“Comfortable accommodation, centrally located!”
Review of Smile Society

Smile Society
Ranked #3 of 1,300 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed February 18, 2014

- Stayed in a single room. Smaller room then expected but provided cleaners to clean room, had satellite television & own bathroom.
- Hostel centrally located near Sala Daeng BTS Station & Silom MRT in an upmarket area of Bangkok area near major shopping centres & away from the 'loudness' of the Khao Sun Road area where most backpackers stay. Took public transport to & from hostel that allowed me to save considerable amount of money
- Bee the owner although strict with rules, was especially helpful in giving you tips on where/what to do in Bangkok. However, her assistants really need to learn how to speak basic English as when she is not working in the hostel, it is very difficult to communicate with them when you require assistance.
- Breakfast was adequately provided - fruit, muffins, tea/coffee, juice and Bread & Butter.
- Will certainly come back to stay if I ever go back to Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The location is very convenient because it is near Sala Daeng BTS station and many restaurants around the area. The staffs are very friendly, especially the managers Bee and Nid, they will gladly assist you if you have questions on how to navigate around BKK. They even prepared breakfast early in the morning during my day trip to Ayutthaya and going to airport to catch my next flight.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at smilesociety for a couple of days. It is nice and quite place to hangout. But on the other hand you will also always find the right people to experience Bangkoks crazy nightlife! Bee, the manager, is a really kind person and loves to support you with every useful information You will need. Love it!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were three guys in the small but comfortable & clean triple-room. The owner of the place (at least I think she was) was very kind and eager to help in any given situation. The place is centrally situated in a side-road of Silom road and therefore in reach of BTS-Station but very quiet nevertheless.
We can definitly recommend staying there if you want to avoid all those "Khaosan-kind-of-folks".... you know what I mean...

Room Tip: Triple-Room was not really big but very clean and nice beds.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2014

A super clean, homely hostel! Perfect for relaxing and recuperating, one of the cleanest hostels I have ever seen. Great for maybe the end of your travels if you need to recover and just chill out. Not the best if you're up for a party and meeting loads of wild new people - aim for Khao San road if that is your goal. But otherwise great travel links to the rest of the city which came in so handy. Bee is absolutely lovely, the most trustworthy person I met on my travels!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Smile society was my first stop in Thailand, it was a great place to choose as my base and I feel very safe knowing I will be coming back to this hostel at the end of my travels. It is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in! The lady owner is great for tourist information :D Thank-you and see you in 6 weeks!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I am at smile society for the third time at my southeast- asia -trip. It is in the middle of the center near the night market but the place is quiet and peaceful.
The staff is kind and very helpful. The beds are comfortable.
The included breakfast as the little garden at the entrance is a nice opportunity to get related to other travelers.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo