“Could be better”

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection
Ranked #34 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have been staying at Hotel Muse many times in my visits to Bangkok and I find the hotel nice, well decorated and well located. It is a nice propriety with a fine dining Italian restaurant and a nice high floor terrace with bar lounge. The hotel is rating as 5 stars and it could well be if the staff could be a bit more helpful. We are traveling with our 14 month old son and at the moment of my reservation I have asked if I cold find in our room a baby cot and a milk bottle sterilizer. As we were ruing late I have called the hotel to advise of our late check in. It took me 15 minutes before anybody could find my reservation, I have been passed thought 4 times to different persons, finally they have found it. I have reminded them of the baby cot and bottle sterilizer and ask if they could book a table for two at the Italian restaurant, the front desk has told me that the reservation should be made by myself and she pass the line to the restaurant where I have to spell my name for the 5th time in 15 minutes. Ones check in I have asked again for baby cot and bottle sterilizer, just to make sure. We went to our room and baby cot and bottle sterilizer were not there yet so I have waited for 30 minutes and then decide to call again as it was time for my son to sleep. Finally we have got what we have asked for many times. It is not a big deal but if you want to sell this property and a luxury 5 stars boutique hotel they should improve the standard of service. We will be back as it is a nice place to spend a few nights.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank andybony_99
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear andybony_99, thank you for posting your constructive review on TA. I was very sorry at the shortcomings you experienced during your recent stay; please accept my personal apology for any inconvenience caused. Clearly a breakdown in communication between departments. It does not happen very often but never the less it still does and it comes as a sharp reminder that complacency at our level is not an option. Good job you have stayed with us before and you know our usual level of hospitality so you are able to see through it but most people would not give us a second chance so thank you so much for letting us know first of all and secondly thank you for considering us for a future stay. We have of course taken your comment on board and can assure you that appropriate steps have been taken with all involved to make sure that similar situation is not repeated

There are newer reviews for Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Could not fault any aspect, room, sky bar, pool, never tried restaurant but room service excellent, Nick had a great birthday..............us too. Left my golf shoes in the taxi, the muse staff jumped a cab and chased him down, wow what service......

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank barryJakarta

Dear barryJakarta, sounds like you guys had a great experience, hope it was not reminiscence of “The Hangover Two” movie; after all we also have “Speakeasie” our own roof top bar. As for the shoes in the taxi I would not expect anything else from the porter team.
Let’s hope you can come back soon for some more

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel is loosely themed around the 'Golden Twenties', with Art Deco stylings and a strong sense of branding throughout.

Service is excellent-charming, friendly and personal-we don't like an overly attentive approach and prefer to be left to our own devices, which the perceptive staff picked up on and did, without leaving us feeling neglected-a difficult balance!

The room (a Dusit Duplex Suite) was great-luxurious yet functional. Particular highlights were the incredibly comfortable couch and bed, and the commanding views of Bangkok from the 17th/18th floor windows. Only slight gripe was the inconvenient placement of the light switches & coffee machine.

The facilities were excellent. There's an infinity pool on the 19th floor with a breathtaking view of the city, and saunas in the male & female locker rooms. There's a gym, too, with all the usual stuff.

The Speakeasy bar was the standout for us-as the name suggests, it's themed after an underground booze club from Prohibition-era America. Low lights, jazz giving way to funky house later, a balcony bar, a rooftop bar, the wonderful blind pig cigar lounge (with complimentary smoking jackets!) and some of the best cocktails in Bangkok all made this place something very special. It was quite quiet on the evening we were there, but it still felt like there was a buzz about the place, and we were able to use one of the private balconies which was a nice touch.

We ate a Su Tha Ros (Thai restaurant on 19th floor) twice. Dinner was delicious, again with wonderful views over the city (try and sit next to the window!). I had the river prawn in chilli & lime, my partner had the salad of grilled eggplant, minced pork and boiled egg. Both were well executed, bursting with flavour. Be warned: here, spicy really does mean spicy! Breakfast was a standard (but good) buffet with a decent selection of Western and Thai dishes. The fruit juice was amazing!

