you well and you also enjoyed some of our usual facilities but as you have not had the time to experienced them all I very much hope we can see you again with us very soon

Nicolas Peth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in a Yama residence room. Was lovely. Most comfortable bed ever. The Speak easy rooftop bar was a great attraction and was so close to sky train and other hot spots. Would stay here again but it could do with a tad more lighting. I couldn't see the floor numbers inside the lift it was so dark but I guess that was the ambience they were going for. Breakfast was average.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank islandgirl2112
Dear islandgirl2112, thank you for posting your comment on TA. I would not disagree with you about Muse being Gorgeous and a little bit dark. But it certainly adds to the atmosphere and especially at night when I personally think that the property looks it best. We certainly have taken your comment on board about the lift and Breakfast.

See you again soon

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed only 3 nights at Hotel Muse, our bed was very comfortable, the room- spacious, the breakfast selection was excellent, the location was very convenient to transport and shopping. Polite, courteous staff. The decor is great, food in the restaurant delicious, the roof top bar affords a view while you drink, a little crowded, but I guess that is indicative of its popularity. We didn't have time to use the pool or the spa, but with a bit of luck we will indulge in these next time.
Well done Staff and Management at Muse.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul W, thank you for your comment posted on this site, looks like you experienced most of the facilities we offer and appreciated them all especially the hospitality received from our team. Speakeasy our roof top bar is still the talk of the town and can get very busy so I always recommend going there early to pick the best seats.
See you again soon for some more indulgence

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Second time staying at the Muse this year and it keeps getting better.

Stayed 5 nights this time while attending the Thailand Open (tennis). Also stayed at the nearby Renaissance and while both properties are beautiful, there's something to be said about the smaller, more intimate vibe of the Hotel Muse.

The difference is most noticeable in the small details - the honey for your French toast dripping from an actual honeycomb in the breakfast area, the homemade yogurts (blueberry, strawberry, mango) in lovely individual canisters, the freshly squeezed juices, the clawfoot tub, the lamps that you manually have to turn on and off, just like at home...

A stay at the Muse is akin to staying with a swank friend who's perhaps a fashion designer (if only I had friends with homes like that!): the marble / wood / iron decor is dark which gives off a lounge vibe throughout the property, accented by the trendy low-key music; the four delectable shot glasses upon check-in; the beautiful painted sinks; the eclectic arrangement of picture frames; the mini-bar made to look like a stack of vintage suitcases; and the list goes on.

I can't wait for my next stay here in one of my favorite cities in the world!

Tips:
* Breakfast was something I looked forward to all day. It's not a huge selection like you'd have at the Hyatt or Renaissance, but it makes up for it in quality - the generous cheese selection and healthy fruit / yogurt toppings were great. Plan to have a huge breakfast, maybe some street food snacks in the early afternoon and you're set for a great dinner.
* Breakfast can get really busy at around 9:30-10:00, with a wait for tables. Plan accordingly.
* The hotel is on a one-way street which makes taking the tuk-tuk a bit of a round-about chore. If you can walk the 7-8 minutes, do it.
* The hotel has tons of little nooks and crannies, each with little vintage touches. Set aside a few minutes to explore these!

For more on my favorite Bangkok street foods, check out my blog: http://flyicarusfly.com/life-beyond-pad-thai/

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jt10s
Dear jt10s, thank you very much for your extensive and beautiful review about Muse and great blog by the way. I don’t feel I need to add anything else.I might have been sitting not far from you at the open final. See you next time around no doubt

