“great stylish hotel!”

Ranked #34 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“great stylish hotel!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here in February and was pleasantly surprised.... It was decorated beautifully, breakfast was A+, staff were as helpful as they could be and overall had a lovely stay! I will be back here definitely next time I visit! thanks for such an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed February 2013
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear tee_raw, thank you for posting your review on TA site, delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and that you are already thinking of your next visit. Our decoration and vintage feel is like no other in Bangkok mixing old Siam with Art deco Europe so we certainly have plenty of style as opposed to the army of bland and impersonal tower glass in Bangkok

Looking forward to welcoming you back for another lovely stay

Best Regards

Nicolas Peth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Malibu, California
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at the Muse hotel for seven days and can say that it really is a five star boutuque hotel. The five star label is based on the luxurious rooms, amenities, the gym, pool, breakfast, reception, free internet, staff and every other feature of the hotel. The boutique feature I would guess is attributable to its small lobby which is not a scene like in many larger chains. The Internet is free and accessible from your room or poolside and worked just fine. As people have said the pool area is small with only about 6 or 7 loungers so you cannot count on finding a place to sit if you come at a busy time. But the location of the pool and the view make up for any shortcomings. The Skybar on the roof has spectacular views in the evening. The location is as everyone says in a quiet neighborhood with limited but quality vendors. The adjacent Starbucks is closed for remodeling until April. Immediately next door is a great and inexpensive professional massage shop. Down the street is a series of restaurants/bars which have abundant outdoor seating where you can sit and enjoy the tepid evenings. Plus I asked for a late checkout at 1 pm and was granted it in an instant. I do not have anything really bad to say about the hotel and would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Taniquan
Dear Taniquan, thank you for posting a 5 star review, glad that you very much enjoyed your stay with us describing Muse very well in my opinion (but I am not very impartial am i?) anyway I like your review and the way you have recommended our beautiful hotel and its surrounding.
Thank you and hope to see you very soon

Washington, DC
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Muse during my five-day visit to Bangkok. My visit was restful thanks to the Hotel Muse. My room was pleasant and clean, the staff was very helpful, and my included breakfast was nice. The hotel is on Langsuan Road and was very convenient to nice restaurants, shopping, and business. I enjoyed and appreciated the decor and ambiance of Hotel Muse and look forward to a future visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Doug R, thank you for posting your review on TA. Looks like you have enjoyed most of the facilities, service and hospitality that have made us so successful on this site. A special thank you for mentioning our staff, like I very often say they are a credit to Muse and are doing the utmost to please our customer. We are too looking forward to a return visit

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

These pictures were taken over the course of two evenings back in early November 2012, when Daniel Loo and I couldn't help but have dinner at Medici two nights in a row. The service and ambiance was superb and the food sensational. Probably one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever been to thus far.

Also highly recommended is the Hotel Muse (Where the restaurant is situated at) on Langsuan in the royal district. Think of the hit series "Boardwalk Empire" during the roaring 1920s, with its Art Deco ethos and Über cool clientele consisting of Bangkok's Royals and the jet set crowd..

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room with the swimming pool view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kok222, thank you for posting such a great review about both Muse and Medici Kitchen and Bar. Medici has its on TA site so you might want to place a review on it, look for Medici Kitchen and Bar in Bangkok. Muse is as you describe it a modern building with a Vintage feel, gangster style I agree with our very own Speakeasy on the top floor. Medici has just been awarded by tattler Magazine “Thailand Best Restaurant” and there is no doubt that it is the place to see and been seen.

See you very soon

bournemouth
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stop over in Bangkok quite frequently, recently we had our first visit to Hotel Muse and discovered a little gem, Its perfectly placed for shopping at MBK, Paragon, and Central World, all walking distance about 10-15 mins.
Upon arrival we were greeted at reception with a welcome drink and a smile, I did find that the reception area is very dark, I know that this is the style of the hotel but I still feel that more lighting in an area like the reception should have more light for dealing with check in and check out.
We were taken up to our rooms by reception and I have to say that the rooms were amazing, I think I would have to say the best I have had during all my stays in Bangkok, So So comfortable beds, the most wonderful pillows and the best nights sleep ever, the rooms are done in a french style, classic, with a luxury feel, quality bed linen that feels so nice, sheer bliss.
During our stay we found all the staff so helpful and friendly and could not fault them in any way.
Concierge were very helpful with directions and advice, always with a smile, they recommended we eat at the Thai restaurant in the hotel, they said the lady chef was award winning so we booked, and we were so glad we did the food was absolutely fantastic, the best ever, if you book this hotel please take my advice and make a reservation you will not be disappointed, and a very reasonable price.
The breakfast has something for everyone, not a huge spread but still very good, it can get busy in the mornings but if you go down about 7.30-8 am its fine.
One thing that I found annoying is that they supply a very good coffee machine (nespresso) and tea in the room but no whitener, I did ring reception and asked why no whitener and they said they would send milk up to the room, only to find a charge for it at check out, its a small thing but still a little annoying, when i mentioned it to the girl she cancelled the charge, I just wonder why no whitener is supplied in the room? anyway that apart it will not put me off booking Hotel Muse in the future, I think I will be returning to this hotel for my next visit and beyond.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic, and very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Greg C, thank you for posting your review on this site, I like your title very much and I think this is the best way to describe Muse. You have posted an extensive review so don’t feel like I should say much. Our Thai chef at Sutharos won “Iron Chef” Thailand and the food there is simply delicious. I have certainly taken on board your comment about the milk.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Hotel Muse was in a convenient location, close to the sky train. It has quite a unique atmosphere and style and the food was good - both the breakfast and the Sardinian restaurant downstairs. The rooftop bars were great too!
However, there were a few things lacking and a little strange, mainly the service. It took us three days to book a tour as they could not understand what we were trying to book. We ended up waiting for one staff member (sorry I can't remember their name) and they were very helpful but all in all a little frustrating. They try and fill the lower rooftop bar first before letting anyone to the upper level. We thought it was booked out every night until we got told this was what they did! The way they made up the room was completely random - every day seemed different and a couple of days they did a turn down service (that was not requested) which again was a little strange and just involved replacing a towel.
Overall, hotel itself was good but needs improvement on the service and could probably do better for the price in bkk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ask6400, thank you for your review on TA, well it was good to see that you gave us a very good rating but I was sorry to read that you felt something was missing, let’s hope we can find it and we have certainly taken your constructive comment on board. Not sure what happened with Speakeasy our roof top bar but I can assure you that what you are describing is not at all our policy. The door to the 25th floor is always closed as it is to re-create the feel of a real illegal venue with a secret door like in the 20’s during the prohibition era but in no way to deter our customer to get in. we have taken measure to make sure that it does not happened again, and thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon of course

Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Modern and very cosy interior. If not too unlucky you'll have a great view of the city from your room even from around 18:th floor which I had. Relaxed pool a bit higher up, but get there early to get a sun chair, it's not that big. Roof top bar among the best in Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Signature_15, thank you for posting your review and glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, Speakeasy our roof top bar is not only one of the best in BKK but has just been awarded World Best bar Asia 2013 so definitely worth a visit.
See you again soon.