The location is excellent-in a lovely upscale area of Bangkok, 5 minutes walk to Chit Lom BTS station which is very central on the network. (The BTS (and the Chao Praya boat for the old town) is definitely the best way to get around the city as the traffic often snares your taxi for ages!)

Overall, we had a wonderful experience here, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to people looking for a bit of luxury without the corporate feel of some of the larger hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Adam B

Dear Adam B, Thank you very much for your very positive review on TA. I am glad you had a great experience with us and especially appreciated the hospitality offered by our team as well as your room and our Bars and Restaurants. Speakeasy our own roof top bar was awarded this year World Best Bar Asia and Su Tha Ros our Thai restaurant is headed by Chef Purida, winner of “Iron Chef Thailand” a couple of years back so hopefully we are in good hands.
Thank you for your recommendations to other and we hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at The Muse from 29 jun-2jul 2013. The staff was amazingly helpful and always at your service, many other hotels may have similar or even better hardware, but I must say the staff makes the difference here. Of course the concept of the hotel are amazing...you just have to experience it yourself to believe and enjoy the hospitality and hardware which other hotels talks about.Thank you Staff n Mgt of Muse for the extraordinary experienced and services rendered.
Osman Lee( Singapore)

Room Tip: The corner rooms are just fantastic.infact all rooms are unique on its own.you sure love them.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear osman l, WOW!!! What a great review. On behalf of the entire team here at Muse I would like to thank you for such great comment. Everyone in our team appreciate when their effort have been noticed. You have just made 220 people very happy today.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed July 16, 2013

What an excellent place to stay and eat...

It's a refreshing break from the traditional 5 Star places to stay in Bangkok

From the roof top bar (Speakeasy) to the Italian (Medici) downstairs this place just oozes class and it should be on everyone's list for a visit and some fantastic food

We only had 3 nights here and wish we had more, The staff are extremely helpful and helpful, the facilities are first class and the location is pretty much ideal

If you are in Bangkok I would recommend this place over many others that I have stayed at

Room Tip: Ask for a Yama room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn F

Dear Glenn F, thank you for posting your great review and for being telling us we are a refreshing experience from other 5 star hotels in Bangkok. Well our interior design certainly is but by the look of it our hospitality provided by our fantastic staff and our restaurants and bars also are. Speakeasy our roof top bar is the place to see and be seen and Medici our Italian Kitchen (with live opera singer) has been very popular from day one. I am glad you liked them both. Thank you for your recommendations and we hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Muse hotel is pretty dramatic with dark wood interiors and large well designed rooms. Bathrooms are amazing however in true Thailand style there is always a funny drainage smell lingering. This is literally the only complaint I have. Great service, amazing check in complete with chilled Lychee juice and a friendly chat. The bars and restaurants are also top notch. Tuk tuk to the subway is a nice touch too. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear mywelltraveledfriend, thank you for your short review on TA. Hotel Muse is definitely unique on the Bangkok hotel scene with our “Vintage” style. Glad you enjoyed our hospitality and our Restaurants and Bar. Our local area as experienced some drainage issues lately due to some construction work happening in our neighborhood but it is all back in order now, I am very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Muse for 3 nights, it was a perfect experience. From the moment you arrive the hotel staff greet you with a cool towel and welcome cocktails. The hotel itself is a gorgeous sight and has such grand ambiance. The decor is very reminiscence of the 1930's - 40's very Gatsby like. The rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated as well, and very clean. The shower and tub were exceptional and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was included in my room price and was absolutely amazing. They served everything from western style omelets, thai food, fresh fruit, cheeses anything you could possibly want and everything was delicious. The pool is quaint but has a phenomenal view of the city. At night make sure to go to the Speakeasy lounge and take in the view. The food is very good there also. I would highly suggest this hotel. The location is excellent, I was able to walk to the BTS in 6 minutes, the neighborhood is very nice, very convenient.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the fantastic breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear LovelyDK fantastic review thank you. Yes the great Gatsby is a very good way to describe our interior design. Thank you also for describing our breakfast, there is something for everyone. And for our very own roof top bar Speakeasy well it is still the place to see and be seen in Bangkok.

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future