“Mostly good...”

Ranked #33 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Oslo
“Mostly good...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Had a good stay at Hotel Muse. Not perfect, but all in all good.

Pro's:
-Nice decor and design
-Good location
-Helpful and nice staff
-The Bed=Heaven!
-Small gym, but with talented and helpful fitness instructor called Alex.

Con's:
-Charged our credit card 15 000 bath upon arrival as a "security deposit" altough our room was prepaid. They did not "reserve" the amount as many other hotels, but charged it so it would take 14- days after checkout for us to get the money back. This is really absurd. And the worst thing is when checking out they charged the amount for the minibar and food/drinks from the rooftop bar in addition. They did not take it from the allready charged amount. Have stayed in 5*star hotels in Bangkok before and never experienced this. We will not stay at hotel Muse again until they change this practice.
-The cleaning were so-so. The bathroom mirror and other surfaces remained dusty through our entire stay. Not big deal for us, but really not 5* quality.
-Speaksy bar was a dissapointment. The view is great, but the drinks were nothing special, the food was not really good and the service was bad, no smiles and took forever to order and bring the check.

All in all a good stay, but there are better options in Bangkok in this price range..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Schaferhunden, thank you for your very good and constructive comment, the Pro’s are the usual one so I shall go directly to the Con’s, I am very sorry for the problem with you Card, 15 000THB was far too much and as a result the receptionist decided not to use the approval code for the limited extra so you could get the money back quicker. He was trying to be helpful but he did not explain it clearly to you, please accept my personal apology for any inconvenience caused. This is the second time in a short period that it comes up on this site and as such we have changed our policy to make sure that we do not disappoint our customer any longer….we do listen
In the meantime I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Nicolas Peth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Muse Hotel is still currently my favorite hotel in Bangkok for a nice relaxing stay. I have stayed at the muse on three separate occasions now and have really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is great and it is located in a nice part of Bangkok that is far away from the noise but close enough to have relatively easy access to the BTS and get to anywhere in the city. The hotel rooftop bar “The Speakeasy” is better then I remembered it and now appears to have a western manager which might be why. The drinks are still a little pricey but they have great views of the city and a dj spinning nice tracks. My only grip is that I stayed in a muse residence king room and it does not seem to be worth the extra money. The only benefit that I saw was that I got a room on a higher floor for an extra an extra $50. One of the added benefits that they gave on my last stay on the residence floor in October was Morten Brown UK shampoo and soap but now they just give the standard hotel soap. While I still really like this hotel I would not recommend the value of the residence king rooms and I will probably just stay in a regular deluxe room on my next stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WorldTravelerNYC123j, thank you for your review on TA, always great to hear that we are the new favorite especially for a return customer. Hopefully Speakeasy should get better and better as we apply some changes all the time following guest reviews and comment. Our Yama residence are a little bit more spacious, on a higher floor with better view and not so much disturbance compare to the traditional rooms hence the small difference in price
Thank you again for your comment and hopefully we can see you again very soon

Luang Prabang, Laos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Have been to Bangkok a number of times and stayed in various hotels - this is the best boutique hotel I've stayed in. In a great location, great service from a very courteous and friendly staff. Liked the personal old world service. The room was great - and the bed - one of the best I've ever had - so comfortable. Will certainly be staying here again. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank aphk
Dear aphk, thank you for your short but wonderful review, glad you enjoyed Muse so much and especially the hospitality received from our staff. Thank you for your recommendation and see you soon

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I thought Hotel Muse was exactly what we wanted for our stay in Bangkok. Very comfortable boutique hotel with a luxurious feel. Upon arrival we walked into a very dark reception area. It turned out it was Earth hour and the hotel staff explained in a very sweet way that it was for a good cause so only using small low energy bulbs was worth it for an hour. I thought that was cute. The hotel itself is elegant and the rooftop pool and bar are both really fantastic. We had a corner room that was very spacious and had a good rain shower, comfy beds and great robes. Clean and neat, good staff, great concierge. Overall I have nothing bad to say about this place. I would recommend it to others and I would stay there again if ever in Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SwedeAbroad11, thank you for your very good review on TA, glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Earth hour was cool and I am so happy you saw the positive side of it arriving in the middle of it with a very dark lobby. Thank you for your recommendation and hopefully it won’t be too long before you are in Bangkok again

Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Muse is a boutique hotel combining contemporary design with the elegance of the golden age of late 19th.Centuary Siam- a living tribute of a beloved King, Rama V with it' majestic ceilings,arches and staircases together with gracious furniture all combining to create an atmosphere of peace and tranquillity.It is set near to the foreign embassies and great shopping malls.A free shuttle service is provided to the malls and the sky train.
The bedrooms are large with black marble and teak floors with a king sized bed and luxurious linen.The bathroom in black marble has a large free standing bath and a large shower recess - the towels and toiletries are fifer class.
Breakfast on the 19 th floor from 6.30-10.30am is excellent with quiet gracious service.Later this restaurant has a Thai menu for lunch and dinner and serves afternoon tea.There is also an Italian restaurant,The Medici on the lower ground floor.
The 24th and25 th lloors are gems with a Terrace Bar,3 private dining rooms, a Long Bar and much more!!!
the food is Tapas in style and it was voted Best Asian Bar 2013.
On the 19 th.floor is the endless pool, sauna ,fitness centre and Pool Bar -a great area to relax and feel you are swimming in the sky scrapers of modern Bangkok.
Great value,ambience and gracious service.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Donald B
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Donald B, thank you for posting your comprehensive review on TA, looks like you have just posted the perfect description of Hotel Muse, thank you for that. Glad to read that you enjoyed our facilities and what Muse as to offer without forgetting our service and hospitality
Hope to see you soon gain

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Beautiful hotel with luxe finishings and elegant, old-world design. Huge spacious room with very comfortable bed. Overall I am happy with my stay, but for a few unfortunate occurrences.

Firstly, a large piece of marble fell off my bathroom wall and broke on the floor. I was lucky to have avoided being injured as I had just moved away from the area where it fell. I reported this occurrence and the hotel offered me a free drink on the rooftop bar as a form of apology, which was a nice gesture but I couldn't help thinking I was indeed very lucky to have escaped injury.

Secondly, the layout of the bathroom is poorly designed, creating a narrow area where I scraped and bruised my arm on the marble corner jutting out.

Thirdly, there was a day when housekeeping left a puddle of soapy water on the room floor, which could have proved dangerous as it is a marble floor. A little disappointed considering I had higher expectations of this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lunezero, thank you for posting your review on TA and thank you for your constructive feedback. Please accept my sincere apology for the incident with the marble piece in your bathroom, clearly a defect from our contractor (Muse is only just over a year old) and I am so glad that you were unhurt. It has since been fixed and we have inspected the entire bathroom to make sure that everything is as it should be. Clearly this put you on the “back foot” with us and again I am terribly sorry that we did not meet your expectations
Let’s hope we can regain the confidence you placed in us in the first place on a return visit

Zurich / Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I loved this hotel - the rooms are spacious, modern and come with a beautiful bathroom. Locaiton is outstanding. The minibar comes with larger bottles of Gin and Vodka - and proper glasses! The pool on the 19th floor is great. Staff and the rooftop bar are excellent. I really have to say this hotel compares very favorably with other high end Bangkok hotels. With the great rate we got, this was truly the best value for money I ever had at any hotel.
There are minor points that could be improved - there is only a limited number of sun beds at the pool (which may be important during the hot season), the wait for the elevators can be rather long. But these are minor points that should not distract from the benefits of this great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maddog2000
Dear maddog2000, thank you for you review on TA, well if you look on our website carefully and you plan your journey in advance we offer some very serious deal to keep Muse a great value for money place. As for the interior design, location, service and Speakeasy I think a lot has been said on this site but I am glad that you enjoyed them all
Hope to see you again very soon