Best for now

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is beautiful. Every bit of space in the rooms, elevators, the rooftop bar and the lobby has been tastefully designed with great attention to detail. The bathrooms have claw-foot bathtubs and hand-painted basins. The hotel is well located for a city trip, especially if you plan on shopping. Siam Paragon is a 20 minute walk away and The BTS station is about a five minute walk from the hotel. The staff is attentive and the service is top notch. We requested a late check out and were assisted without any fuss.The only negative is the breakfast. I stayed for four nights and felt it was too repetitive and grew tired of it. It was the exact same spread everyday. The quality of a few breakfast dishes, especially the pancakes need improvement.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear KanikaGandhi, thank you for posting such a lovely review on TA. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our design, location and the hospitality delivered by our team. I have certainly taken on board your comment about the breakfast and especially the pancake.
See you again very soon I hope

Lima, Peru
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Let's face it; while staying in hotels you would like to feel special by being recognized and addressed by name. These guy's get it! From the guest relations manager that greeted us on arrival (and gave us a free late check out until 6pm, thank you Miss Jael) to the concierge & doorgirl to the F&B waitress... they knew who I was, which room I stayed, where I traveled from and where I was going to go next. Impressive. The concierge helped me sending a parcel to Europe and that was sorted withing 2 minutes. Bed is on of the best beds I have ever slept in. Breakfast is very good, gym small but nice. Lobby looks amazing but since it's small it looks busy if there are 4 guests...
Some points for improvement: toilet is all open with no way to close blinds. Not nice, I had to go to use the toilet in the lobby to get some privacy. As well service in the roof-top bar was very very slow. Had to ask 3 times for an ash-tray and ended up getting it myself. (atmosphere with DJ is great though).
Overall good stay, good value for money. For sure I will go back there next time I'm in Bangkok

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gonzalez84
Dear Gonzalez17, thank you very much for posting your comment on TA. This is the type of review that GM loves the most when customers are simply raving about the service provided. Jael is our Guest service Manager and her role is to please people. We are extremely happy to have her with us and she definitely is a great asset to Muse. As for the privacy in the toilet there is an electric privacy blind but the switch is a little bit out of view by the side of the hand basin in the bathroom. Next time you are back we shall show it to you. See you again soon then.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Arrived at the hotel at 8.30pm after a 13 hour flight from Europe, check in is quite informal, 4 small business style low level desk with chairs in front of them greet you, was checked in swiftly only to be asked to take a seat on the sofa as my room was not ready, at 8.30 at night I expect no delay in getting to my room, after about 10 minutes I was shown to the elevator and told my room was on the 18th floor, most hotels at this level would escort you to the room.

My room was in the Yama Category and was spacious and very comfortable, the air conditioning was efficient and the housekeeping was prompt. Room service was excellent and it is great that if you have breakfast included in your rate you can take it in the room.

Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was only average and seemed to be cramped,

I ate in the Italian Restaurant Medici on one of my nights and this was exceptional, from the food to the service to the fantastic opera, its definitely worth a try.

The pool was nothing special and definitely too small for the number of guests in the hotel.

In all my visits to Bangkok (normally 2/3 a year) I have never come across such unfriendly service from the front desk staff, this really lets the hotel down and definitely needs to be addressed. if you stopped off to ask a question it seemed as you were bothing them.

Check out was very slow as I wanted to redeem some Accor Frequent stay vouchers to me account, the clerk had a problem processing them and I was told to 'sit over there until I have sorted them' again Accor give these vouchers so they should be no problem in redeeming them.

The big question is would I stay again>> Im still quite undecided, the Sofitel although a lot bigger to me offered a much personal service than The Muse, perhaps the GM of the Muse might want t send his Front Desk staff to the Sofitel Club Millesime area of the hotel in Bangkok as they seem to have got it right for training.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear ukairpilot, thank you very much for your review posted on TA and of course thank you very much for your constructive feedback. Quite a few things went very well by the look of it but it is clear from your comment that it was not all perfect. Please accept my most sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. I have taken your points on board and will personally review with the team especially the non-friendliness of our front desk team, something very atypical of what you normally read on this site but never the less we do value your comment. Cross training could help you are right but I have no doubt that the team here would be very eager to put it right by themselves as they are normally passionate about what they do
Thank you again and hopefully we can regain your confidence during your next visit with us