“Lovely Lovely Lovely”

Ranked #33 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur
“Lovely Lovely Lovely”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Spent 4 nights at Hotel Muse Bangkok last week while on official work to Bangkok. It was defintely very different from most of the other run of the mill hotels I usually stay. Upon check-in, I was assigned a "non-smoking" room on the 14th floor. However, upon entering the room, I found it to be badly smelling of smoke. Even the Bellhop taking my luggage up agreed. The room was changed immediately and I was re-assigned to a room on the 11th floor. Everything from the Breakfast to the In-room Amenities to the different facilities were lovely. The staff were second to none. Always with a smile on their place. Special recognition to Johan, the Manager of The Speakeasy. He spent over one hour at the bar giving me speaking and also buying a round of drinks....

The only two faults that I could honestly find was that the shower pressure was much lower than ideal and one day I found out at 4pm that my room was not yet made. The Thai Food ordered through Room-service was also a bit too "westernised" for my taste.

Henceforth, I plan on staying at Muse for all my future trips to Bangkok.

The hotel should definitely open a spa or collaborate with many spas in the area to offer services in premises.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear KL_Banker, thank you for your well…lovely review. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience with the smoking room, this is the second time it is reported on TA over the past few days and clearly it should not happened, I have discussed the issue with Khun Tua our head housekeeper to make sure that Non Somoking means…non smoking. Glad the hospitality offered by our team was up to your expectations, the team is a real credit to our property. Thank you for the constructive feedback also well noted on my agenda. I would love to add a spa in the future
Well see you soon then

Best Regards

Nicolas Peth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
khon kaen
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Me and my girlfriend spend the nigth there and we end up staying an extra day just to enjoy the hotel.

Medici restaurant was an amazing experience. The chef came to ask us how as our meal and talk to us little bit. Small gesture but mean lots. The staff was great.

Muse hotel is on my top 3 hotel around the world for money/value.
I recommend this hotel to everybody that want to enjoy a beautiful stay in a luxury hotel without spending a fortune

Only thing i dont like is there no motobike taxi close but the fact that bts is at 2 min walk compensate for it

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dominiccarrier, thank you for posting your review on TA.Glad you had a great experience.WOW!!!this is a statement, out of more than 700 hotels in BKK it is great to be considered as one of the top one. Yes I think we are great value for money and we intend to stay like that. We might not have motorbike (highly dangerous) but we have our private Tuk Tuk to take you to the BTS station.
Anyway thank you for the feedback and hope to see you again very soon

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have just returned from spending 3 nights at this lovely boutique hotel. Charming, interesting, convenient, clean with amazing staff who certainly know the meaning of service. Food was great and not expensive. Breakfast buffet was high quality with so much variety you would be hard to please if you couldn't find something different to eat every day of the week. The gym was very well appointed with good quality equpment and the pool was perfectly situated, not large but great for laps. The bars/restaurants were all different and interesting with amazing views and ambience from the 19th and 24th floors. Our room was faultless with the most beautiful king bed with crisp white sheets. Room service was brilliant. The location was very convenient to great shopping centres, the BST which is really easy to use and lots of cafes and cheap massage places. I read many reviews before we booked particularly the negative ones and I have to say you must be very hard to please if you can find fault with this hotel. From check in to check out we could find not one reason to complain. Congratulations to the staff of this fine Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jenny G, thank you for your very sweet review about Muse, delighted to read that you had such a faultless experience. So many of our usual selling points are in your feedback, beds again…but of course the hospitality offered by our staff is the most important to me. As for other reviewers being not so happy (they aren’t that many) it is what makes this site so special and this is why I pay so much attention to it.
Congratulations for your great review and hope to see you again with us very soon

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My title sums up the hotel. Its an excellent small boutique hotel which provides an excellent customer service. It also has one of the best roof top bars that provides good quality cocktails and spirits. Also don't miss their italian restaurent as it has one of the finest Italian food with a great ambience. As some of the fellow travellers have mentioned here, their mattress and pillow is one of the best and a good sleep is definitely guaranteed.
However, the rooms were not up to my expectations. Please don't get me wrong here. it's a great room with good decor(stayed in yama residence) but for some reason there was no "WOW" factor.(may be i had a high expectation based on the reviews). Its also worth mentioning that there were some minor maintenance issues noticed(TV not working initially,bathtub lacking stopper,reception area needs some uplift). But all this initial minor glitches were offset by the people around with their amazing customer service.

