“Almost there...”

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan, MGallery Collection
Ranked #35 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We visited in November 2012 and stayed a few nights as we wanted to explore the city.

The good bits:

- the design of the hotel is quite unique and reminded me of Art Deco;
- our room was spacious, well designed and maintained;
- the staff was generally very attentive and courteous and looked after us.

The not so good bits:

- the lobby of the hotel is dark to the point of feeling like you are in a crypt (but I accept that it is ultimately a question of taste);
- the breakfast spread in the executive lounge was quite basic and I expected more of a five star hotel;
- also, because our room was close to the executive lounge, the smell of food from the lounge was a tad annoying;
- Muse is located on a quaint street and, as a result, taxi drivers often struggled to find the hotel (even with hotel's "I am a hapless foreigner, please take me to..." card);
- concierge advice - whilst the Spring Summer dinner recommendation was spot on, on another night, although we specifically said where we wanted to go, we were sent to a completely different place and address and the only explanation was that no one was picking the phone to take the reservation at the place we were looking at - that is just unacceptable.

All in all, a very good hotel but missing something to be a great one.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HotelMuseBangkok, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan, MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your review and I was very pleased to read that you appreciated the décor and assistance of our staff. I am sorry that your breakfast and concierge experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your comment concerning the breakfast selection and food smell. In addition, training for all concierge staff will be emphasized to prevent this type of incident from happening again in the future. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Joe

Write a ReviewReviews (3,460)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelMuseBangkok, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan, MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The Muse makes anyone feel so special !
From check in to having a cocktail at speakeasy ! ( thats the great bar and restaurant on the top floor ) The pool , and most of all the decor and furnishings are all well its kind of like being in a art museum ! Top level accomadation and i would also welcome the Muse bangkok to any one looking for an excellent hotel in bangkok !
Thanks muse and i / we /my group will be back !!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank stephen b

Thank you for your kind words, and I hope to see you here again very soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Muse .. the staff were excellant. We had been upgraded due to there being no rooms of the rate we had booked which was a nice suprise. If I have any faults to mention it would be the price of the breakfast and the fact that though it was very nice to sit down while checking in or checking out, we found the reception area quite gloomy due to the subdued lighting.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review. I was pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. I hope to see you here again in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Felt like a bit of a dork walking into the hotel in my tank top and flip flops... but the hotel was beautiful. Great service. The room service menu changed to a smaller, very small, one at night, I can't remember what time but it was shockingly early.. perhaps 9:00 o'clock (however at 930 they still let us order from the main menu)..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelMuseBangkok, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan, MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for your review and kind words. Please allow me to express my apologies regarding the room service menu. Please be informed that due to maintenance plan in the main kitchen on that night, we limited the selection of the menu; however, the main menu was still available upon request.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and hopefully we would be able to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My daughter and I stayed two nights in this amazing boutique hotel. Staff and services are fantastic, rooms are superb, and great bars and restaurants. Extra long and soft beds which is not common in Asia. My daughter loved the inifinity pool on the 19th floor, water was pretty cold though. Definitely my favourite Bangkok hotel and greatly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bressers

Thank you for your review of Hotel Muse Bangkok and we look forward to your return to our hotel in the near future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights nov 2012 and rooms spacious and comfortable. The atmosphere is a little pretentious and the lifts are slow as there is only 2 especially at breakfast time. The staff are attentive and the beds very comfortable. I paid 1100 baht per night which is good value but drinks and snacks were a little pricey. Location is little out of the way as sukhumvit road is 10 min taxi ride

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for the compliments. I was very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staffs and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. I will be sure to pass this on to our team. In addition, I am sorry that you felt our hotel atmosphere was a little bit pretentious and the guest lifts were slow during breakfast time. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your comments. Thank you again for sharing your experience and see you again very soon.