All in all, this is definitely one of the best hotels in bangkok and has nicely packaged it well. Trust me- You won't regret staying there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear rajeevemirates, thank you for posting your review on TA. Yes I very much share your opinion that your title sums it up and I thank you also for the great recommendations to others. Got the point about the Yama residence and the team here is working on some special added value to be introduce soon, watch this space…

As for the rest you said it all, Speakeasy, Medici, Bed, Staff…..the usual

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel offered a nice start to our stay in Bangkok,it is close to the BTS and some nice restaurants on both ends of the street. A young man by the name of Tommy really helped us in our 5 night stay with places to go,restaurants that where local and close,he really made our stay special. The only downside is the rooms are a little dark and breakfast while in nice restaurant was always the same and just ok. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jay3334, thank you for posting your great review on TA. Glad you had a great experience with us. Tommy is part of our concierge team and we are very pleased to have him in the team, I have personally conveyed your positive comment to him. Thank you also for the constructive remark about our room being a little bit dark and our breakfast, we do listen.
Let’s hope we can see you again soon then

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We just spent one night here and it was a quirky hotel. We booked one of the suites and it was a 2 story apartment. But we felt it was strangely poky and the stairs really steep. (I slipped down them during the night).

I wanted to stay here because some friends raved about it but I have to say I prefer the Sofitel So or Pullman King Power. Just a personal preference.

The restaurant was really nice, breakfast great and nice location.

1 Thank PabloInkosi
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear PabloInkosi, thank you for your review on TA. You stayed in one of our Dusit Duplex, they are great for family, parents upstairs and kids in the lounge area downstairs. What were you doing in the steps in the middle of the night?? Toilets are upstairs…..hope you are ok
So and Kind Power are great places too and part of ACCOR of course
Let’s hope we can tempt you back soon, I recommend the Neeman suite (no steps)

Gorinchem, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Overall a pleasant experience.
Checking in was quick. Non-smoking was requested and confirmed. First we received a room that had a strange odor to it. After a while I discovered an ash-tray on the desk which explained.. complained to the manager and was shown two other non-smoking rooms. The first had extremely bad sigaret smell. The manager explained that usually they put an ionizer in the room for a couple of hours and then declare the room non-smoking.
I think it's virtually impossible for such a device to clear all sigarette odor especially if you leave an ash-tray in the room. Second room shown was nice and fresh so after all we had a pleasant and comfortable place to stay.
Ambience is a bit darkish but that's of course part of the boutique style decoration (which is a bit over the top to my taste, felt a bit like entering a disney attraction at the elevators).
Beds are very comfortable, bathroom perfect with all amenities present.
Location is convenient. 15 minute walk to Central World and 20-25 to Siam Paragon. The hotel has their own Tuk-tuk service to other nearby locations. A signature Starbucks has just opened 1 minute down the street. Great for a quick and simple breakfast in the morning.

All in all an honest, friendly hotel that offers good value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear cowchaser, thank you for posting your review on TA, glad you had a pleasant experience with us and sorry about the issue with the non-smoking room, our housekeeping team should really pay more attention to it. As a non-smoker (except a few cigars there and then) I have personally spoken to them about the issue. Our style and interior décor is unique and blend old Siam with Art Deco Europe as it reflect the golden age of travelling in the 20’s-30’s
As for our great location so often mentioned on this site it is one of our main selling point
Thank you again and hope to see you soon